Chris Waddle 57 today!!

The step over and complete destruction of David Burrows when we wallop West Ham 5-0 at Hillsborough I was on the South front row at the time and got to see the magician work his magic up close. A true great in the footballing world not given the accolades he should have got as he was in the same team as Glenn Hoddle who seemed to be liked by the fans more, or maybe it was that god awful mullet. 

The goal in the Semi final against the blunts, could not get to the game but was in the pub with my dad and half the pub were jumping up and down and half were miserable, the beauty of Sheffield in the 1990's we supported our teams and had the friendly banter but we still went to the same places. I think in the last few years the banter has become abusive, I don't think it is any coincidence it is about the same time as the rise in social media  

Got the video of when he played for Marseille, some right stuff on that. Sadly, haven't owned a video recorder for 20 years, suppose you can get it on DVD somewhere. Great player, you knew what he was going to do, the defender knew what he was going to do. Sadly, possibly most other footy fans remember the England penalty miss.