Joao Goal

Joao always had the potential to be a £10-15 million striker.

And Lucas definitely isn’t the only player to have not lived up to his potential for us recently.  Personally I blame Carvalhal for that.

Thank f*ck that the shackles are off now.

That’s why the next managerial appointment is so important.  We need our most talented players to flourish for us, rather than be held back by poor tactics and shoddy man-management that the players have had to put up with recently.

Pace, strength, goals - can’t ask for much more in a Championship forward.  Hopefully now he can fulfil his potential with us.

Edited by Slick.

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Did you notice the name of one of the other scorers? And I don't mean Reach.

He had the guts to take a penalty. 

Jordan Rhodes ...hes on his way back.

Once FF is back he will be partnering Joao.

I've given up on him and then been brought back on side more times than I can remember.

One thing that goal today proves again, is that the boy has real ability, whether he will ever be able to produce regularly I don't know, but on his cameos this season, he certainly deserves a run in the side.

Guest RocketOwl
8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I look forward to Rhodes playing regularly and scoring regularly from FF's assists. I'm not convinced Joao has the relevant mental attitude to take the stick he will get when he doesn't score every week. Somebody will have a vendetta against Joao just as some have a vendetta against Rhodes,Reach,Bannan,Loovens,Wallace,Jones And every other member of the squad who has a bit of a drop in performance. As you are aware there are individuals who constantly criticise a player ad nauseam.

Can't think of anybody just now but give me a minute and I'm sure I will be able to think of somebody. 

lol

Hang on guru somebody has a thing against Rhodes. I think there is somebody else as well. Have you any idea who that Is? 

Fair play for him in scoring a penalty but he would never have scored Joao goal - and why didn't he take a pen in playoffs if he did today.

i just prefer faster mobile players. Rhodes is a good squad player.

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Cripes rocket that's praise coming from you. Better have a lay down.

Wouldn't say it's a massive amount of praise chap. He scored from 12 yards from a dead ball and he's a striker. It left me wondering why he didn't in playoffs if anything. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, and he should have been a regular thereafter, were it not for Carlos's bizarre team selections

I don’t know about that.

Joao played most of that season. But his wayward finishing started to let him down.

I would love for him to reach his potential. He has attributes that are different from every other striker on the books 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

His head and mind were in a dark place then. His manager never really want him and he he had a lot of stick about the fee and lack of goals. Perhaps his new (current) manager knows how to treat him. Let's hope it continues. 

Do we actually know this for a fact my friend?

If we did and it was proved Carlos didn't want JR, I may soften my stance but I doubt it was true. I'm not fickle with my opinions on football and won't change my view on 1 goal etc: I'm still ofbthe opinion he's not quite good enough or the player he was but certainly well played to him for helping us win.

Guest RocketOwl

Joao is the profile of a striker you'd want moe than any of the other strikers.

He is fast , strong, tall and mobile and can use both feet. 

Hipefully we can find a managwr to give him the same chances carlos gave Fletcher Rhodes etc. 

I'm which mean nothing really but he undoubtedly has potential and talent but think he is always going blow hot and cold. I am not putting him in same class but tbh he's like a balloteli again not saying he's same level but I mean he will go through periods that he's the best thing since sliced bread and we all think finally he living up to what we hope and think he could then he will go through a period that people will think he wouldn't get a game on concord Park.