What is Sheffield Wednesday?

7 hours ago, tripod said:

Off the back of a previous topic I found myself writing about Wednesday as a ideological entity that cannot be owned, bought or sold. 

Yes I appreciate that DC owns the football clubs physical assets and the rights to play in the championship but does he own us. We are the people who generate the interest, finance and keep the whole idea of Sheffield Wednesday alive surely we have a say in what our club looks like and acts like.

The decisions that have been taken since the arrival of DC that undermine our history and ethos go against his role as the temporary custodian of the physical club.

Guess what I'm asking is, what is SWFC and what right does DC have to trample on our heritage and turn us in to Thailand FC.

For those who say it’s his club and he can do what he wants how would you feel if upon our wonderful return to the premiership DC decided to take the club away from Sheffield to effectively do a MK dons. Is that allowed?

Football sold its Soul for the price of the original Sky Deal over twenty years ago now. 

As soon as the big money came along 72 clubs were cut a drift. Our club was one of the few, short sighted in our case, that voted for modern day football. 

Football was never collective in any case, not in the last century i would guess. 

Wednesday are Wednesday, they just are. There will always be some one who wants to own the shares of the club, through thick and thin, the fans remain  Wednesday. 

Don't have a dig at Dephon as he's merely playing a game we can't afford to play, and i wish him luck as all his money is riding on Black as the roulette wheel of the Championship spins. 

Sheffield Wednesday is many different things to many different people.

For some it's their whole life, like an obsession....for others it's nothing at all, I guess it is what it is to each individual, if enough individuals are in a similar vein of thought then a club exists & like all clubs there's enough difference of opinion among it's members to cause friction......hence, Owlstalk was born.