Doesn't deserve Sack after that

Guest RocketOwl

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

Because Carlos is an Irvine wannabe and likes to give the opposition tons of confidence

I bet he shows the players all the best goals from the opposing team before kickoff to get them sh!tting themselves

He's a weak bottling bloke who wants to be a manager but he'll never have what it takes

Thats why we're a failure

It's the reason why were not having many shots on target, everyone hating watching us. We're obsessed with neutralizing the opposition. Then we have to be more attacking second half as we're either loosing or it's 0-0. Players are snatching at chances. 

What the fans want to see is chances being created and at least going for it. You don't want to go home after a game and say that was brilliant we really stopped them playing

• Thanks 1

Guest RocketOwl

People need to relax it will all be ok. Carlos will get it right and we have the best goal scorer this league has ever seen.

Im staying positive from now on.

If we were to take this result in isolation I could agree with the OP.  But while I thought we were competitive and were victims of a shambles of a decision for the free kick that led to the goal, we can’t just take this game in isolation.  He’s shown nothing since the end of last season to suggest he can go that one step further.  I wish he’d just call it a day.

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Just because we weren't terrible tonight doesn't mean he should be given yet more time.  He deserves to be sacked because we're playing dour football, and are 15th in the table 10 points behind the playoffs - and that could get even worse after tomorrow's games. 

It’s ok though. He says we’re going to get promoted and I think that some people actually believe that. Isn’t maths a wonderful thing?

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Standards.

Ours have officially lowered.

Happy to just give it a go tonight, as if we were playing one of the Manchester clubs away in the cup. Happy to just do our best.

For me there's no more damning comment on this season than that. 

It's pathetic. 

The reality is 27 points from 22 games. 15th in the league. This time tomorrow we will likely be closer to the bottom 3 than to the top 6. Losing tonight wasn't really an option and to just pass it off because we put in some sort of spirited underdog performance - or whatever patronising garbage you want to label that with - is absolute horse sh*t.

Pointless platitudes and a big old pat on the head for trying. Shove it. 

You're right - I can't remember playing Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley over the last two years thinking, we're gonna get hammered so owts a bonus.

It's sad how people's minds have been affected and expectations diluted by the poor excuse for football this season.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

do feel a bit for Carlos. 

that team he had to pick from was dreadful. but didn't help himself with some of his choices out there.

Dreadful?  I suggest you pour yourself a large drink and sit down and compare it with the squad that Stuart Gray had to work with. 

Problem is chairman said target this year is automatic promotion, so therefore more people will have bought season tickets etc. You've set your target, in any other job if you don't hit your targets you would be sacked. 

Now we're talking we might be able to scrape playoffs but nobody can see it. If chairman doesn't sack him then no point in setting targets

I actually thought there was a more positive mentality from the players and if they can keep that up in subsequent games the crowd will respond. Too many in the stands were ready to main at the slightest thing and it really can't help. 

8 minutes ago, SheffWedsince86 said:

It's the reason why were not having many shots on target, everyone hating watching us. We're obsessed with neutralizing the opposition. Then we have to be more attacking second half as we're either loosing or it's 0-0. Players are snatching at chances. 

What the fans want to see is chances being created and at least going for it. You don't want to go home after a game and say that was brilliant we really stopped them playing

Snatching at what chances?

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Agree 100%. That Fox should gave come off although he would never ever get on in any team I picked - you can understand why almost to a man Charltins fans laughed at us for signing him he is completely out of his depth in this league in the last 30 minutes he was alone with the ball and punting it into the box because his kegs had gone disgusting situation.

As for Rhodes he was rubbish and rightly subbed. Why didn't we sub Fox and drop Reach back and try Abdi as we were losing Reach could still have p,Ayer as a wing back poor by Carlos imo.

You could see Fox had gone, it was that obvious he needed taking off. I would have never started Rhodes as the one up front as he aint good enough to play that role (that's not his game). I thought we played quite well first half and a lot of the balls played up to Rhodes or slid down the side of the centre backs would have been perfect for Joao. Don't know whether it came across on tv but Rhodes was in a good position to win the slide rule balls but due to his lack of pace came out second best.

Its the same response when we lose the last game of the season and end up going down.

Too good to be relegated...there's no such thing.

Too good to get sacked on tonight's showing...its been coming for 12 month.

Besides, CC and DC have repeated recently that when they first plotted a path for success they wanted two decent players  vying  for each position...that hasn't gone well either...

6 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Don't forget the instant success they crave, outers have the attention span of a goldfish, Don't remind them of the truth, they prefer there revisionist history.

What are your thoughts on the game, or the opening post?

Edited by Big Malc

6 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Don't forget the instant success they crave, outers have the attention span of a goldfish, Don't remind them of the truth, they prefer there revisionist history.

Better than suffering persistent under achievement which you must I presume be happy with.  Don’t see what goldfish have to do with it. Anybody’s attention span would be challenged by what we are being forced to watch. What is your “truth”? You make less sense than a Carlos post match summary, you really do. 

Edited by Pablo Bonvin