Next manager odds

Guest Bulgaria

My pick would be Pullis.

In reality, i have no idea who will be coming in, my guess is another foreign chap.

We have some big egos in that dressing room, so i think a young lower division manager would be looked down on by a few especially if he got off to a poor start. I dont think they would have the balls to snigger at Pullis as he has been there and done it. Not saying he is ideal, but i think we need that kind of character for the short term.

Will he come....  who knows.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Ironman said:

I'd take Monk from that list, unfairly dismissed yesterday in my opinion. Good young, British etc. was great at Swansea and Leeds.

Nothing against the bloke, but if he were appointed tomorrow i think i could hear the collective meh from the fans here in Bulgaria. We dont need a meh manager, the club right now needs a "geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt at em", and i dont think Monk is like that.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

Think Craig Shakespeare could do a top job.

why?  Whats his attributes that interest you?

He would be a total Meh appointment. Might be a good coach, but seriously?

Why are people considering Giggs? He's no real experience of managing a club he's virtually mute, never gives interviews and when he does says nothing of note. Only thing on his CV is that he worked under Ferguson but Sammy Lee worked under Paisley. I rest my case lol

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We don’t have to choose a manager from this list you know. It’s not compulsory lol

Just for the crack.... what 5 managers do you think are on DCs list?

I go. 

1, trendy foreigner

2, trendy foreigner

3, call doyan

4, Monk

5, Carlos.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Fonseca or Bilic for me personally would be brilliant.

More likely to be one of Monk, Karanka or Clement though would be my guess.

Not sure about Bilic. Moyes was quoted on the radio the other day as saying he couldn't believe how unfit the players were when he took over at West Ham.

3 hours ago, Havin-a-hoot said:

I'm currently in Sweden with the inlaws and everyone thinks we should pay whatever it takes to get this guy. I've not actually watched his team play but from hearin about him sounds a class act. 

Wow, just wow.

How have I never heard of this guy?

Talk about an impressive cv. 

4 hours ago, Dingle. said:

Chris Wilder 

I know this is a joke, but seriously if we appoint a pig then the Chairman and all his staff will end up in the Don.  Ticket prices and Ipswich kits are bad enough - this would really be the last straw.  To answer the OP I was hoping Jokanovic would be on the list. There are only few managers who can escape this league playing great football and he’s shown he can do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Just for the crack.... what 5 managers do you think are on DCs list?

I go. 

1, trendy foreigner

2, trendy foreigner

3, call doyan

4, Monk

5, Carlos.

Got a feeling the shortlist will be something like Jokanovic; Fonseca, Karanka, Monk, Clement, Pearson and Smith?

My guess is it will be Jokanovic, it would make sense. He's already managed a few of our players; got Watford promoted, played exciting football last season and he's worked in Thailand before.

Got a strong feeling he'll at least be on Chansiri's radar.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Got a feeling the shortlist will be something like Jokanovic; Fonseca, Karanka, Monk, Clement, Pearson and Smith?

My guess is it will be Jokanovic, it would make sense. He's already managed a few of our players; got Watford promoted, played exciting football last season and he's worked in Thailand before.

Got a strong feeling he'll at least be on Chansiri's radar.

not a bad shout that

2 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Fonseca at 6/1. Somebody's just a lumped a fiver on it.

It were a guy on facebook, forgot his name but he put £20 on it earlier today :ghoulguy:

Told him after it that the smart money would be on Jokanovic, so he's probably rushing back down to the bookies as I type this comment. :ph34r:lol