David Prutton predicts Owls to lose tonight

Sheffield Wednesday vs Wolves.jpg

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY's winless run will continue when they play Wolves on Friday night (7.45pm), according to David Prutton.

The Owls have not tasted victory in their last five games and face a daunting test against the Championship leaders.

Hillsborough chiefs are reportedly set to axe head coach Carlos Carvalhal if they fail to get a positive result.

Carvalhal guided the club to back-to-back play-off finishes but they've not been up to scratch this season.

Wolves were held to an unexpected goalless draw at home to Sunderland last weekend.

But former Leeds midfielder Prutton believes they will secure all three points against Wednesday with Diogo Jota opening the scoring. 

“It's getting towards crunch time for Carlos Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday now,” he told Sky Sports. 

“The Owls have made the play-offs in the past two seasons, but have shown few signs so far this campaign of reaching those heights again.

“Wolves, meanwhile, suffered a surprising blip at home to Sunderland last week in a game many expected for them to win comfortably. 

“But they generally bounce straight back from a blip and I think they'll have too much here.”

Owlstalk Shop

The Championship is such a difficult league to predict, everyone beats everyone and I could see a situation tonight where we put in a Villa or Leeds type performance and win.

We are more than capable of it but just too inconsistent.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll win tonight.

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Who are these Hillsborough chiefs?

Perhaps The Kaiser Chiefs portfolio of songs came to mind.

”Good Days Bad Days”

“I Predict a Riot”

”Na Na Na Na Na”

“Every Day I Love You Less and Less”

And last but not least:-

“Oh My God”

WTF: