Doesn't deserve Sack after that

Guest RocketOwl

Guest The Horse

That was a relegation side performance.

Yes, for the first time in ages we put tackles in and won some 50-50s but it was all bluster and no quality.

And no goals.

As Sheffield Dave said, this wasn't Man Utd in the cup. We still had quality players out there tonight.

Remember - two quality players for every position in case of injuries.

We played with the spirit and demeanor of a bottom three club.

Plucky losers against the mighty chuffing Wolves. flip me.

New voices needed and fast because these players don't believe in themselves anymore. Confidence is shot.

Couldn't believe people were clapping that at the end. Because we only lost 0-1 to Wolves.

Clapping the club to relegation.

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Many of us were expecting a hammering. Carlos got our tactics right and we deserved a draw. That is without 9 first team players.

Whilst we played some good football it's all to slow and pedestrian. In January we must sign some more powerful and robust players. We need two quick wingers. 

Lets see then. 

I agree, he does not deserve the sack after last night as i thought we were just average, not poor.

However, he should have been sacked IMHO after the Birmingham game where we should have put in a performance after the Utd game and we just didnt.

Oh, and Bolton, Preston, Bolton again, Burton, Norwich, etc etc.

Wolves last night were also IMO just very ordinary, just proving what a golden chance we are missing. Bottom line is.... we have spent loads but we are heading backwards, Carlos has had his chance, its not worked.

Time for someone else to have a go.

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, Geosword said:

That was a relegation side performance.

Yes, for the first time in ages we put tackles in and won some 50-50s but it was all bluster and no quality.

And no goals.

As Sheffield Dave said, this wasn't Man Utd in the cup. We still had quality players out there tonight.

Remember - two quality players for every position in case of injuries.

We played with the spirit and demeanor of a bottom three club.

Plucky losers against the mighty chuffing Wolves. flip me.

New voices needed and fast because these players don't believe in themselves anymore. Confidence is shot.

Couldn't believe people were clapping that at the end. Because we only lost 0-1 to Wolves.

Clapping the club to relegation.

Know what you mean.... at times last night it felt like we were an underdog cup side against a top team ( even though i thought Wolves were very ordinary)  

There were some decent performances last night, none of them coming from the strikers, had Reach connected properly his shot would have been virtually unstoppable. Whether it was a free kick or not, a player on each post would have been handy, stuff holding the line, the officials often get that wrong.

Doesn't deserve sack after that, I agree, however for the performances so far this season, bar Leeds, Fulham, Forest and Villa we've looked like a team of bottom half championship players.

Last night, we matched Wolves and were probably better than them for large spells. How can we be that good and yet play like we did against Norwich 2nd half, or against Hull first half or against (insert most clubs we've played) for a half. 

CC is not getting the best out of his players on anything near a consistent basis. 

For me with an ageing squad, time is running out for SWFC and I can't believe DC isn't worried.

10 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Many of us were expecting a hammering. Carlos got our tactics right and we deserved a draw. That is without 9 first team players.

Whilst we played some good football it's all to slow and pedestrian. In January we must sign some more powerful and robust players. We need two quick wingers. 

Lets see then. 

Rotherham deserved some draws last season. Last night showed we might be up for the relegation battle.

1 hour ago, pressy said:

I didnt boo i just turned and walked away like most but i was stunned to see some   standing and clapping them off 

Apathy all around. Utd fans wouldn't settle for this crap. I watched the game on TV last night (I'm am ST holder) as I ain't going until he's gone and as Carlos took his seat in the South there were blokes there lining up to shake his hand. I do not want to be associated with these kind of idiots - it's embarassing. People in the South should have been queing up to hound him out.

10 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

Wolves had one shot on Target. 

The players we had out tonight couldn't do more. (Excluding Morgan Fox) 

I believe this will change when the players come back and hopefully we finally bring in some pace and strength in midfield. 

The rest of the jigsaw is already there. 

like I said earlier most of the players injured played at Bolton and burton etc they were bottom of table without a goal in 8 games lost 9 in a row yet they could have had 5 against us. and when is this pace and strength in midfield coming? summer 2016 no jan 2017 no summer 2017 no jan 2018? not while carlos is here , summer 2018? the year 2121? all the blame is Carlos's . off the field its hardys fault on the football side its laurels fault. but them 2 made me laugh our 2 are making me angry and upset. 

9 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

This season is nothing short of shambolic. 

The recruitment could not have been poorer if we tried. I'm desperate for Rhodes to be good but let's all face it guys he's not he is shocking.  Weak slow pahetic and we spent all our transfer kitty on him despite us already having quality up top. 

We paid 4-5 million pound for van aken. Are we joking? The guy is less than mediocre. It shouldn't be difficult to get in some decent CB they are 10 a penny. 

Abdi, pudil, Jones, mattias, butterfield, joao, Fletcher, venacio, Rhodes, reach, winnall Combined cost well over 20 million and they have all flopped.

When you see the other players brought in to other teams it just shows how bad it is. 

Bannan, Hooper  and forestieri are our only real success stories. 

Tactics are awful. Hoof it long to Rhodes who is the weakest man alive. Play with 2 wingers (who are both garbage) and play them in middle? Then expect the two fb provide the width when their delivery is awful. 

How Wallace finished that game I'll never know we've got a 4million pound CM sat on the bench. Joao on to play wing when weve mattias on bench. 

Carlos has lost the players and the fans and has to be sacked. 

It's not even Christmas yet and our season is over. It's so weak and especially on our big150th anniversary. 

We still can't buy our god awful away shirt and it's Christmas. 

Club is a shambles. 

Carlos has to go. Look for the right man to come in and try clear some deadwood through Jan. Give the new man the rest of the season to get his team up to speed and look to go again next year. This year has come and gone and all its left behind is a overpriced over paid squad of hasbeens.  

Shambolic 

100% agree, excellent summary of how most of us feel about our transfer policy.

Was trying to think of any players that we have now, that will be with us in 3 years, there's about 6/7 young enough to still be decent in the championship...very worrying, can't see any of the others getting bought either so we're looking at running huge contracts down to retirement.

Does DC honestly think he's doing well and our 150th year is successful?  

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

We made them look ordinary as the commentators pointed out, and gave credit to CCs tactics, but I guess you close your eyes and ears to inconvenient truths.

I do yes.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Lets see then. 

He deserved the sack a long time ago mate