Your best memory under Carlos

Brighton over the two legs in the playoffs. Underdogs but absolutely smashed them. A vision of what could have been.

Whilst it may not have been the biggest achievement, the 3-0 win over Leeds this season was it for me. Abject pump up to then and finally a completely dominant display of attacking football. Thought we had collectively finally realised how to play like the first season under CC. Shame it ended like this, but it’s the best decision. 

As mentioned on here before I live in Stockport and have married in to a Man United family. When he started at primary school my son George supported both Wednesday and Man United, but by taking him to Wednesday matches (and I think him also wanting to be different to the majority of United and City supporters at school) he chose to support Wednesday and ditch the Mancs. However, as he has grown older and become more aware of football, not least through playing at a half decent level himself for the past 6 years, there was always a risk that he'd see 'the error of his ways' and reverse his decision. The 2012 promotion season helped reaffirm his decision as he had decent results to go in to school and crow about to all his Manc mates. Going to City twice to see us dumped out of both cups didn't help too much and he got a fair bit of stick after the 7-0 but he stuck with it. 

BUT...our time under Carlos, especially the first season, has really confirmed his allegiance and he's now without doubt 'Wednesday til I die' . We beat Arsenal 3-0, it seemed like we scored the goal of the day EVERY Saturday evening on Sky Sports, he was in awe of the atmosphere the Brighton at home play off leg, he was devasted at Wembley ...but we got to Wembley to see the Blue and White Wizards play and he was convinced we were going to win that game down to the performance of our fans alone. He now has football heroes like Westwood, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper, he even understands why Nuhiu has cult status now. 

For all of the above I'll always be grateful to Carlos. He's a thoroughly decent bloke and I wish him all the best wherever he goes next ...and I will always give him a warm welcome if he ever pays a visit back to Hillsborough. 

Merry Christmas and WAWAW.  

20 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

The Arsenal match was amazing but to be honest, many of the home games in that first season were great experiences; regularly I'd find myself laughing in amazement at just how great some of the passing interplay between players, off the ball movement, and general high tempo the team was playing in that first season. It was a joy to behold, and was regularly so, not just flashes here and there.

Totally agree the home games first season after Xmas were simply a pleasure every week. We murdered teams in midfield with quick forward passing and movement... How things change eh