That is why he had to go

7 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

To get such a dramatic improvement is damming on the performance and influence of Carlos.

More shots today than the whole of November.

Some big name prospective Managers will be emailing the Chairman their CVs as we speak.

Exciting times.

I bet you're the first one to moan about whoever gets the job.

WTF:

thrower.

• Haha 2

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Stoop said:

People shouldn’t surprised, along with Wolves and Villa we have the best squad in the league

Exactly this^^^^

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

lol some of our fans really do get loopy after a win 

You don't think we have one if the best there squads in the league?

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

2 full seasons in charge, 2 play off campaigns.

Lol.

And that's the strange thing about this business, isn't it?

We overachieved in that first season and got to the play-offs when we perhaps weren't quite ready.

Had we finished 7th, then Carlos would only have had one play-off defeat to his name.

It's even possible he'd have been less cautious against the Terriers as a result, and maybe we'd have gone to the final.

Whatever, the players perhaps would still have had faith in him and so no hangover.

It's like being a gunfighter, albeit with less fatal consequences; winner takes all.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

And that's the strange thing about this business, isn't it?

We overachieved in that first season and got to the play-offs when we perhaps weren't quite ready.

Had we finished 7th, then Carlos would only have had one play-off defeat to his name.

It's even possible he'd have been less cautious against the Terriers as a result, and maybe we'd have gone to the final.

Whatever, the players perhaps would still have had faith in him and so no hangover.

It's like being a gunfighter, albeit with less fatal consequences; winner takes all.

He wouldn't have been less cautious against Huddersfield imo...he was already fixated with not losing.

FFS.

• Like 1

Personally I'm trying not to get carried away with it, it's only one game - It's what Jon Newsome said on the radio. We didn't play great but Forrest were poor and fluffed their chances. I'm waiting until after this busy xmas period to see what effect the shakeup has had

14 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Spot on that man.

But there's one big difference between today and most of the games this season, and it's not just the score.

The players looked like they wanted to play for the manager.

Your last sentence begs a very serious question then. How long would the players have carried on " not playing for him ", ?

Had CC not walked, would the players have " not played for him " right up until we were relegated ?

Serious question this. 

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Not even close 

our squad lacks creativity, pace, youth and general quality

id put it in the top 10 

9 hours ago, the monk said:

In that case we have sacked a top man who over achieved 

Completely disagree with these. The squad needs tweaking but we have one of the best three squads in the league. Carlos underachieved last year and this year. The squad and DC are not the problem - far from it we should be very grateful to DC. Carlos was the problem. He chose not to buy or use pace and to take a gamble on unproven centre backs rather than going for proven championship players like the guy from Brentford. One game without him and we've played attacking football utilising the one player we have with pace. Guess what we won away 3-0. Guess what - we all called it. Long way to go but I feel the grey cloud around hillsborough is dissipating. Hard to    Imagine anyone getting it more wrong.

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Personally I'm trying not to get carried away with it, it's only one game - It's what Jon Newsome said on the radio. We didn't play great but Forrest were poor and fluffed their chances. I'm waiting until after this busy xmas period to see what effect the shakeup has had

And then what?

6 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Your last sentence begs a very serious question then. How long would the players have carried on " not playing for him ", ?

Had CC not walked, would the players have " not played for him " right up until we were relegated ?

Serious question this. 

A very good question.

I guess they just gamble on the fact that in the end the chairman will act.

It happened under Laws and Jones too.

8 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Before I neg anyone for having a constructive opinion ?

Nice new Avatar by the way it's better suited to you ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

Guest Greenshire
On 12/27/2017 at 01:52, Jack the Hat said:

You don't think we have one if the best there squads in the league?

So with one of the best squads in the Championship we sit 6 points off the relegation places. Burton a great squad, must also be one of the best in the Championship too.