Carlos linked with Swansea

7 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Still hurts doesn't it

What does?

I just want us to win.  I'll be there for the Burton game even if Mickey Mouse was given the job. Not wasting a 3 year ST. 

It was obvious Carlos was going to get sacked.  Just annoyed that some of our fans feel the need to still kick him.  

8 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

What does?

I just want us to win.  I'll be there for the Burton game even if Mickey Mouse was given the job. Not wasting a 3 year ST. 

It was obvious Carlos was going to get sacked.  Just annoyed that some of our fans feel the need to still kick him.  

Then why belittle Sheffield Wednesday just to stick up for Carlos 

2 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Be interesting to see there one attempt on goal every week on MOTD

There are a few sides in the Prem regularly having few shots on target. It's the nature of the Prem now with it effectively being two leagues. Didn't Watford win 2-1 yesterday with only one shot on target?

27 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I am confident nobody on this planet sees Wigan as a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday.

Wigan are far from being a bigger club than us, I think his idea was that because they (Wigan, Blackburn, Portsmouth) has long spells in the prem in the noughties  and will perhaps be perceived by some casuals to be a bigger club as such. They also won an fa cup and played in the Europa league. For the record, we are miles bigger than Portsmouth but can understand the Blackburn comparison. Don’t agree with it though, bigger home and away gates, larger history ( and yes I know Blackburn won the Prem back in 95 but Football didn’t start in 1992)

34 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I am confident nobody on this planet sees Wigan as a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday.

Recent FA Cup winners? Seen premier league football in recent years.

Some will for sure.

I think is point is a lot of our fan base is deluded. We are not a big club any more. Big clubs have gone global. We are too busy fighting each other to take on the world.

12 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Best of luck to Carlos, just because he couldn't do the job with us doesn't mean I don't wish him every bit of success in future career!

Just came to the end of the road after 2 play-off failures; air went out of the balloon so we need fresh ideas to go again.

Look at you trying to bring dignity to Owlstalk :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Can't see it happening for him. Don't think he ever truly settled in the UK and he's bound to miss his family

You clearly haven't seen his CV....he's managed all over the place and i believe his wife is an educational professional and doesn't go with him. Not saying he won't miss his family but being away from home must be second nature to him now. 

Edited by Almat

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Recent FA Cup winners? Seen premier league football in recent years.

Some will for sure.

I think is point is a lot of our fan base is deluded. We are not a big club any more. Big clubs have gone global. We are too busy fighting each other to take on the world.

I am aware that Wigan (and Pompey and Blackburn) have had recent success. Genuinely don’t believe anyone would think Wigan are a bigger club - weirdly their cup win being portrayed as a fairytale just emphasised how small a club they are.

Pointless debate anyway.

Or Swansea know they're going down and are now looking to next season in the Championship.

Armed with parachute cash, I think he'd do well.

I've wanted Carlos sacking for the best part of a year, but that's not because I think he's a duffer.

Last season I argued that we weren't good enough for him.

What I meant was that if we could afford better all-rounders then he'd play as we did in his first season here and get us up.

He played defensively because he was aware of our deficiencies, but I'm not sure it was his natural game.

This season I've wanted him gone because of the hangover, which is inevitable after losing two play-offs.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

What exactly have you got against Carlos? Its like a Daily Express anti EU witch hunt with you.    If you believe anything you read in the Sun, you've got serious problems.    Hes been our best manager by far in 20 years

1)Bryan Laws got sacked by us.

His next match was Man Utd v Burnley at Old Trafford, in front of 75,000. 

2).  Carlos has managed Sporting Lisbon and Galatasary who are both bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.   Since when were we a big club?   Outside North Sheffield, most people would see Portsmouth, Wigan and Blackburn as bigger than us.  He's also played for far bigger clubs than we will ever be.  Porto for a start.  

I predict he will manage a club bigger than us. And do well.  

Hi Carlos

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, lancashireowl said:

Thoughts?

Good luck to him, he's not a bad Manager, knows a great deal about the game, but like all Football Manager's, when the players stop listening its cheaper and more practical to get rid of the Manager than wait several years for the players to leave.

I think Swansea will go down either way, but I always thought if we did go up Carlos would do well in the Premier as his outlook is actually more suited to a Premier League survival campaign. i.e. picking tactics to suit the strengths of the opposition.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

What exactly have you got against Carlos? Its like a Daily Express anti EU witch hunt with you.    If you believe anything you read in the Sun, you've got serious problems.    Hes been our best manager by far in 20 years

1)Bryan Laws got sacked by us.

His next match was Man Utd v Burnley at Old Trafford, in front of 75,000. 

2).  Carlos has managed Sporting Lisbon and Galatasary who are both bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.   Since when were we a big club?   Outside North Sheffield, most people would see Portsmouth, Wigan and Blackburn as bigger than us.  He's also played for far bigger clubs than we will ever be.  Porto for a start.  

I predict he will manage a club bigger than us. And do well.  

Drugs don't do them.

• Haha 1