Butterfield 5.  Good first 20 then faded

Reach 6. Got up and down but final ball and shot lacked quality

Wallace 3. Completely shot

Hooper 5. Losing form 

Rhodes 5. Battled but lack of pace means easy to defend against

subs

Joao 5. 

Dave 5

Agree with much of that though I think Jones did offer more, trouble is he is so slow and so one footed. Too many of our players are far too reliant on one foot. It's ok being predominantly one-footed if you are Messi - none of them are. It takes them so long to get into a position where they can pass with their preferred foot that any momentum is lost and sometimes they don't even bother looking in the other direction if they are turned onto their preferred side, missing decent options as a result.

While Palmer never stopped trying, certainly 2nd half, his delivery was very poor too often.

However Wallace did absolutely nothing to help him. I know he went narrow as we changed formation after the 2 subs but you tell me where he was playing 1st half.

Loovens was better than Van Aken for me - still one or 2 errors from the youngster that were lucky not to be punished but they did nullify a good attacking team.

Fox was abysmal at times in both directions and was lucky not to get sent off before he did. I was shocked that he wasn't subbed after he got booked.

We probably didn't deserve to lose as they had as little on goal as we did but we didn't make enough chances as the home side and they produced a fine finish - we would be delighted with an away performance like that - score 1st half and don't concede a decent effort on target.

A good effort. Seriously. With the exception of Joao (who looked like he really couldn't be arsed) and Fox (who seemed to give up for me), the lads out there deserve a fair bit more credit than they're getting imo.

A patched up side and they gave their all, against a good team. Although Wolves didn't exactly play well, they were solid and they're up there for a reason. 

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hutch and Forestieri all out. Genuinely 7 of our best players. That hurts ANY team massively. 

Performance wise tonight, Wallace had a bit of a mare (again), as did Fox, and Rhodes offered nothing. But the rest did ok I thought. 

Probably Loovens or Jones MOM

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

10 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

A good effort. Seriously. With the exception of Joao (who looked like he really couldn't be arsed) and Fox (who seemed to give up for me), the lads out there deserve a fair bit more credit than they're getting imo.

A patched up side and they gave their all, against a good team. Although Wolves didn't exactly play well, they were solid and they're up there for a reason. 

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hutch and Forestieri all out. Genuinely 7 of our best players. That hurts ANY team massively. 

Performance wise tonight, Wallace had a bit of a mare (again), as did Fox, and Rhodes offered nothing. But the rest did ok I thought. 

Don't think Hooper did a great deal either but agree about Fox, should have been subbed as soon as he got booked. Joao is simply not a roll-your-sleeves-up type of player. One minute he will do something good like when he got in down the side of the box and put a decent low cross in, the next minute he will surrender possession all too easily.

It's not about tonight in isolation though. 1 game off halfway through the season and we've got 27 points - teams have been relegated with 54 - it's just not good enough.

Wildsmith- 6- nothing to do. Could he have done better with the goal? Dunno. Too slow to get rid of ball sometimes.

Palmer -6 gets a 6 for effort. He worked hard but he isn't good enough. If he's the best our youth set up can produce. It's very worrying. Played too many floaty balls that offered no thread and constantly tried to take on the full back that was much faster than him. 

Van aken - 6 - did well against a tough side. Although made one huge mistake and his dad had to bail him out.

Loovens- 7- never troubled really. Steady away against a very good attacking team.  

Fox - 3 - stupid red card. But worked hard. His delivery is terrible though. We can do so much better. Another week signing. 

Wallace - 1- worst ever game for us. Everything he did was either poor or lazy or both. How He managed 90 minutes I'll never know. Woeful performance. But has been terrible all season. Over the hill. Needs moving on to a league 1 side. 

Jones- 6- joe average as per. Ticked along but hardly ran the midfield. 

Butterfield-5- another medicore performance. Where's these long shot drives we were promised? An eye for a goal. Pah. Couple of nice corners.

Reach- 5- worked hard as per. But usual issues. He's not fast. He can't pass. He can't shoot. He can't cross. He can't take a man on. He's super fit other than that he's very poor for 5 million pounds. 

Rhodes - 3- offered less than nothing. Turned out to be a shocking signing. Has had plenty of game time now to prove himself and hasn't. 

Slow, weak and lazy.

Over the hill? Probably. Huge mistake.

Hooper 5- tried his best but came too deep too often. His ability is head and shoulders above his team mates. Deserves to play in a better side. 

Subs 

Joao - 1 - did nothing except lose the ball. His decision making is shambolic. 

Nuhiu- 6 - lacks quality but has bags of fight. Again did more in 20 mins than Rhodes did all game. Probably should start against Boro ( are things really that bad) 

Carlos - 2 - another tactical horror show. Whilst I accept he has plenty missing. He also has a huge squad that cost millions. Reach and Wallace playing CM? Whilst abdi sits on bench earning 30k a week? Joao on the wing whilst mattias sits on bench earning 20k a week? 

Shambles. How He still has a job is beyond me. 

We will be 13 points adrift next week. 

We're done this season. Time to move Carlos on. Take our time getting a new guy in. Try to get rid of some of the failed signings and change the squad. 

Then spend the rest of the season gellingthem for next season. 

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Performance wise tonight, Wallace had a bit of a mare (again) and Rhodes offered nothing. But the rest did ok I thought. 

Deluded. 

We have a huge huge squad that cost millions. 4 of those players have been out long term... that was shocking tonight. We just gave up. 

Wolves weren't poor they never needed to come out of 2nd gear we were so pedestrian. 

Another terrible and lazy  performance

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think Hooper did a great deal either but agree about Fox, should have been subbed as soon as he got booked. Joao is simply not a roll-your-sleeves-up type of player. One minute he will do something good like when he got in down the side of the box and put a decent low cross in, the next minute he will surrender possession all too easily.

It's not about tonight in isolation though. 1 game off halfway through the season and we've got 27 points - teams have been relegated with 54 - it's just not good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Carlos should go, I still think we're in a mess and I agree completely, the season as a whole is nowhere near good enough.

Just feel a lot of the criticism I've heard tonight towards the players, bearing in mind the patched up team and the opposition, is unwarranted. 

All they can do is give their all, and that's what they did. Well, most of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Deluded. 

We have a huge huge squad that cost millions. 4 of those players have been out long term... that was shocking tonight. We just gave up. 

Wolves weren't poor they never needed to come out of 2nd gear we were so pedestrian. 

Another terrible and lazy  performance

Deluded? Yet you've rated the team very similar to how I saw it.

lol

And why the roger does it matter that some injuries are long term. Take 6 or 7 of ANY team's best players out, and you'll see them struggle. 

Wildsmith. 7. Alright

Palmer. 6. Crossing and tracking back is suspect but try's.

Fox. 6 Started alright. Ran out of steam. Had no cover in front of him.

Loovens 6 . Seemed that when he got the ball, Wolves pressed. That was like a trigger for them. Other teams same? Did move forwards occasionally.

Van Aken 6 Did Ok. Accident waiting to happen. What was that missed header in front of the South stand?? 

Jones 7. Did OK tonight. Clearly ex team effect. Only uses his right foot for standing on.

Butterfield 5 Thinks he's a big rugged centre forward. Plays with his back to goal, in our half?? Passes back 98% of the time. Must be why Carlos likes him.

Reach 6. Bottles 80/20 tackles in his favour. Carlos likes him because he starts to play on 80 minutes like the rest of the team

Wallace 4 I bet even he doesn't know why he still gets a game.

Hooper 6 Class player but why is he tracking the attacking midfielder and trying to pick the ball up from our centre halves in our half of the pitch.

Rhodes 5. No pace. No fight. Smallest centre halves all season and he was just nullified. Does a fantastic thumbs up sign though as he jogs away from another crap pass.

subs

Joao 5. I'm better than him

Dave 5 You know how bad it is when we put all our faith in him for a result. Wants to help but limited 41 games out of 42.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Wildsmith. 7. Kicked well and solid

Palmer. 7. Battled throughout

Fox. 4. Very poor defensively and going forward 

Loovens 8. Great performance

Van Aken 8. Ditto. Was terrific against very good players

Jones 4. Offers absolutely nothing

Hooper 5. Losing form 

subs

Joao 5. 

Dave 5

Can’t argue 

Wildsmith 6 not much to do simply doesn't have Westwoods presence yet

palmer 7 good game no support at all 

fox 4 poor seems to lack confidence and drive

loovens 7 decent game still to slow in possession 

van aken 7 improving with games like to see him play with Fred one niggle and it's not his fault his best asset long passes aren't being used as he has no one to aim for 

butterfield 5 no positivity 

jones 8 Mom for me actually looked forward used ball well 

reach 6 played well second half anonymous first

wallace 3 waste of a shirt 

hooper 5 hardly involved playing too deep 

rhodes 5 too weak too slow if he doesn't score he offers nothing and he won't score enough in our present state 

nuihu 6 lifted the crowd always gives is all

jaoa 5 should have scored made one good run but so careless at times what has happened to the potential world beater he looked when he first came 

overall we tried and looked as good as wolves but we have no spark the playoffs have all but gone so on the assumption Carlos will go if we don't go up surely it would be better to give a new manager the rest of the season to prepare and assess for next season 

Agree with OP

Actually thought we shaded first half and probably deserved a point against a good team.

We so painfully lack pace and a midfield beast, exactly what we said 18 months ago 

At least the players put up a fight tonight but it’s season over before xmas 

Presuming we can avoid a dog fight

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Wildsmith. 7. Kicked well and solid

Palmer. 7. Battled throughout

Fox. 4. Very poor defensively and going forward 

Loovens 8. Great performance

Van Aken 8. Ditto. Was terrific against very good players

Jones 4. Offers absolutely nothing

Hooper 5. Losing form 

subs

Joao 5. 

Dave 5

thought Jones had one of his better games 7/10

hooper did well 7/10

Rhodes dire 4/10

Thought Jones had solid game,did all you could ask him to,Palmer gave it a go,Loovens rescued the clueless VA when it mattered,Reach tried to run both wings before switching to sort out the centre.

Jones gets a 7,mostly a 6 for the others apart from wallace,fox and van der plank who can collectively share a 6

• Like 1