Sheffield Wednesday 0 : 1 Wolves OMDT

Morning Campers!

How are we feeling today?  Miserable as sin?

Seems to be a lot of it doing the rounds. 

Well, some of you might be at the end of your tether but for one can't wait to get to Hillsborough. Not because I am expecting any wonderful football fayre (though it would be typical of us to nick something from a game like this where we are very much the underdog. )

No, I'm more pleased to be going just for the chance to warm my hands on a Cup of Bovril.  I'm still out here and I have to say things are worsening.

Image may contain: outdoor

If it gets any worse I might have to bite the bullet and go home to do my duty by the wife.

It's enough to make a trip to Hillsborough to see the boys seem like winning the lottery. 

Ok. Winning a tenner on the Lottery and having to share it with 40 others..

But still.....

Anyway. Onto other matters...

Wednesday - V - Wolves 

No automatic alt text available.

Wolves.  The form team. It really would be just like us to do them.

I expected nothing at Villa and yet it was the best performance in terms of completion in probably the last 12 months.  Only maybe Newcastle was as good an overall team effort. Maybe more so.

Aye, Wolves , the form side. On fire till a rough 0-0 at Sunderland (who played 25 minutes with 10 men).  Is it a wobble?

Lets hope so.   Because our own form looks anything but, no matter how we try and hide behind the stats of having little unbeaten runs.

Image may contain: text

Wolves line up apparently in a fluid 3-4-3 which at any time can become both a 4 at the back and a 5 at the back.  All sounds very complicated.  Still that's the least of the worries. It's the fluid forward and midfield thrustings of   Jota (9) and Bonatini  (12) that have been doing the damage we should be looking.

Ok. Cover your eyes or put your fingers in your ears. ..

• Wednesday have won only one of their last 18 home matches against Wolves in all competitions

• Wolves have kept clean sheets in four of their last five league visits to Hillsborough, but lost the other match 4-1 in December 2015.

Carlos  will be serving a one game touchline ban. He can come and sit with me and have a Werthers. Maybe I'll have a word with him about how vital Busquets was to Barcelona when they had those two dwarves Iniesta and Xavi playing central midfield...

Hunt and Fletch could be available after missing the 3-1 defeat by Norwich, but Lees is still out.

Wolves have no new injury concerns, but Nuno Espirito Santo could make changes after a 0-0 draw against Sunderland. Helder Costa and Alfred N'Diaye (a bruiser of a lad. Wish we had someone like him throwing himself about)  may start after featuring last weekend.

How do be combat them , live in front of the nation?

Well...

Wolves to me is a name that harks back to the Golden age of football.  Taking on the Hungarians.  Young YTS player Ron Atkinson out there watering the pitch at Molineux the night before under the instruction of gaffer Stan Cullis.

So lets go with some old school tactics  ourselves and really mix things up.

Come on Wednesday!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3

Well done M’lud, considering the hardships you’re having to endure this is brilliant, mind, you’de best be carefull if you do go back to Lady Snoot’s she may well want carnal knowledge of you and warming up that quickly can break a man just like glass..

Maybe you should send your man in first !

Coco in the stands and well away from the touchline and we may just nick this one...

I still hope Coco has gone come Monday lunchtime no matter what the score is...

Enjoy her Ladyship !...

I did !

• Haha 1

Cracking effort indeed M'Lord

Shocked when you see no joy in 18 but I am

Loving the 2-3-5 formation of old, wish I could say the same about the selections!

Going for a 2-2 draw (which really means a 2-1 win for.............us!!!)

UTO WAWAW FTB

We get hammered by four clear goals.

As the fourth goes in, cries of "We want Carlos out!" ring round the stadium.

Chansiri finally gets the message, and we learn on Saturday lunchtime that Carlos has been dismissed.

A new man is installed next week, ideally D Smith, and we embark on a six-match winning run which gets us right back into the promotion race.

He oversees the squad and wheels and deals in January, coinciding with our better players returning from injury.

We have a storming second half of the season, culminating in a top-six finish and the defeat of the both Blades and Leeds in the play-offs.

We then take our place back in the PL, which is ours by right.

And to think it's all going to start today.

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri finally gets the message, and we learn on Saturday lunchtime that Carlos has been dismissed.

A new man is installed next week, ideally D Smith, and we embark on a six-match winning run which gets us right back into the promotion race.

He oversees the squad and wheels and deals in January, coinciding with our better players returning from injury.

We have a storming second half of the season, culminating in a top-six finish and the defeat of the both Blades and Leeds in the play-offs.

thPZS2ZJQO.jpg

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

You could be on to something here......exactly two years ago BURNLEY were "under-achieving" in the Championship but - after getting thrashed 3-0 at Hull on Boxing Day - they started a 23-match unbeaten run (16 wins and 7 draws) to win the division by 4 points.

It shows it can be done.

Put some cinnamon pods in your tea Shoots that will warm you up ..

An Indian Chap gave me a cup the other day, an old recipe from his beloved gran 

Must say I was a tad scared to begin with but wow certainly warmed the cockles 

As usual excellent post 

3-1 to the Owls

Can't be bothered with all the Carlos drivel anymore he's here for life :duntmatter: