Joao Goal

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With our lack of pace, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet This finish, and the one against the pigs, were beautifully taken finishes, the sort of finishes none of our other front players are capable of When you throw in the other stuff he brings to the table, only Forestieri delivers more

Problem is he hasn’t delivered consistently enough when he does get chances. Agree entirely that there is potentially a top player in there. Has had a bad 18 months; let’s hope changes at the club can bring out the best in him from now on. I’m sure he’ll be starting vs Brentford (who he’s bagged against previously)

Should have had a run after the pigs game,but for some reason our esteemed previous manager left him out,which knocked his confidence,he seems a player who needs an arm around the shoulder build his confidence and we just might have a player 

Guest RocketOwl
52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That little drag over that he did before smashing it in...

Unbelievable

Almost looked like he couldn't be bothered

lol

Some of have seen his capabilities for a long time.

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

must admit I didn't fancy him today. I was wrong.

was a threat and presence whilst he was on  and scored a cracker.

Well done Lucas.

Reckon most people thought similar. Couldn't see him getting in. Just shows you how people think and have valid opinions

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

must admit I didn't fancy him today. I was wrong.

was a threat and presence whilst he was on  and scored a cracker.

Well done Lucas.

Reckon most people thought similar. Couldn't see him getting in. Just shows you how people think and have valid opinions

10 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Problem is he hasn’t delivered consistently enough when he does get chances. Agree entirely that there is potentially a top player in there. Has had a bad 18 months; let’s hope changes at the club can bring out the best in him from now on. I’m sure he’ll be starting vs Brentford (who he’s bagged against previously)

There’s truth in what you say, I won’t deny that However, all Hooper’s other partners have been equally ineffective My feeling is, had we persisted with Joao, he might well have been a major talent by now Those other players aren’t gonna get better, Joao just might

Just now, gurujuan said:

There’s truth in what you say, I won’t deny that However, all Hooper’s other partners have been equally ineffective My feeling is, had we persisted with Joao, he might well have been a major talent by now Those other players aren’t gonna get better, Joao just might

Lets hope he gets a run now and takes it. A goal on Sat would be a great place to start! 

Merry Christmas!

Great goal. It wasn't just the goal by all accounts his all round performance was impressive. Just needs to keep playing at that level now he's shown he's still got the ability.

I'm wary of getting too carried away after one game.  

3 minutes ago, pussface said:

Always thought he was a player if managed/deployed correctly. Watch Mattias suddenly knock a few in.

Thought he might have come on when Joao went off At 3-0, we probably didn’t need to shut up shop by bringing Jones on