Carlos linked with Swansea

5 hours ago, vulva said:

One thing about the Carlos situation that has surprised me is the behaviour of some on here. Maybe it shouldn't?

After years in the wilderness we reached the playoffs twice, and had some fantastic times, playing some brilliant football. He was also a top bloke, a great ambassador for the club and the only manager I can ever remember getting praise from Unitedites. Even they liked him. The media loved the bloke, and the whole club was lifted. 

The last 6 months went pear shaped, but the childish language, vile criticism and pathetic put downs on here by a pre pubescent minority is quite disgraceful, and those doing it should be thoroughly ashamed. It would be bad enough directing such bile towards the likes of Irvine and Jones, when the football and ambition was really bad. 

This is Sheffield Wednesday. Not Leeds, United, Millwall etc. Show some respect, have some manners and grow up. Or do one. 

This x100

The style of play Carlos prefers may suit a team in the Prem rather than the Championship.

Even swansea have good players who could hurt any team if they are patient enough to wait for the opportunities.

We need to be a bit more adventurous and take risks as the opposites will not be as good as so can afford the risk.

5 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

This x100

Yes, two good seasons and a mediocre half season does not jusify the venom seen on here and other social media.

Laws did OK at Burnley after we sacked him, I hope Carlos follows suit.

Edited by WC1Owl

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Let’s be honest here the man just isn’t a very good manager.

Nice guy fair enough but that, his lack of tactical nous and inability to see the obvious cost him his job in the end.

He would be way out of his depth in the PL.

I know getting to the playoffs twice in three seasons, down to good luck I'd say. 

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

I know getting to the playoffs twice in three seasons, down to good luck I'd say. 

He’s a one dimensional stubborn but ultimately poor manager.

He couldn’t ge the most basic stuff right in the end whether it be fitness, tactics, player positions or man management he just couldn’t do it.  

No wonder we were so easy to play against it was so obvious to us fans how we we’re going to set out and what tactics we would use any opposition manager worth there salt would be able to suss us out and figure how to beat us

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

He’s a one dimensional stubborn but ultimately poor manager.

He couldn’t ge the most basic stuff right in the end whether it be fitness, tactics, player positions or man management he just couldn’t do it.  

No wonder we were so easy to play against it was so obvious to us fans how we we’re going to set out and what tactics we would use any opposition manager worth there salt would be able to suss us out and figure how to beat us

The next manager will have 18 months top whack to get promotion, before the fans are getting out the pitchforks. 

In fact, quite a few on here haven't put theirs away.

12 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

What exactly have you got against Carlos? Its like a Daily Express anti EU witch hunt with you.    If you believe anything you read in the Sun, you've got serious problems.    Hes been our best manager by far in 20 years

1)Bryan Laws got sacked by us.

His next match was Man Utd v Burnley at Old Trafford, in front of 75,000. 

2).  Carlos has managed Sporting Lisbon and Galatasary who are both bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.   Since when were we a big club?   Outside North Sheffield, most people would see Portsmouth, Wigan and Blackburn as bigger than us.  He's also played for far bigger clubs than we will ever be.  Porto for a start.  

I predict he will manage a club bigger than us. And do well.  

12 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

What exactly have you got against Carlos? Its like a Daily Express anti EU witch hunt with you.    If you believe anything you read in the Sun, you've got serious problems.    Hes been our best manager by far in 20 years

1)Bryan Laws got sacked by us.

His next match was Man Utd v Burnley at Old Trafford, in front of 75,000. 

2).  Carlos has managed Sporting Lisbon and Galatasary who are both bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.   Since when were we a big club?   Outside North Sheffield, most people would see Portsmouth, Wigan and Blackburn as bigger than us.  He's also played for far bigger clubs than we will ever be.  Porto for a start.  

I predict he will manage a club bigger than us. And do well.  

Be careful mate,talkin sense on here will get you a good telling off!!

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

The next manager will have 18 months top whack to get promotion, before the fans are getting out the pitchforks. 

I have nothing against the man personally but its been amateurish this season. 

15 minutes ago, Watson said:

And in many ways if we aren't promoted by 2020, then so he should be. 

Can't believe by then it'll have been twenty years since our relegation, mental 

I'm glad he's gone and to be honest the last 18 months have been wasted. We have had a manager with more resources at his disposal than any other manager and what did we get for it? Boring dour football at a high price. I wish no ill feeling towards him but couldn't care less where he ends up and what he does. This and last season have been wasted opportunities where a manager with real tactical nous and man management skills would have maximised the tools at his disposal. Instead we watched the boring football which didnt entertain. The foundations we have now were not laid by Carvalhal but by Stuart Gray before him.