Form a battle square!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

I like nonsense & blind, stubborn loyalty.

Count me in.

If we're getting shat on tomorrow night, I'm on the pitch to get it abandoned.

Hope we lose? FFS.

Straight outta Jessops, not Compton.

If you're sqeamish, stay at home.

And that's our song just before kick off, not yours Wolverhampton!

UTO!

That is the only criteria mate....Ive got it in spades..well ive got the blind stubborn loyalty and if I need the nonsense I could invite Emilianenko..............

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

No matter how many responses you get , it's still a cr@p thread.

Thats your opinion mate....but you still feel obliged to keep posting on it...thus giving it more gravitas....

So the thread thrives ...and you sorta struggle about like a tortoise on its back, when in all honestly you shouldn't even have bothered posting on it should you?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats your opinion mate....but you still feel obliged to keep posting on it...thus giving it more gravitas....

So the thread thrives ...and you sorta struggle about like a tortoise on its back, when in all honestly you shouldn't even have bothered posting on it should you?

I posted a witty comment.

You should try it one day.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm still a Carlos in bloke...backing him until the end of the season..

All like minded Owls fans...post in here and lets form a battle square..

Some are shouting for boycotts, some are shouting abuse...some are just sorta shoutin'

The clubs clueless, the fans are rantin'..Its total turmoil.....

I am quite prepared to form an alliance with the "Megson cult"...

In fact

I offer Meggo the assistant managers job, with a clause offering first dabs on the Job should Carlos go

Its time to consolidate, we are beset on all sides by folk wanting Boycotts...Folks wanting Wednesday to actually LOSE! to further their nefarious objectives...

Stand here...no retreat..Non Pasarant!....

Its time to stand or fall..and remember..."Its not how many times you fall down..its how many cooks spoil the bird in the bush...or hand"..that counts...

Carlos in!...and devil take the hindmost!

Are you free to talk to the troops say 7:30 ish tomorrow, home dressing room Hillsborough.

No shouting though, don't want the ooposites to hear.

Damn!

Saw the thread title and hoped it was ITK news that Carlos was going to implement an Arrigo Sacchi style hunting square in midfield , ferociously hunting down the opposition in packs to rip the ball back from them and assembling a high defensive line.

Edited by Lord Snooty

You only form square against cavalry in which case it is extremely effective. Do it against infantry and you are well and truly screwed. Are Wolves turning up tomorrow on horseback or on foot? What des the scouting party say? Have we got the skirmishers out or have they already skedaddled?

2 minutes ago, clud17 said:

Should you not form line when expecting incoming artillery?

Bloody hell its the Duke of wellington!

Yes..form squares for cavalry charges I think..Lines for artillery...

I was expecting a cavalry charge....but I also formed me square on the reverse slope...cos of artillery...............

1 hour ago, Internationowl said:

The foulkon, or testudo, is no longer used in military operations because the formation is very easy to attack against with modern weaponry. It was once considered a useful defensive tactic circa 2000 years ago, but was found to have no pace, width, aggression or attacking intent of any real purpose. Reports from battles involving the foulkon formation suggest it was always a very boring affair, and most battles would end in a "scoreless draw" with no shots at all fired at the enemy, or a defeat for the foulkon in a slightly humiliating fashion. Often, the leader, or "captain" would stand from the foulkon and kick one of the opposing soldiers in the knackers before rejoining the troops. This would inevitably be a highlight of the day.

So now it all becomes clear, the reason Carlos and we are struggling is because we've been using the square as a formation. As it doesn't work against modern era formations or tactics maybe we could go all Alexander and try his hammer and anvil tactic, or his mousetrap strategy for dealing with chariots, which modena military strategists still use a variation of today.