Joao Goal

3 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

I'm which mean nothing really but he undoubtedly has potential and talent but think he is always going blow hot and cold. I am not putting him in same class but tbh he's like a balloteli again not saying he's same level but I mean he will go through periods that he's the best thing since sliced bread and we all think finally he living up to what we hope and think he could then he will go through a period that people will think he wouldn't get a game on concord Park. 

Truth in what you say, but I still hope he can find some kind of consistency Let’s face it, a consistent striker with his attributes would probably cost us a lot of money Having said that, we might have been able to find someone nearer the finished article, for the sort of money we spaffed on Jordan Rhodes

3 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Joao is the profile of a striker you'd want moe than any of the other strikers.

He is fast , strong, tall and mobile and can use both feet. 

Hipefully we can find a managwr to give him the same chances carlos gave Fletcher Rhodes etc. 

I wouldn't say he was strong.

i think he needs to bulk up a bit & improve his decision making.

He's clearly very talented & a valuable member of the squad. I hope the new manager gets the best out of him.

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Truth in what you say, but I still hope he can find some kind of consistency Let’s face it, a consistent striker with his attributes would probably cost us a lot of money Having said that, we might have been able to find someone nearer the finished article, for the sort of money we spaffed on Jordan Rhodes

Absolutely and so do I but the point is he will never find the consistency that alot of fans crave but that does not make him a poor player

I remember watching Joao the first handful of games thinking what a raw talent he was, very much reminded me of a Didier Drogba type player.

He hasn’t filled out as I’d liked and that lost tooth set him back a bit in terms of confidence but there’s certainly still something there.

New manager may well mean a new Joao.

Great goal. He has definitely got something special with the right manager in the right team.

p.s. on an important note, I hate the way that modern nets are like trampolines where the ball bounces out to about the half way line! Why can't we have some 'give' in the net so the keeper has to pick the ball out. Or is that just me?