Interesting comments.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

No where near our worst manager. Carlos appears to have lost his way, it happens.  Maybe it is time to go and let someone else try to move us forward. That doesn't make him our worst manager.

I understand you want him to leave, so do I but there's no need to resort to hyperbole.

37 million wasted so far on a squad barely improved in 3 years.

37 million wasted so far on an ageing squad that will cost additional millions for years in wages, and take seasons to rebuild.

37 million wasted so far to produce 5 shots a month, and some of the worst football I've seen at S6 in 40 years.

The whole medical staff sacked at Carlos's request, and injuries worse than ever.

37 million wasted so far and it's everybody's fault except Carlos's.

No hyperbole from me. The worst Manager in our history by a significant margin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stoop said:

CC regularly rushed players back last season even when advised by the medical staff that they weren’t ready

Source? An ex Wednesday academy coach

Would that per chance be an ex academy coach who's own playing career was plagued with injuries and who ,as rumours abounded at the time was also rushed back too soon by his own manager. ..?

Guest We Shall Overcome
19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If you think that the problem is purely Carlos, then you are naive. 

The problem is to do with the whole set up, nor just the first team coach.

You are right in that respect but we need to start with him first.

Edited by We Shall Overcome

Bloke in front of us at the match last night was saying that the pitches up at the training ground are a contributing factor. Chris Turner has said about it - though not sure if that was in an historical context.

The fact a few have done injuries in training adds fire to that. Also FF seems much happier doing his rehabilitation elsewhere

7 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I think he should move on, but worst manager in our history? This has got to be a joke. 

Were you not around for Yorath, Turner, Irvine, Wilson et al?

I was. None of them spunked 37 million up the wall. All of them managed more than 5 shots a month. None of them sacked the medical staff and managed injuries as badly. None of them masterminded turdball. None of them refused to accept any accountability for anything ala Carlos.

Worst manager in our history. It's taken 2 years for some people to accept he has to go. It will take a bit longer, but you will understand truly how bad he is eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It happens all the time in football.

I know someone (extremely well) who used to work as a physio and then Head of Medical Services for a couple of clubs at this level. Some of the things he tells me that (various) managers used to ask him to do re bringing players back, sound nothing short of stupid, selfish and negligent.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carlos was asking unreasonable things of his medical team and players, he certainly wouldn't be on his own. 

But if he is doing this and then cursing his luck and blaming the professionals he's asked to neglect their duty of care, then he's a manipulator, a coward and a bully.

8 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It would be a fair guess that Forestieri's injury was known months ago but Carlos insisted on him playing anyway. That may explain why the club were so keen to get the physios out of the door (they knew the truth).

It goes on in every club at pro level... doesn't make it right..but it's not unique to us...

FFS.

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

More and more stories coming out of the club lately that really does make grim reading

This week I heard from a friend of a first team  player, that the dressing room is split 50/50 with Carlos

What 50% hate him and 49% really hate him

Bannan voted for him though

3 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It happens all the time in football.

I know someone (extremely well) who used to work as a physio and then Head of Medical Services for a couple of clubs at this level. Some of the things he tells me that (various) managers used to ask him to do re bringing players back, sound nothing short of stupid, selfish and negligent.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carlos was asking unreasonable things of his medical team and players, he certainly wouldn't be on his own. 

But if he is doing this and then cursing his luck and blaming the professionals he's asked to neglect their duty of care, then he's a manipulator, a coward and a bully.

And I would add Fraud to that

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I was. None of them spunked 37 million up the wall. All of them managed more than 5 shots a month. None of them sacked the medical staff and managed injuries as badly. None of them masterminded turdball. None of them refused to accept any accountability for anything ala Carlos.

Worst manager in our history. It's taken 2 years for some people to accept he has to go. It will take a bit longer, but you will understand truly how bad he is eventually.

Turdball replaces youthquake as the word of the year

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

What 50% hate him and 49% really hate him

Bannan voted for him though

Bannan likes him

I think it’s fairly obvious which players are disillusioned with him. Players that when he is finally moved on can really show us what they are capable of

Edited by Stoop