Doesn't deserve Sack after that

Guest RocketOwl

7 minutes ago, marconi said:

Deservers sacking for taking Rhodes off instead of Fox and shoving Reach LB.

I started a thread the other week about sticking joao on a wing... should happen. Needs to happen. Nuhiu also needs to be starting. But agree... Fox was having a mare and oddly he looked shattered.

If we played like that in every game we wouldn't be where we are now. We raise our game against good teams and go slow and pedestrian against bad teams. It's the failure to address the none performance in the first half of most games that winds me up.

I wouldn't mind losing if we looked like we had a team busting a gut to win games. Half the time you get the impression most of the players don't give a damn. If this safety first comes from CC he needs to change it , if it comes from the players they need dropping until they stop doing it.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, marconi said:

Deservers sacking for taking Rhodes off instead of Fox and shoving Reach LB.

Agree 100%. That Fox should gave come off although he would never ever get on in any team I picked - you can understand why almost to a man Charltins fans laughed at us for signing him he is completely out of his depth in this league in the last 30 minutes he was alone with the ball and punting it into the box because his kegs had gone disgusting situation.

As for Rhodes he was rubbish and rightly subbed. Why didn't we sub Fox and drop Reach back and try Abdi as we were losing Reach could still have p,Ayer as a wing back poor by Carlos imo.

Standards.

Ours have officially lowered.

Happy to just give it a go tonight, as if we were playing one of the Manchester clubs away in the cup. Happy to just do our best.

For me there's no more damning comment on this season than that. 

It's pathetic. 

The reality is 27 points from 22 games. 15th in the league. This time tomorrow we will likely be closer to the bottom 3 than to the top 6. Losing tonight wasn't really an option and to just pass it off because we put in some sort of spirited underdog performance - or whatever patronising garbage you want to label that with - is absolute horse sh*t.

Pointless platitudes and a big old pat on the head for trying. Shove it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Many of us were expecting a hammering. Carlos got our tactics right and we deserved a draw. That is without 9 first team players.

Whilst we played some good football it's all to slow and pedestrian. In January we must sign some more powerful and robust players. We need two quick wingers. 

Lets see then. 

You are right, let’s just wait until after the Burton game in the new year instead.

13 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Many of us were expecting a hammering. Carlos got our tactics right and we deserved a draw. That is without 9 first team players.

Whilst we played some good football it's all to slow and pedestrian. In January we must sign some more powerful and robust players. We need two quick wingers. 

Lets see then. 

If we are to judge him on one game

I’d have sacked him after the game against Dem Blavdes

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, gingerknob1 said:

Seriously 9 first team players get a grip

Forget today but those 9 players most played against Bolton who lost 9 in a row and didnt score in 8 but humiliated us. today was a no lose for Carlos , the players today put a shift in granted they showed that they got it in them to stop us going down sooner we get 50 pts the better don't want it going to wire. We know there are at least 15 better teams in league than us unfortunately we also have lost or drawn to everyone in bottom 7.

Just now, SheffWedsince86 said:

The thing that annoys me the most, is no matter who we play first half is always about containing the opposition. Why isn't it the opposition looking at containing us. We're only giving ourselves 45 minutes to win a game all season

Because Carlos is an Irvine wannabe and likes to give the opposition tons of confidence

I bet he shows the players all the best goals from the opposing team before kickoff to get them sh!tting themselves

He's a weak bottling bloke who wants to be a manager but he'll never have what it takes

Thats why we're a failure

11 minutes ago, Wednesday-Wonderland said:

He deserves the sack for his tactics in the Huddersfield play-off games and his dire job performance ever since.

And I like the man. Would have loved for him to be the man to take us back up.

We were one mistake away from beating Hull 1-0. Lost on penalties. People seem to think Hudds are a walkover, holding their own in the Prem.

12 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Lets see then. 

To say we got the tactics right, would insinuate that we got a positive result. For me, that’s a win. 

You’re saying these tactics deserved a draw, so the tactics couldn’t have been that right!

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Lets see then. 

Because it was against Wolves.

It's when we play lesser opposition that we're really bob.

I don't think that Carlos is entirely to blame for this mess, and frankly most sacked managers aren't entirely culpable.

But the easiest way to resolve a run like this is give the manager his cards, as the playing staff are difficult to shift, and that's what we must now do.

As Carlos will be gone in five months anyway, we need to bring a new man in to prepare for next season.

18 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Lets see then. 

One small problem. 

Carlos has had wingers and wont play them. 

McGeady, Buckley and McManaman never got a game ffs. 

And you want wingers? Carlos tactics don’t work that.