That is why he had to go

Agree it’s too early to judge - played with a new formation though and Joao brought out of the cold and look like a new team.

Proven we can do it, just need to get the manager who is going to get that type of performance out of the team long term. 

Crucial who we get next as gaffer.

27 minutes ago, Almat said:

I do wonder how the clappers who abused the posters who identified early on how much CC was holding us back feel now. Mr Farrell is correct - he's been the worst manager in our history. 

Even now the manager has gone the same stirrers can't help themselves.

Just enjoy the win. It's one game which when we played well under Carlos meant nothing apparently.

He needed to go, he was far from the worst manager ever and now we need to all move on.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Because we've wasted a season by not acting sooner.

"Ah'll never call for a manager to be sacked, me ..."

'Olly.png

Ha ha ha 

20 minutes ago, Almat said:

I do wonder how the clappers who abused the posters who identified early on how much CC was holding us back feel now. Mr Farrell is correct - he's been the worst manager in our history. 

It’s one game and to agree that  Carlos was  the worst manager in our history is your opinion and mine is you are not  thinking straight and have memory loss , see a Doctor maybe !! Haha 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Let's give it a few games ay?  forest are rubbish tbf. let's just enjoy tonight. get a result at Brentford then beat burton.

So rubbish that they're still above us in the league even after that tonking we gave them. If they're rubbish what have we been for the first half of this season? lol

Don't disagree with your sentiment in the slightest however, no point getting too excited over a single win. But it was so nice to see us playing with a bit of freedom and swagger and actually getting shots away. So, so nice... 

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Agree it’s too early to judge - played with a new formation though and Joao brought out of the cold and look like a new team.

Proven we can do it, just need to get the manager who is going to get that type of performance out of the team long term. 

Crucial who we get next as gaffer.

Keep Lee Bullen on for now I reckon 

CCs system worked well for a time and when it was good it was very good.

It just lost its intensity for various reasons and seemed to get over complex with new signings struggling to implement it. 

There has been the need to go back to basics for a while now and do what we are best at, attack. We will concede but at least we may get some more wins. 

Its standard change of manager stuff seeing a response from the players, a sense of relief and a weight lifted from them. But it just goes to show we were right to be saying a change was needed for this very reason, it resets a negative situation and releases a load of pressure. 

Its hard to say if Bullen should be considered but hopefully we can build on this now. It would be an interesting derby with Bullen vs Wilder. 

• Thanks 2

Have to admit I kept faith with Carlos for much too long.

Hopefully the Chairman has also learned his lesson and appoints a Manager who plays the exciting attacking football he spoke about when he arrived, not the negative stuff he allowed Carlos to play after Wembley.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

CCs system worked well for a time and when it was good it was very good.

It just lost its intensity for various reasons and seemed to get over complex with new signings struggling to implement it. 

There has been the need to go back to basics for a while now and do what we are best at, attack. We will concede but at least we may get some more wins. 

Its standard change of manager stuff seeing a response from the players, a sense of relief and a weight lifted from them. But it just goes to show we were right to be saying a change was needed for this very reason, it resets a negative situation and releases a load of pressure. 

Its hard to say if Bullen should be considered but hopefully we can build on this now. It would be an interesting derby with Bullen vs Wilder. 

You Talk a lot of sense mate , we all knew something needed changing except Carlos it seems 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Keep Lee Bullen on for now I reckon 

Hmmmmm not sure myself - got a big transfer window ahead of us as well, especially if FFP starts to bite. Think we need a manager in to start thinking long term (if they have a big say in transfers).

Think there will be a new manger in before new year myself, nothing but a hunch mind.

17 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The players weren't playing for Carlos.

They call it a hangover.

That's why I stayed away and withheld funds to try to force Chansiri's hand.

Ha ha todays result was all because of you .3 cheers for Athelwulf hip hip hooray 

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Hmmmmm not sure myself - got a big transfer window ahead of us as well, especially if FFP starts to bite. Think we need a manager in to start thinking long term (if they have a big say in transfers).

Think there will be a new manger in before new year myself, nothing but a hunch mind.

It’s going to take a big run of results for us to reach the play offs anyway , No available manager is looking decent to me just now tbh !!

5 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

I think we should move on from the Carlos in-out fights.

Its no surprise that we played with mire freedom today - pressure lifted, nothing to lose.

Bully made some calls that Carlos wouldn’t and they paid off - so hats off!

Considering how we have performed lately , today was quite outstanding really 

Good result today, often happens when a manager (or coach) leaves. Rode our luck at times but scoring three and still having a go when 1 and 2 up is refreshing and no coincidence. Saying Carlos was the worst manager in our history is either stupid or a terrible lack of memory. I think we all need to move on now and get behind whoever is in charge.

• Like 1

Excellent result and a very good performance.

Really enjoyed it, but it's also hard not to feel some anger and frustration bubble up still; all we ever wanted was for CC to set us up to attack teams more, and even with all these players out we still managed today to do precisely that which we've failed to consistently do all season. Yes, it's only one game, and you can always expect a reaction performance, but it was also how we set up today too.

I think we had more shots on target in the first 45 minutes today than we managed in that awful run of 4 or 5 games where we barely even got near the opposition goal.

Clearly far too early to be talking about whether Bullen should get the gig permanently, but if DC is to consider Bullen for the job at all then I'd say that was a perfect first audition.