Carlos Out banner at Hillsborough

2 hours ago, Shezza said:

Of course. Got nothing to do with Wednesday fans, as, such. And we’re far from competing in that regard too. But I just with we didn’t have to see it our club. A totally utopian thought, of course. And I don’t blame our supporters for being angry. The results and have been awful, and Carlos should be sacked/leave. But let’s keep it decent. The guy did very well, was a fresh breath just a year or two ago. 

What difference does it make if he is a nice chap or a complete nob? He is stubborn beyond belief and has taken us as far as he can. Whether he is a nice chap or not should not come into it

2 hours ago, Shezza said:

Of course. Got nothing to do with Wednesday fans, as, such. And we’re far from competing in that regard too. But I just with we didn’t have to see it our club. A totally utopian thought, of course. And I don’t blame our supporters for being angry. The results and have been awful, and Carlos should be sacked/leave. But let’s keep it decent. The guy did very well, was a fresh breath just a year or two ago. 

What difference does it make if he is a nice chap or a complete nob? He is stubborn beyond belief and has taken us as far as he can. Whether he is a nice chap or not should not come into it

Haven’t read through the thread so apologies if mentioned

A bloke walking through the tunnel under the south after was proper proper hissing mad! Was swearing his bonce off at Carlos, shouting extremities. 

He was a big lad so obviously no one argued with him but I thought his head was going to burst he was that angry! 

28 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Haven’t read through the thread so apologies if mentioned

A bloke walking through the tunnel under the south after was proper proper hissing mad! Was swearing his bonce off at Carlos, shouting extremities. 

He was a big lad so obviously no one argued with him but I thought his head was going to burst he was that angry! 

Bullen?

Disgraceful thing to do. Don't they know we are Wednesday? We clap our way to mediocrity none of this voicing our displeasure malarkey.

Here's my Wednesdayite guide to slamming dissent from those trouble makers like Farrell and co.

Rocketing ticket prices getting you down? Shut your bonce son a true fan pays whatever it takes to get to the big time.

Not happy with the disaster of a commerial department? Listen you scrubber, this is a football club we deal in football only. You want merchandise and replica kit for your fat torso and your whining little kids? Take them to a Disney concert pleb this is football and I'm a manly man.

Disgusted with our football and slide down the table? What? What did you say? You support no matter what that's what a supporter does. Clue is in the name you moron. Carlos is a nice guy, he talked to Sky Sports loads when things were good. Who the hell do you think you are get to the lane.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Muffinman said:

That's got to be the dumbest post ever. Hope next time you use the NHS you get to miss those foreign workers you evidently despise. Cleaners, cooks, nurses, consultants. Etc etc etc. Without which you would have probably suffered greatly by now. OK now I realise you might have a point. Would have been poetic justice since you don't like the foreign workers who keep our underfunded NHS going.

The NHS is well funded but we’d rather put too many levels of non nursing staff management in rather than “troops on the ground” we should also be prepared to train our own people rather than having to bring in what is effectivly modern day slave labour..

I was talking to a GP yesterday who told me a local hospital to Sheffield / Bassetlaw had recently set on a “foreign” senior doctor to work in the operating theatre, while they met all the criterea laid down by the NHS the operations had to be stopped on their first day in theatre as no one could understand them as they couldn’t speek English well enough for anyone else to understand, the NHS is chasing cheaper and cheaper workers and lowering the requirement standard needed all the time, what chance do our kids have of getting a job in nursing ? - What chance do you or me have of getting SAFE treatment ?, the amount the NHS is paying out in damages is growing massivly year on year ( perhaps that’s what you like about it)...

For the record I didn’t say anything about despising foreign workers but let’s not let that stop you posting FAKE NEWS eh ?

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

25396213_1512770725511076_7412502208953995551_n.jpg

The calls for the managers head at home games has well and truly started

I haven't signed into Owlstalk for nigh on 3 months, but felt I had to comment on this.

I feel I am indirectly responsible for these two thinking the "time was right" for this flag to come out.....it wasn't, as you will hear below.

These two sat behind me in the bottom left corner of the kop.   I chose to relocate there as my five year old struggles to see over other people so (barring rain) this is an ideal place for him. 

She in this picture is one of those who you would disown at a match, shouting random inappropriate things.    This flag came out just after I got frustrated and shouted "F&%£ off Carlos" - it was a bit of a fed up gripe at seeing us lose again, not a targeted gripe aimed at ousting the gaffer.

At this point, these two people saw that as a green flat to unfurl their naff flag.   It was quickly removed by a steward, so I am surprised a decent photo was taken.    

What I can tell you, as I stop behind after the game to let the crowd go down as I don't live far away - was these two people got dogs abuse from most of the fans walking past them, and that's the honest truth.   Most fans did not want Carlos out, they gave these two an awful lot of abuse for that flag and their comments. 

Edited by HubristicClapper

5 hours ago, Mmmbop said:

The people who knocked up this banner should be commended. They have done something to show their displeasure. The sentiment is a valid one and is shared by the vast majority

When you say vast majority do you mean on here or in the ground ? 

I ask because the 15 or so fans on the kop who continually tried to start Carlos Out chants couldn’t get anyone to join in. 

Guest Jack the Hat
18 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

Said unlucky to lose. They scored from a free kick that never was. They scored from their only shot on target.

Unlucky not to get another goalless bore draw at home with the customary one shot on target? My expectations are higher than this? The reason why we need to beat teams like this are because of the results before. Wolves are good but not that good they should restrict us to one shot on target at home.

34 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

When you say vast majority do you mean on here or in the ground ? 

I ask because the 15 or so fans on the kop who continually tried to start Carlos Out chants couldn’t get anyone to join in. 

Up until a few weeks ago, I was still behind Carlos.   Not because I thought he was the right person to be in charge, but because I thought that change may not bring the required change of direction.    I'm still of that mindset somewhat.

I thought I was in the minority.   But to be honest, after seeing the response to this naff flag being unfurled, I realised that actually the majority is not in favour of Carlos out right now still.

Me?  I'm now firmly on the fence.   If it happens I won't be spitting my dummy out, even though I am the kind of guy who prefers continuity.   But.....it's not looking like it will happen, so what now?   Do we divide the fans, or do we unite behind a currently poorly performing side?

Edited by HubristicClapper

Ad hominem attacks are wrong and inappropriate.

Carlos is a good man and a witty one and a good manager.

But not for us at this time. He has to go but not under childish recriminatory words.

At least, I don't think so.

I love the guy and I wish him all the (surely huge) success he will have elsewhere but we need a motivator and I think it's the man that Milan got rid of in Feb 2012.

Just my opinion, of course!:rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

The NHS is well funded but we’d rather put too many levels of non nursing staff management in rather than “troops on the ground” we should also be prepared to train our own people rather than having to bring in what is effectivly modern day slave labour..

I was talking to a GP yesterday who told me a local hospital to Sheffield / Bassetlaw had recently set on a “foreign” senior doctor to work in the operating theatre, while they met all the criterea laid down by the NHS the operations had to be stopped on their first day in theatre as no one could understand them as they couldn’t speek English well enough for anyone else to understand, the NHS is chasing cheaper and cheaper workers and lowering the requirement standard needed all the time, what chance do our kids have of getting a job in nursing ? - What chance do you or me have of getting SAFE treatment ?, the amount the NHS is paying out in damages is growing massivly year on year ( perhaps that’s what you like about it)...

For the record I didn’t say anything about despising foreign workers but let’s not let that stop you posting FAKE NEWS eh ?

Very well worded. Not sure it's the right forum but you do speak a lot of sense