Carlos linked with Swansea

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

What exactly have you got against Carlos? Its like a Daily Express anti EU witch hunt with you.    If you believe anything you read in the Sun, you've got serious problems.    Hes been our best manager by far in 20 years

1)Bryan Laws got sacked by us.

His next match was Man Utd v Burnley at Old Trafford, in front of 75,000. 

2).  Carlos has managed Sporting Lisbon and Galatasary who are both bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.   Since when were we a big club?   Outside North Sheffield, most people would see Portsmouth, Wigan and Blackburn as bigger than us.  He's also played for far bigger clubs than we will ever be.  Porto for a start.  

I predict he will manage a club bigger than us. And do well.  

You were making good points until you ruined it with the Wigan statement.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

One thing about the Carlos situation that has surprised me is the behaviour of some on here. Maybe it shouldn't?

After years in the wilderness we reached the playoffs twice, and had some fantastic times, playing some brilliant football. He was also a top bloke, a great ambassador for the club and the only manager I can ever remember getting praise from Unitedites. Even they liked him. The media loved the bloke, and the whole club was lifted. 

The last 6 months went pear shaped, but the childish language, vile criticism and pathetic put downs on here by a pre pubescent minority is quite disgraceful, and those doing it should be thoroughly ashamed. It would be bad enough directing such bile towards the likes of Irvine and Jones, when the football and ambition was really bad. 

This is Sheffield Wednesday. Not Leeds, United, Millwall etc. Show some respect, have some manners and grow up. Or do one. 

That first season the media couldn't get enough. Instead of interviewing him downstairs they brought him up into the studio. They don't do that very often.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

One thing about the Carlos situation that has surprised me is the behaviour of some on here. Maybe it shouldn't?

After years in the wilderness we reached the playoffs twice, and had some fantastic times, playing some brilliant football. He was also a top bloke, a great ambassador for the club and the only manager I can ever remember getting praise from Unitedites. Even they liked him. The media loved the bloke, and the whole club was lifted. 

The last 6 months went pear shaped, but the childish language, vile criticism and pathetic put downs on here by a pre pubescent minority is quite disgraceful, and those doing it should be thoroughly ashamed. It would be bad enough directing such bile towards the likes of Irvine and Jones, when the football and ambition was really bad. 

This is Sheffield Wednesday. Not Leeds, United, Millwall etc. Show some respect, have some manners and grow up. Or do one. 

^^^^

This, this and this again.

Eloquently and succinctly put (if I may say so )

The man came as a nobody and left as a bloody Wednesdayite for gods sake!

28 minutes ago, Almat said:

I just don't get this 'Carlos would be a decent Premiership manager' theory. He's managed at top clubs in Europe....and come up short every time. What makes people believe he'd do well in the toughest league in World football? It's a nuts theory. 

You are absolutely obsessed. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, heppers said:

We are not a big club.

Carlos should have achieved more with our squad. Most managers fail in comparison to our fans expectations. There lies the issue. We have short memories. If we hit the premiership a lot of our fans would expect Champions League football.

Why would they expect Champions league football?

Do you know any that would ?

Who are the fans with memory loss?

Do you know any of them ?

Or did you make it up?

Be very good appointment for Swansea City very well organised effective manager which Swansea need in this moment in time will create stability in the team from the day One .

tactics of cc is more suited in the Premier League with a continental way of playing 

just wasn’t any good for us in the championship Best of luck to him and I hope you get the job..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Almat said:

I just don't get this 'Carlos would be a decent Premiership manager' theory. He's managed at top clubs in Europe....and come up short every time. What makes people believe he'd do well in the toughest league in World football? It's a nuts theory. 

My son always says his style is for the premiere league but I don't get it either.

I’ve been saying for a while he could go elsewhere and make an impact. His cv had had him doing that for years in short stints. This was one of his few longer term stints and sadly his approach seemed to wear thin. 

I had visions of him going to a Brentford or similar and having them up there, a team that can have a go without the pressure here. In Swansea’s case they think they are down so he could go there and just have a go and I think he could take some scalps. 

Just hope he doesn’t come and pinch our better players too! If he does they better pay well.

6 minutes ago, Maxine said:

My son always says his style is for the premiere league but I don't get it either.

His style strikes me for the top leagues on the continent. Karanka was similar but didn’t like strong and quick players who may lose the ball and Boro really struggled with the premier as a result.

At Swansea though they have players who can cope with that so it would be interesting to see how he goes.

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

His style strikes me for the top leagues on the continent. Karanka was similar but didn’t like strong and quick players who may lose the ball and Boro really struggled with the premier as a result.

At Swansea though they have players who can cope with that so it would be interesting to see how he goes.

My son coaches kids football so he does no what he's on about but I watch football in a simple way. it will be interesting  to see what he does in the future yes. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

His record at clubs on the continent suggests otherwise

A terrible manager that according to some had an incredible first season ....when we finished 6th! ,14 points behind 3rd and half a dozen places higher than when he took over 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the monk said:

His record at clubs on the continent suggests otherwise

A terrible manager that according to some had an incredible first season ....when we finished 6th! ,14 points behind 3rd and half a dozen places higher than when he took over 

He got short term success with a number of unfancied clubs and when we reached the play off final we were that unfancied club. I just don’t think he is someone who has experience of sticking around and building.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

You are absolutely obsessed. 

Well at least my apparent obsession led me to see the light literally months before you did. No embarrassing climb downs for me, eh? And talking of obsession, that was post number 41,491. Never has the phrase 'get a life' been so apt. 

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Carlos wanted to go  and speak to them last year I think.  Wonder if they got in touch with his agent.  I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Me too mate . Lovely bloke, but just ran out of ideas and needed to move on .