Your best memory under Carlos

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

That game was the highlight of last season- we were superb. Love watching the fat Spanish waiter looking on in wonderment. 

Yep. 

We were awesome that night. 

The return against the Toon at Hillsborough was also a superb display. Great atmosphere.  

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

Brighton away in the semi for me.

Had such an awesome day out with the family and topped it off by getting the result at the end. The celebrations afterwards will stay with me forever. 

Thanks for the memories Carlos

I had no nails left watching that

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

They were phenomenal. We were partying in the concourse after the game for about an hour. I was convinced we would win the final. 

Losing never entered my mind. It had been 20 years since I was that confident about a Wednesday side. 

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A thread of positivity. What has been your favourite moment under Carlos? 

For me has to be the Arsenal 3-0. That night blew me away.

Thanks for starting this. Nice to see some memories of happier times from his time here. I think the frustrating thing is he probably stayed too long and his reputation will be slightly tarnished because of it which is a shame.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I thought we needed evolution over the summer in order to compete at the very top of the league; it turns out we needed a revolution.

Wasn't it Fergie that used to say you need to change things around every two years to keep things fresh and maintain momentum; its far too easy to sit back and think it's all sorted. You need to make sure those changes are progressive as well though, which is the real challenge.

... And, these kind of memories about Carlos will be even more immediate to Chansiri as he'll have been a lot closer to him and seen stuff that we haven't. It must have been a tough decision for both to end their working relationship. Hopefully our owner will have learnt from this and it will be the making of him from a football perspective.

All of it, frankly. This season has been painful but in three short terms he reignited a passion in me that, if I'm honest with myself, had become a bit of a 'sleeping giant' itself for much of the previous decade. Saw the same thing happening all around me, too, to fans of all ages, 8 to 80. You can't hire someone to do that, it just happens by magic once in a generation.

Thank you Carlos, and all the best. You'll always be a Wednesday lad.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Guest Bulgaria
19 minutes ago, markowl said:

Bloody hell you'll tug to anything.

lol

You have no idea mate!!   When you have lived in a bulgarian village for 14 years, most things become attractive. Thats nothing against Carlos however, as he is rather dashing.

Edited by Bulgaria

55 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

That first season has so many high points with Arsenal, Brighton and Wembley result aside. Being 20 and growing up watching awful football that’s the best season I’ve ever had following the owls in terms of entertainment on the pitch. Feel slightly deflated today seeing a genuinely nice guy who did his best leaving the club but it is the correct decision. All the best to Carlos can’t see him having difficulty getting a new job at all. 

Great comment Jack.

This was my best memory under Carlos.

Never have I been so proud of my football team.

We'd gone to hell and back during that game, but we stuck together and to a man, pulled through a huge test.

I was convinced that we'd get promoted after that display. The dominance and swagger we showed in the first leg was matched by a doggedness and determination in the second leg.

Unfortunately, as we look back at it, that was our watershed. That was as good as it got.

But I always hold an affectation for Carlos for allowing us to experience nights like that. Let's be honest, we've had some hugely memorable games under his stewardship.

swfc brighton celebration.jpg

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

This was my best memory under Carlos.

Never have I been so proud of my football team.

We'd gone to hell and back during that game, but we stuck together and to a man, pulled through a huge test.

I was convinced that we'd get promoted after that display. The dominance and swagger we showed in the first leg was matched by a doggedness and determination in the second leg.

Unfortunately, as we look back at it, that was our watershed. That was as good as it got.

But I always hold an affectation for Carlos for allowing us to experience nights like that. Let's be honest, we've had some hugely memorable games under his stewardship.

swfc brighton celebration.jpg

Great photo that. We really should have pushed on after Wembley, huge opportunity missed and why I refuse to let the fans be blamed for the incompetence of the management. 

3 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Apart from the defeat, this day is something I’ll never forget. He deserves credit for even getting us there in the first place. Something we could have only dreamed of a few seasons back. 

C5F9C0C9-9874-4041-BB0A-4A75619B3BB4.jpeg

Has to be this for me too, only because I missed the Arsenal and Brighton games due to work. 

Brentford Away in his first season. Think it was late September and after Joao’s late winner, for me it was the first time I thought wow we are actually decent and good to watch. 

Great day out, great atmosphere and great result. 

Its shame his tenure ended how it did, however that first season under Carlos was awesome.