I’m very angry tonight

1 hour ago, cowl said:

But whilst CC still leaves his job? The club statement would've been enough for the vast majority. And that which is adequate for the vast majority would be about as much of a win as can be expected.

And should his statements explaining his reasons for doing things in a certain way pass without any scrutiny? I can, and have, applauded DC for the act of attempting to explain - but do what those explanations actually are not matter? He said recently that he doesn't want a Director of Football because he doesn't want to give one individual that much control, and that he prefers having global advisers with whom he consults on a regular basis. He characterised his view as "I prefer to listen to different voices as opposed to just one". I don't doubt that some (perhaps many) fans will be persuaded by this reasoning but I absolutely am not, and have said why elsewhere. But the point is that it's primarily the reasoning that I'm criticising - and I don't need to know what 'happens behind the scene' in order to do that.

My mistake mistook DOF for CEO but you get  my general gist hopefully.

Edited by Watson

41 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think once one or two clubs got billionaire owners and left others far behind in transfer market all other clubs had to try and find there own rich owner to keep up.

All a bit of a lottery who you get.

Really think it has made top 2 divisions a bit souless and really dont like attitude of some who dont want to criticise the owner because they dont want to upset him because he might take his money elsewhere.

Made us all customers rather the fans and cant see it changing anytime soon.

Been saying exactly the same to my Barnsley supporting colleagues this week. Lose local control of your club at your peril, however tempting the financial rewards might be 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think once one or two clubs got billionaire owners and left others far behind in transfer market all other clubs had to try and find there own rich owner to keep up.

All a bit of a lottery who you get.

Really think it has made top 2 divisions a bit souless and really dont like attitude of some who dont want to criticise the owner because they dont want to upset him because he might take his money elsewhere.

Made us all customers rather the fans and cant see it changing anytime soon.

Very true, but don't necessarily think that fan ownership will be the utopian dream. There will always need to be someone appointed to run the club, which means that their decisions will always be questioned, which means there will always be critics and division in the fanbase.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

First up was Muppet Christmas Carol, then straight into Paddington 2, then finally straight into Jumanji

Then headed to Hillsborough to the excellent 'Front Room' restaurant where I had an immaculate meal

Gotta say that I was sat there all the way through them itching to be on here expressing my fury at the last 24 hours. Have had the odd look and post between movies but the number of people repeating the 'nasty fans abusing chairman and manager' spiel is grating on me when in fact none of those people can really find/point to any that's happened in any great number.

Don't know which is worse - the new Jumanji film which is awful - or the number of fans blindly following the Chairmans statement and then blaming our brilliant fans for hounding Carlos out when it's all a total smokescreen.

So angry tonight

Let's treat it as a clean slate. I can see both sides of the argument. Everyone is pissed off at the moment including Carlos and Dejphon. 

You can criticise some of the decisions of Dejphon and his team, but he is only three years into running the club. We know he accepts he's learnt many lessons in the last three years. Especially in the last year, when things have not gone the way we would have hoped. 

We need to move on together with Dejphon as amongst all the fans who put more money into the club than in previous seasons,  he is the single biggest contributor to the clubs budget. Let's not turn him into a Dave Allen. 

Here's hoping things turn round starting tomorrow, and the players are now happy as well as being paid fantastically well to play for an iconic club like Wednesday. 

UTO 

garymegson

17 hours ago, NornOwl said:

Amen.

It's NOT our fault! 

The quote of a generation and people who think that words and actions have no conciquences. 

Calling the mangers rubbish all season and seeing Carlos out everywhere HAS had an effect on things down at S6.

Sorry the negative fan base HAS had an influence in this and people thinking otherwise is more blind than the blunts thinking they were going to walk the league. 

Wow! This isn't Cubs football you know.

4 hours ago, scram said:

Unfortunately they're not wrong

It IS his club and he CAN (and does) do what he wants

Whilst understanding what you mean I disagree.

it is his limited company within which the club currently sits.

However, our memberships and our season tickets say it is our club too.  

The fact that we dream about it, think about, talk about it and revolve our lives around it - say it is our club too.

We’ll outlast Chansiri and even if his Limited company went bust our club would live on.

He can’t put up ticket prices if nobody went.

He can’t get rid of the stripes if people don’t buy the shirts.

He can’t change the badge if nobody buys the merchandise.

Unfortunately, some of our fans have sold their soul in chasing the gold.  They’ve forgotten what is really important.  Whilst that remains the case, you are right, Chansiri will do what he wants.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This is another rant but one that I agree with unlike from our Chairman. Well said!

Two differences between the Chairman of Sheffield Wednesday and the owner of Owlstalk.

One puts money INTO the club and one makes money FROM the club.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I think it was Dom Howson who mentioned it in the post match press conference. We are half way through the season and we have won SIX matches. In the cold light of day the decision was long overdue. 

I know we've only won 6 but reading it like that really makes it sink in just how bad this season has been.