Your best memory under Carlos

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

This photo kills me.

Yep. I wanted him gone since Huddersfield but that photo carries some real emotion; it completely captures where we were all at - so close and yet so far. It's amazing how a still image can be infinitely more powerful than words or video.

So many great images, moments, passages of play, results, comments, accolades, recognition and atmospheres in such a short time.

For those things that I was also able to enjoy with my kids, I am very grateful to Carlos who was the right man at the right time.

His only real mistake was to change his philosophy and go against his instinct that brought us those things.

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

Yep. I wanted him gone since Huddersfield but that photo carries some real emotion; it completely captures where we were all at - so close and yet so far. It's amazing how a still image can be infinitely more powerful than words or video.

That game for me was when it turned. We just simply never got going. And the season after the magic was gone. 

Pishing allover Arse is the memory Il take from CCs time here.......Ive always loathed playing them,right back to my younger days when they stuffed 0-5 and Radford got a hatrick at S6,and so many other occasions weve tussled with them and come away potless,so for me that was a magic night cheers CC

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You mean money played a huge part in it 

I’m just not buying this Carlos influence. That’s evident looking at the squad this past year 

That's your opinion.

That first season he got the team playing high tempo, attacking football. We also played with passion and personality, IMO this was more to do with the coach than a chequebook.

While it's become self evident that he'd run out of ideas, I personally would like to remember the positive impact he had initially rather than the timid, negative tactics of the last 6 months.

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Pishing allover Arse is the memory Il take from CCs time here.......Ive always loathed playing them,right back to my younger days when they stuffed 0-5 and Radford got a hatrick at S6,and so many other occasions weve tussled with them and come away potless,so for me that was a magic night cheers CC

I was purring when Wenger was interviewed after and conceded that his side were out of their depth against a side of the quality of Sheffield Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Brighton away in the semi for me.

Had such an awesome day out with the family and topped it off by getting the result at the end. The celebrations afterwards will stay with me forever. 

Thanks for the memories Carlos

They were phenomenal. We were partying in the concourse after the game for about an hour. I was convinced we would win the final. 

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Love the raised eyebrows and the "go on, son" nod to his player. F*ckin' great stuff.

What the hell happened?!?!? :sad:

In hindsight, two failed playoff campaigns probably took its toll on our players and staff more than some of us realised at the time.

I thought we needed evolution over the summer in order to compete at the very top of the league; it turns out we needed a revolution.