Would DC Let This Happen In Any Of His Other Business`s ?

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

going over stuff S36  but yes if you look at old pic 'TUF' logo was on the backboard at the changeover which was seemingly quickly dumped I assume when it became aware that the 2 sons of the major shareholders both owned a club  ie Reading and SWFC

The TUF logo was dumped after a spokesperson for the Thai Union Group publicly stated that the purchase of the two football clubs had no connection to TUG or any of its subsidiaries. A confirmation which was later backed by a circular sent out to company shareholders.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

The TUF logo was dumped after a spokesperson for the Thai Union Group publicly stated that the purchase of the two football clubs had no connection to TUG or any of its subsidiaries. A confirmation which was later backed by a circular sent out to company shareholders.

which it would have to do to enable ratification surely

Whilst it's inappropriate now for TU to be associated publicly  However nothing to stop The Chansiri  family backing him whether they have I don't know I sincerely hope someone has his back 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

which it would have to do to enable ratification surely

Whilst it's inappropriate now for TU to be associated publicly  However nothing to stop The Chansiri  family backing him whether they have I don't know I sincerely hope someone has his back 

The Chansiri's can do whatever they like with money that is part of their own personal fortune or, indeed, other companies owned by them All they cannot do is use TUG funding without the prior approval of the board and the general shareholders.

On the showing at S6 particularly in the commercial, retail, operational, employee relations, staff retention and also on the playing front I see little to suggest there could be anything else successful

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

Isn't his success all his Dad's doing hasn't he inherited it.

I don't think that the largest proportion of the capital invested by Dejphon Chansiri is even his own personal funding. I think the majority of it has been raised by hedge funding.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Just been looking back at some of the news stories when the takeover from Milan was announced ,and they all say " Thai Consortium" , which does actually make you wonder if DC is just the front man for a wider group. 

And a minted one at that, we have friends in high places.

Tibetans probably

Someone should ask Old Milan, he will know how successful a businessman Mr C is, he will have had due diligence sought on him after all, won't he, I mean it's not like he will have just sold us to any old body with a few quid is it ? he would would have only sold to someone who could take us forward and would have us in good safe hands like that lovely Mr Mammadov

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

Someone should ask Old Milan, he will know how successful a businessman Mr C is, he will have had due diligence sought on him after all, won't he, I mean it's not like he will have just sold us to any old body with a few quid is it ? he would would have only sold to someone who could take us forward and would have us in good safe hands like that lovely Mr Mammadov

Ha the criteria was has tha got the readies ?   

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Ha the criteria was has tha got the readies ?   

Well it seemed he did have the "readies" at first according to the club :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27784853

Former Portsmouth and Leicester owner Mandaric, who took over in December 2010, had been openly looking for someone to buy him out for some time, but always insisted he would only sell to someone who could invest in the team.

He said: "I am delighted to have concluded a deal with Hafiz, he is a true football man and I have no doubt whatsoever that I am handing over control to someone with a real passion for the game and the ability to carry on the work I started three years ago to return Sheffield Wednesday back to the top division of English football.

"It's something that the wonderful supporters of this club deserve having remained so loyal throughout the difficult times prior to my arrival."

The deal is subject to ratification from the Football League.

Edited by steveger

I dont think he means Dc's businesses, I think he means anyone in general. I myself work in retail and have have targets to aim for. If I continue to not hit targets I would have to consider changing things to help improve and adapt under different circumstances. If I continue to underperform and do worse month after month I would most certainly lose my job, especially if I am not looking at ways to improve. 

Carlos wont resign because he is underperforming and taking a nice wage. Who would quit under his circumstances? there no pressure on him wanting to change things, hence why you see the same boring tactics with the same players, he wont try youth players ect.... You would see abdi with jones or butterfield to balance things out but hes not under pressure to try new things. 

54 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I don't think that the largest proportion of the capital invested by Dejphon Chansiri is even his own personal funding. I think the majority of it has been raised by hedge funding.

Always thought the same. The two known links are Doyen Sports Invesments and Empire Asia but could be wide of the mark

30 minutes ago, steveger said:

Well it seemed he did have the "readies" at first according to the club :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27784853

Former Portsmouth and Leicester owner Mandaric, who took over in December 2010, had been openly looking for someone to buy him out for some time, but always insisted he would only sell to someone who could invest in the team.

He said: "I am delighted to have concluded a deal with Hafiz, he is a true football man and I have no doubt whatsoever that I am handing over control to someone with a real passion for the game and the ability to carry on the work I started three years ago to return Sheffield Wednesday back to the top division of English football.

"It's something that the wonderful supporters of this club deserve having remained so loyal throughout the difficult times prior to my arrival."

The deal is subject to ratification from the Football League.

Interesting story about Milan’s search for a buyer and the type of people he was prepared to sell to. Have a look at the prologue to The Deal by Jon Smith - free preview on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deal-Inside-World-Super-Agent/dp/1472123026