First time ever

Guest Jack the Hat
18 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Yes , I hate it too.

But I also hate the fact that people feel the need to broadcast it on social media. 

If he don't want to go fair enough dont go, but why tell me and thousands of others who don't know the guy and don't care whether he's going or not?

Oh maybe he's telling us he's not going as a "badge of Honour"

It won't make any difference whatsoever to anyone other than him and maybe his family or friends who he can now do something else with.

It's the first time in twenty odd years that he has chosen not to go to a match. This is a Wednesday forum, which seems the right place to share it. In the past 20 years we have turned out some right tripe so it is telling on how things are now that he has chosen to do this. You might not be bothered but then who cares apart from your family and maybe your friends. Personally I think he'll change his mind at the last minute and go. 26 years is a tough addiction to break.

Just now, Jack the Hat said:

It's the first time in twenty odd years that he has chosen not to go to a match. This is a Wednesday forum, which seems the right place to share it. In the past 20 years we have turned out some right tripe so it is telling on how things are now that he has chosen to do this. You might not be bothered but then who cares apart from your family and maybe your friends. Personally I think he'll change his mind at the last minute and go. 26 years is a tough addiction to break.

Well said mate

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'm on the fence.  It's the M1 on a Friday night, I've got a mild case of the trots, it's probably going to be very boring and it's cold. Decisions decisions.

, .

If it's an ornate fence, the trots should be held at bay! I don't think it will be boring either. If we're good, it'll be lively. If we're crap it'll be hostile. Cold, yes.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm hanging on this one now

Keep us updated 

I want to see how it pans out

I reckon you'll definitely go

Living dangerously. Sitting at home about to arrange a Just Eat half time curry. Embracing the trots with the benefit of the pause button. I feel slightly dirty. 

5 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Sorry I thought it was a Wednesday forum.

Obviously for some people it's all about me and what I'm doing and how others need to know about it.

Guest Jack the Hat
8 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Sorry I thought it was a Wednesday forum.

Obviously for some people it's all about me and what I'm doing and how others need to know about it.

It is a Wednesday forum and he's no motivation to go out and watch the team despite having a ticket. It's not self indulgent just a statement. 

I sort of see where your coming from, but it wont make any difference to Swfc.

The problem at the moment is expectations, (and Sufc's relative success,)  everybodies have been raised these last few seasons and that's why people are disgruntled.

The club are in a much healthier state than at almost anytime over the last 20 years,(last 2 seasons excepted) but people are now losing patience and getting angry (or stopping going) whereas prior to Mandaric taking over we were in a massive hole but people understood why and accepted it.

Think now people expect (rightfully so) that after 2 years going so close and spending numerous millions, that we should be up there challenging for promotion again or if not the manager should be fired.

The off field shenanigans (kit, pricing, pre season friendly etc) would all be overlooked if the team were performing up to expectations.

Personally I think Chansiri has Swfc's best interests at heart, but needs some help from people with previous experience running a football club.

We have been in bigger messes than this and got through them, if the club get their act together quickly this could be just a blip, if they don't we could face many more years away from the top flight.

All just my opinion of course and probably nobody cares.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

I sort of see where your coming from, but it wont make any difference to Swfc.

The problem at the moment is expectations, (and Sufc's relative success,)  everybodies have been raised these last few seasons and that's why people are disgruntled.

The club are in a much healthier state than at almost anytime over the last 20 years,(last 2 seasons excepted) but people are now losing patience and getting angry (or stopping going) whereas prior to Mandaric taking over we were in a massive hole but people understood why and accepted it.

Think now people expect (rightfully so) that after 2 years going so close and spending numerous millions, that we should be up there challenging for promotion again or if not the manager should be fired.

The off field shenanigans (kit, pricing, pre season friendly etc) would all be overlooked if the team were performing up to expectations.

Personally I think Chansiri has Swfc's best interests at heart, but needs some help from people with previous experience running a football club.

We have been in bigger messes than this and got through them, if the club get their act together quickly this could be just a blip, if they don't we could face many more years away from the top flight.

All just my opinion of course and probably nobody cares.

People do care what you think. Thing is most people do not see this as a blip. For once we had a great opportunity but we have blown it. It's nothing to do with expectations being raised it's to do with the quality of football being so dreadful because of the tactics . At a guess we must be averaging a couple of shots on target each home game. To me This thread is about breaking habits. 40 years ago football didn't have as much competition as it has now so it has to be entertaining. We are one of the least entertaining teams in the league but with one of the biggest budgets. Saying we aren't as rubbish as we used to be doesn't cut it for me. You mention Chansiri but we all know what the real problem is. Predictable lack of entertainment will result in people looking elsewhere for their kicks. Suckers like you and me will always be back for more. But what's there to bring on the new breed if a guy with a season ticket of 26 years is bored of it. Like I say mindlessly supporting the chairman and manager through this cos we had it worse when we were skint don't cut it for me.

Would be interesting to know how many season ticket holders have been missing these last few months, I've not been to the last 3 or 4 and hadn't missed a home game for a few seasons. Getting more enjoyment sat watching the scores coming in than watching Wednesday at the moment , sad really but the frustration of watching negative football with no end product is keeping me away

Having an ST & not going strikes me as just lazy. Depending on how far you have to travel & how long it takes, obviously, but it's the financial thing for me. Home games work out at approx. £24 each in our seats. So if I stay away, that's £24 down the drain, 2 games almost £50! Imagine going to work, earning that £50, & someone saying 'right, give that to SWFC for two matches, but you don't go'. :biggrin: It's impossible to predict what might happen in advance of any match, you've already paid so you might as well go. The savings on POTG go without saying too. The protest element has no effect either, because you might still be included in the attendance & DC already has your money! I know there's 1001 other things anybody could be doing, but it's live footy & our team playing. That's enough for me.

UTO.