That is why he had to go

Fantastic result and maybe not surprising, a great lift for all concerned but lets not get carried away but build on todays success, take the positives and build on them, we need to sort this injury problem, 80-90% instead of 60-70% fit, managed properly and were in business again

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The players weren't playing for Carlos.

They call it a hangover.

That's why I stayed away and withheld funds to try to force Chansiri's hand.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this victory today should be dedicated to me, in honour of the sacrifices I have made. lol

Perhaps a commemorative medal could be struck.

When not at Hillsborough I've had jobs in the house to do, I've had to carry shopping around Meadowhell and the like.

I took on the sins of the club so that it might prosper.

Hitler.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i went today, really enjoyed it probably 1st time in a long time. could have ended up 5-4 to us pure entertainment , that's what ive been missing so glad carlos has left . we had more shots on target than all November added together today and got to byline more than we have for 2 years . just need chansiri to get the right man in , hope bullen can stay whatever happens ,really like hearing his honestly and straight talking something we didn't get with carlos. 

Calm down dears. Yes a superb win . Well done to Bully and the lads  BUT it’s one game and at one nil , two nil we looked very vulnerable at the back and things could have been different. We’ll try to build on this for sure. We keep our fingers crossed and hope the new manager whoever he may be can get the best out of our talented squad 

• Like 1

Just now, Baggys battle bus said:

Calm down dears. Yes a superb win . Well done to Bully and the lads  BUT it’s one game and at one nil , two nil we looked very vulnerable at the back and things could have been different. We’ll try to build on this for sure. We keep our fingers crossed and hope the new manager whoever he may be can get the best out of our talented squad 

Spot on that man.

But there's one big difference between today and most of the games this season, and it's not just the score.

The players looked like they wanted to play for the manager.

3 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

Have to admit I kept faith with Carlos for much too long.

Hopefully the Chairman has also learned his lesson and appoints a Manager who plays the exciting attacking football he spoke about when he arrived, not the negative stuff he allowed Carlos to play after Wembley.

Kudos for admitting that. You won't get many of the clappers doing the same, sadly lol

It was refreshing to see the stats after the game. 38% possession, 19 attempts on goal of which 8 were on target and 8 corners. 

There was a clear switch in tactics to be more aggressive when in possession. Reach was very impressive centrally and provided the legs to get up and support Rhodes (who battled all game with their ch’s).  Switching Wallace to his natural left side and playing him like a natural winger helped. Similarly with Joao on the other wing. 

The main reason we have been so slow in possession is because our wide men tuck in. So when the full back got the ball his first look was to a non existent winger. The centre of the pitch is clogged up so it’s either a long ball up top or go back to the centre half. Wallace and Joao providing width was a major difference today. 

Defensively still a bit suspect, but my god it was a lot more entertaining and a welcome change. Fortune favours the brave or so they say and Bully went for it today and it payed off. 

7 hours ago, Almat said:

I do wonder how the clappers who abused the posters who identified early on how much CC was holding us back feel now. Mr Farrell is correct - he's been the worst manager in our history. 

Anyone who actually believes that needs serious help or needs to stop watching football.