Anyone who went?

Guest Kameron

Looked a different side, many players looked like weights had been moved from their shoulders.  Yes we were rough around the edges but the intent was there to go and win the game, confidence grew as the game went on too.  We’ve nothing to lose as the season is over, however stranger things have happened, the next two are winnable, I’m more confident going to the lane without Carlos in charge, if the players put right Septembers abysmal showing we’ll be right back in it.  Realistically I’ll be happy watching games like today’s even if we get turned over 3-4 along the way, today was end to end and much more enjoyable for it.

Edited by Kameron

Watched on iFollow, felt it was a good performance, still a touch shakey defensively and if Forest had some better nous in front of goal then it could have been much different as a result. Still, we had a lot more steel to our play and I am really happy that we didn’t decide to shut up shop or act awkward after our early goal. We looked like there was more effort and belief and I’m really happy for Bully that his formation paid off so well.

Wildsmith played well and I’m glad we kept a clean sheet for him.

Great finish from the spot from Rhodes and I hope it gives him some more confidence and he can kick on with better support now.

Joao was our best player, he was so unlucky to not score twice as he had an awesome effort a few minutes before tipped onto the bar. Seemed to be involved in everything good that we produced. I noticed after his goal he celebrated with the coaching staff, seemed to appreciate the second chance and decision they made to start him in his best position and made me think about CC’s turgid decision to put him on on the wing in his recent sub appearances.

Disappointed to see Van Aken and Hoops go off as Van Aken was doing well and made some good balls forward and I’m disappointed we didn’t really get to see much of Hoops’s link up play.

Solid result but a better team would have turned us over today. There was no difference in the players’ application to when Carlos was in charge. We rode our luck but were probably the deserved winners on the whole. 

Our stand out player was Adam Reach. He’s head and shoulders above the other fitness-wise and his legs make a big difference in the middle of the park. That said, his lack of knowledge in the position alongside Hooper led to Forest getting on the ball ‘in between the lines’ far too often and exposing our suspect defence too much in the first half. 

To the chap who said that he hopes the pen gives Rhodes the confidence to kick on from here... I think we all do but unfortunately there is no place for him in this team, or indeed this league moving forward. His lack of ability to hold the ball up is scary. I love the lad as a person and his application can’t be questioned but statistically, when the ball goes up to him it comes back at you 9/10 and no team can sustain that type of pressure on them. We rode our luck time after time because of Jordan giving the ball away and won’t go anywhere with this chap up top. I’ve given him a chance and it pains me to type these words as I love the thought of him doing well but he’s a League One striker at best and the quicker Fletcher gets back/we get somebody else in January the better. The service he gets is questionable and it’s an unenviable task being up there alone, but he doesn’t ‘get it’ and offers the wrong option consistently (ie when he should show feet he runs in behind, never ever troubling the centre half as he has no pace, and vice versa). Sad to see, but he needs to be kept as far away from the 11 as possible moving forward. 

UTO 

Edited by SamOwl89

2 hours ago, SamOwl89 said:

To the chap who said that he hopes the pen gives Rhodes the confidence to kick on from here... I think we all do but unfortunately there is no place for him in this team, or indeed this league moving forward. His lack of ability to hold the ball up is scary. I love the lad as a person and his application can’t be questioned but statistically, when the ball goes up to him it comes back at you 9/10 and no team can sustain that type of pressure on them. We rode our luck time after time because of Jordan giving the ball away and won’t go anywhere with this chap up top. I’ve given him a chance and it pains me to type these words as I love the thought of him doing well but he’s a League One striker at best and the quicker Fletcher gets back/we get somebody else in January the better. The service he gets is questionable and it’s an unenviable task being up there alone, but he doesn’t ‘get it’ and offers the wrong option consistently (ie when he should show feet he runs in behind, never ever troubling the centre half as he has no pace, and vice versa). Sad to see, but he needs to be kept as far away from the 11 as possible moving forward. 

I think your perspective is pretty harsh.

I do accept the opinion that he is a little limited as a player, but I think to look at those things overlooks the talents that he does have. And let’s be honest, we haven’t seen enough of those talents and so much of that has been down to service and style of play.

The thing that most excited me about someone new looking at the team, even Bullen in a new and authoritative role, is that he can look at these players and think about how we can play to their strengths (Bullen even said this in his post match interview that he wanted Wallace to provide crosses for Rhodes). I felt we have over the last few months of Carlos not seen anywhere near enough of our strengths and it even looked like the players had forgotten what those were.

Like what I felt we have seen from Joao today, we do have players that have almost been forgotten for how good they can be for us. Rhodes is a damn sight better than what he has overall shown for Wednesday so far and it is rash to cast him aside going on how we have been for the last year.

Guest Bulgaria
15 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Quite hilarious that some blokes in front of us were slagging Joao off all game and even suggested replacing him with Nuhiu after 35 mins. There's always some eh!!!

Did they look like Fletcher and Atty?

People need to look at the positives from Rhodes  , not just the negatives.

We all know he ain’t got the pace and strength required to be a great lone striker but he did well yesterday.

He was up against two big centre halfs and continually got fouls because they clattered him. Mancienne really lost it. Rhodes was too clever and experienced for him

Playing Rhodes there allowed Joao to play wide against Osborn who couldn’t cope with him. I doubt Joao would have been as effective against the big centre halfs

And don’t forget if the ball goes in the box he is still the man we want on the end of it