17 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

wee wee poor following from Wolves tho - thought they were a big club !!

14 minutes ago, Owling said:

Said 3000 on telly.

Don't care what it said on television, there was only about 1100 to 1200 from Wolverhampton.

:wacko:

My 21,000 was a guess. No more than 1,800 Wolves fans IMO. 

I've no problem with anyone not attending matches for any reason. Tonight was a tough one. On TV, playing poorly, Christmas Dos etc. That said, don't come fckimg belly aching when we run out of tickets for big games. 

Like I said before, it's very fckimg easy following a good side.

We are the biggest club in this City, but I've always had the view that a United have got a bigger, hardcore support. No way would we have had the crowds the have had if we'd had to put up with the bobbar they have for the last 5 or 6 years. We've got a legion of fans who like the idea of WAWAW, but don't walk the walk. 

21 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

North is usually packed with ST holders...looked barely 2/3rds full.

I sit in the middle of the North and there were certainly plenty of empty seats around. The South was the sparsest I've seen it for many a year, even in the central sections which is all ST holders there were LOADS of empty seats - even the director's box was nearly empty! 

I'd guess there wasnt more than about 14-15k there tonight in the home stands.

31 minutes ago, alanharper said:

There absolutely wasn't anywhere near that number in the ground, haven't seen so many empty seats for years - but at least we now know for sure that the official attendance includes season ticket holders whether they turn up or not. 

Thought we had about 23000 season ticket holders?

Just now, alanharper said:

I sit in the middle of the North and there were certainly plenty of empty seats around. The South was the sparsest I've seen it for many a year, even in the central sections which is all ST holders there were LOADS of empty seats - even the director's box was nearly empty! 

I'd guess there wasnt more than about 14-15k there tonight in the home stands.

flip me

straw clutching goes to a new level

14k?

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

which ever measure you want to use

over 20,000 Wednesdayites turned up on a cold Friday evening just before xmas, match on TV and loads of works xmas do's on

Well done "fans" 

unlucky protestors 

Why are you making another childish debate. Some people have lost interest under the current regime and have stopped going , some are still happy to turn up . It doesn’t need to be turned into a who’s a better fan and in the right debate. 

I love wednesdsy and always will but right now I can’t be bothered to go to the games . 

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

flip me

straw clutching goes to a new level

14k?

Not sure he is tbh. I sit middle of the South and I can't remember a time when so many seats were empty. The directors box was no more than 20% full. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Were you there and do you have eyes? There were clearly several thousand empty seats tonight which are usually occupied by ST holders. 

I have a season ticket decided not to go as it was on sky, we are shybo, it was bloody cold and I've already paid , is this ok?

47 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wednesday fans there tonight. Well done all. 

It's easy rocking up supporting a team playing well, big crowds, big games. When the chips are down, the real fans turn out. Just hope there arn't 350 threads on here bemoaning the lack of tickets etc the next time we have a big game. 

Mind you, that's encouraging.

It would suggest that the pay-on-the-day fans are staying away.

The only way to influence this chairman is by hitting him in the pocket.