Megson's Coming Home

The main reason fans turned against Carlos was the turgid football his tactics was producing. Yet ironically here we are claiming Megson is the answer because he's one of us & has passion.

Time to move on, look forward & not back, Megson is not the answer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I’d rather keep Bullen and the guy that is doing so well with our U23’s, TBF I’d do better than Megson, he’ll just pi$$ our players off more than Carlos did....

Megson is like the dinosours, just a relic on our mantlepice..

FFS move on, it’s becoming very tedious now..

I’d rather have Laws than Megson TBH - anytime!

lol

lol

lol

Just now, gurujuan said:

True eventually, but the same was true of Megson by the time he left, and that was League One

I would give him till end of season. If it works great. If it doesn’t we move on. Nothing to lose. We need to get some pride back in the club. 

1 minute ago, owlmanc said:

I would give him till end of season. If it works great. If it doesn’t we move on. Nothing to lose. We need to get some pride back in the club. 

I can sympathise with the bit about pride, and I won’t deny he did that for us before However, in the end it was his attritional style of football, and personality, that was always going to be his undoing

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I can sympathise with the bit about pride, and I won’t deny he did that for us before However, in the end it was his attritional style of football, and personality, that was always going to be his undoing

The thing about personality... yeah I guess he can be confrontational but if you have heard him speak and read books about him you will know he’s deeply passionate about football and strives for people to gives 100% if they don’t then that’s when he clashes. He clashed with mandaric on things I think the fans would agree with... not pushing the boat out to sign Marshall etc..remember the Eastern Europeans/yugoslavians mandaric signed for him to work with? 

5 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

The thing about personality... yeah I guess he can be confrontational but if you have heard him speak and read books about him you will know he’s deeply passionate about football and strives for people to gives 100% if they don’t then that’s when he clashes. He clashed with mandaric on things I think the fans would agree with... not pushing the boat out to sign Marshall etc..remember the Eastern Europeans/yugoslavians mandaric signed for him to work with? 

I guess I’m just not a Megson fan, I don’t like the way he plays his football, and I don’t care for him as a person

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I guess I’m just not a Megson fan, I don’t like the way he plays his football, and I don’t care for him as a person

That’s fair enough mate. I’ve met him a few times and he’s always been sound with me.

1 minute ago, owlmanc said:

That’s fair enough mate. I’ve met him a few times and he’s always been sound with me.

He may well have changed as he’s matured, but my experiences couldn’t be more opposite Someone suggested knobhead earlier in the thread, and those were my thoughts also

• Haha 1

He may well have changed as he’s matured, but my experiences couldn’t be more opposite Someone suggested knobhead earlier in the thread, and those were my thoughts also

Yeah each to their own. I just care about someone getting the best out of the team I love. 

Me too really, but although I accept he motivated his players, the football was not to my taste

I agree. Do you not think with better quality players his playing style may change. He did very well with West Brom. See I would rather see us go up playing effective football than mid table passing round the back 

7 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

I agree. Do you not think with better quality players his playing style may change. He did very well with West Brom. See I would rather see us go up playing effective football than mid table passing round the back 

Well I have my doubts, probably the consensus of opinion, or he would have had more managerial offers, but of course I can’t say for sure Mid table sideways passing, or effective football and promotion? Hmm, yes a no brainer Having said that, I hated the football under Megson, but I also voted with my feet, when Carlos had us going nowhere

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well I have my doubts, probably the consensus of opinion, or he would have had more managerial offers, but of course I can’t say for sure Mid table sideways passing, or effective football and promotion? Hmm, yes a no brainer Having said that, I hated the football under Megson, but I also voted with my feet, when Carlos had us going nowhere

He has had offers. He said so himself but wanted to take something he wanted to as he didn’t need to. The last game I remember of megsons was beating the blades and we played brilliant. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

The main reason fans turned against Carlos was the turgid football his tactics was producing. Yet ironically here we are claiming Megson is the answer because he's one of us & has passion.

Time to move on, look forward & not back, Megson is not the answer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This 

On 12/26/2017 at 15:16, dewsburyowl58 said:

Had his chance got booted out , why will he be any better second time round ?

This time he has Big Dave, Rhodes and Hooper, not some chancer from Carlisle who likes clipping people after a couple of pints of Stella

lol