Guest The Horse

It was VIP night for all last night.

Got parked up easy and got away with hardly any traffic.

No queue at the bar. Loads of staff to see my singular order.

Nobody sat either side of me so I could stretch out.

Best of all was that there was plenty of space in the bogs and wasn't subject to breathing in someone else's pisss fog on such a cold night.

Can't understand why teams include Season Ticket holders who don't attend as part of the crowd. Been to every home game and get a little bemused when there's about 18/19000 in the ground and the official attendance is given as 25/26000. Same at Blunt Lane last Friday, crowd given as nearly 26000 when according to a Blunt "mate" of mine the actual attendance was just over 22000. Then watched Reading on TV. Crowd given as 16500 but looked nothing like 10000. And as for Sunderland's "official" attendances, forget it.

Also pathetic turnout for Wolves, didn't look even a thousand fans.

Watched highlights this morning and Chansiri seemed to find something funny about the game, at least Carlos's face showed passion for the club.

Blunts lose a couple of players and call it an injury crisis, we loose more than half a team so I wonder what that would be called.

5 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

The pricing policy has ensured few pay on the gate all season, with the exception of the Sheffield derby which we didn't sell-out.

Yes I agree, but none?...or hardly any. That must be a major worry. When doing well pog are not a problem, when things go apeshitski then he/his financial wizards will now know season ticket sales next season will be well down, maybe as much as 50%, then he will need to adjust to a realistic pricing structure. I thinks his big gamble has all but exploded. It could have been so different, we could have been contenders. Nearly all could see what was coming...except the ones that matter, the chairman, his vvank advisors and CC.

The concern now is a relegation battle, CC was intent on not losing, boring every foooker to death, but it didn't so much matter several games ago, (apart from frustration from the fans) It will soon become very urgent we win, can he do that? I doubt it.

I still think we have a decent bunch of players whom are responsible for keeping us out of the baba thus far. If we had an average bunch of players with CC as manager we would be rock bottom of the league already. Pound for Pound CC is the worst manager we have had in 40yrs. AIMHO of course.

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Hopefully a wake up call for Dejphon Chansiri.

I know people say “he’s not bothered if ST holders turn up or not, he’s already got their money” but I don’t buy that argument.

If I were him and ST holders weren’t showing up to matches I’d be wondering how likely are these people to renew if they aren’t showing up now and they’ve already paid.

Personally I think our season ticket sales for next season will be shaped very much by the actions of our chairman over the next month.

If he is a businessman he will no doubt see that his income is dwindling and can't allow that to continue indefinitely.

If I want to attend a game I'll be damned if I'm going to pay premium prices on the gate for sub-par football - if two of us go it's the thick end of £100 by the time travel and refreshments are factored in.

Saddens me to say it, but at that price I've got better things to spend my money on.

DC & CC can think again if they expect the casual supporter to stump up that kind of money for very limited entertainment.

Give us value for our £ and we will show our support.

ST holders have my total respect & sympathy, having paid up front.