Nuhui the first player on the team sheet

Guest TheNecessaryEvilOwl

No, we've been here before he's shown enough to earn a place on the bench week in week out. He can be a great sub when your winning away and need to hold the ball up or win defensive headers and hes a great sub at home when our plan A of passing the ball infront of the opposition hasnt got us anywhere but hes not a starter in a team looking for promotion he just wont get you the required goals. He's a better impact sub than fletcher and rhodes though and long term hes probably happier and cheaper to be sat on the bench.

The striking problem is entirely caused by our terrible recruitment. Hooper and rhodes are on paper our best two strikers but show little link up together and are both so painfully slow with little closing down that they give the team nothing when we are under pressure or not playing well. This team lost its identity with the poor signings of fletcher and rhodes both cost us a fortune and have done nothing. A front two of any from hooper, forestieri, nuhiu, joao and winnall is good enough at this level the money should have been spent on other areas. Its laughable the money weve spent on forwards but have fox at left back and wallace at right wing most weeks.

1 hour ago, mike312 said:

Playing Rhodes is like playing with 10 men for the most part.....until he pops up with a goal. Atdhe adds another dimension to the team but doesn't score enough. It's a tough one.

Can't someone do some science and morph them together, then we'll have a slow average sized striker, half decent in the air who scores every now and again but tries. A bit like Fletcher!:ph34r:

4 hours ago, TheNecessaryEvilOwl said:

Nuhui should start every week and can get the best out of Rhodes

What do you reckon?

While I think it would be interesting to see us come out more attacking with Nuhiu up front as a hold-up player, or expertly flick on headers to Hooper or another striker getting into position, I also thought that Rhodes looked in better shape versus Wolves. He's lost a few pounds, his step seems a little lighter and he might be getting in form now, then I don't want to risk a lapse by sidelining him again.

So I'd much rather see us start with all 3 of them; Hooper, Rhodes AND Nuhiu on the sheet. Could we not play the fluid 3-4-3 that Wolves field?

Wildsmith / Westwood

Palmer Loovens Van Aken

Matias Butterfield Abdi/Jones Reach

Hooper       Nuhiu

Rhodes

Edited by N0rtherner

4 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

He's not a starter.  He had a great game against Hull but was back to form against Wolves.  No final ball/finish.  He causes more problems for a defence that hooper/Rhodes do tho.  Impact sub for me.

He would've scored the one where João needlessly fouled his man straight in front of him... of course, would've / could've / should've doesn't count.