When were you truly happy

Few moments of merriment 

FPS's play off etc.

Laws pigs double

But last time I was happy with everything?

Easy....

Sunday 12th May 1991.

Woke up and stared ay the ceiling with a big grin. 

Just gone up.

Just won the cup.

Genuine class side

Genuine top class manager. 

Proper Kit

The world of football was perfect in every single way.

10 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Nearly all the current posts underline some form of unhappiness with the club.

Manager

Squad

Kit

Ticket prices

Marketing

Chairman

Doyen boys.

Just wondered if anybody can pinpoint a time they felt all was well in our world.

Probably on the run up to the Hull playoff final I would imagine 

After the defeat some fans immediarely wanted Carlos gone and there seemed to be an undercurrent of unhappiness since 

Carlos and Chansiri really did bring us some great times in their first year - id love it to go back to that 

starting Friday vs Wolves 

Owlstalk Shop

At the end of the play off final

We lost the game, but it felt we had won far more than a game of football

We showed the nation what Wednesdayites were all about

Wembley had never seen a support so loud and so long

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

At the end of the play off final

We lost the game, but it felt we had won far more than a game of football

We showed the nation what Wednesdayites were all about

Wembley had never seen a support so loud and so long

Good shout for the Wednesday boys not sure I felt the same about the game

I don't see football as something to make me truly happy, however, if you asked me at what point have I enjoyed football the most I'd have to say through the seventies.

It was a game for anyone who wanted to watch back then, Wednesday for most of the decade were dire as a football team but the experiences of following them all over the country were the best, football has changed now & not for the better.

7 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Beating arsenal and playoffs in last couple of years. Also the year when the city was ours. I think our lowest point was league 1 First time around. I think now is frustrating more than anything. 

Sad as it is mine is August 1990 to May 1993. I was walking on air. My point was. As bobbar as it is now, when have you had it better. In the case of some younger fans maybe never. 

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Sad as it is mine is August 1990 to May 1993. I was walking on air. My point was. As bobbar as it is now, when have you had it better. In the case of some younger fans maybe never. 

Thats true

think theres a lot a lot of frustrating that we could be doing even better quite easily though 

doesn’t help the blades are above us (tho not doing great recently)

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Nearly all the current posts underline some form of unhappiness with the club.

Manager

Squad

Kit

Ticket prices

Marketing

Chairman

Doyen boys.

Just wondered if anybody can pinpoint a time they felt all was well in our world.

Before i got married :duntmatter:

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I never saw us in the Prem. Born in 99 so that Play Off Final and the home game vs Brighton was an absolute incredible experience. The 2 greatest days I've had so far as a fan.

Just now, Oliver Read said:

I never saw us in the Prem. Born in 99 so that Play Off Final and the home game vs Brighton was an absolute incredible experience. The 2 greatest days I've had so far as a fan.

Ah yes, I remember being 18 years old, just, Wednesday were just about my whole life back then, spent most of my money on them, most of my time traveling & watching them....was brilliant, no commitments, no responsibilities, an apprentice in a job I liked, listening to Slade, long hair..................

16 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Sorry mate but I was 4 in August 1990. My first game I was 5 in 1991. As much as I’d love that to be fresh in my memory, it isn’t. I also loved it when we had di canio and carbone. They were fantastic and I just wanted to be them. Wilson and co broke my heart by getting rid of those ‘fancy dans’. I remember waddle and that goal at Wembley and the waddle game against burrows so I could have included them.

For me I'd say the run up to Wembley and the experience up to kick off on that day. That whole period of time after the Brighton 2nd leg just seemed to be so enjoyable. I remember being stood at Wembley about 10 minutes before kick off and looking round the national stadium and thinking, f*cking hell this is amazing. Also a mention for the Brighton first leg, that noise as the players came out was spine tingling. Something you just can't quite do justice by describing it.

F’uckin hell!!!!

you lot need to get a grip.

I haven’t felt all is well for over 20 years - There is always something poo happening.

What I have learned is that there are far more important things than football. Yes it can make a weekend better or worse - but believe me there are far more important things.

Cherish your family, cherish your friends - everything else will take care of itself!

UTO!

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Few moments of merriment 

FPS's play off etc.

Laws pigs double

But last time I was happy with everything?

Easy....

Sunday 12th May 1991.

Woke up and stared ay the ceiling with a big grin. 

Just gone up.

Just won the cup.

Genuine class side

Genuine top class manager. 

Proper Kit

The world of football was perfect in every single way.

This would be well up there, fantastic time to be an Owl.

Very rarely do you feel that all is right in the footballing world

Only other times I can say I felt complete football joy were in date order

Promotion to Division 1 in 84, having never before known Wednesday in the top flight it seemed like a dream come true.

Was a long dream as with the exception of Stoke away it went on for about another 12 months 

The Paul Williams goal v Chelsea in 91 and the absolute 100% knowledge that after forever dreaming about it and being so close on occasions only for ultimate heartbreak, I would finally (ok I was only 21 but it was forever in my lifetime)  be going to Wembley to watch my team play.

Remember the celebrations afterwards in the Masons in Hillsborough a night never to be forgotten.  

The final whistle at Wembley in 91, then seeing the captain of MY/OUR beloved Wednesday lifting the trophy, the after match celebrations, the celebrations continuing all the way home. 

The following days at work still sharing stories with other Wednesday fans. 

Even if we win the FA Cup or Premier League (we wont) it will never be matched in my eyes as it was the first (and  probably last) trophy I (and my Father Rip) would ever see

Finally the last time all seemed truly right in the football world, 3/4/93 we had just booked our second Wembley Final appearance of the season and surely at least one trophy to follow (oh well Bloody Arsenal!)

But not only that we had done it Wembley in a game we totally dominated more than any other against our bitterest rivals. 

What a day, I thought football doesn't get better than this. (Sadly I was right)

Other days have come close notably Millennium, (probably the best day out ever but not total football utopia) Wycombe (and pipping that lot again) and beating Brighton.

I was exceptionally happy on all these occasions but none were absolute 100% football utopia to me as I had previously seen us achieve much greater things.

Would also say as you get older the highs are still fantastic and the lows are still terrible but you never quite seem to get that experience of it being a first anymore.

Example being losing to United, I was gutted but I now realise our time will come again, whereas after losing to them in the 90/91 season I didn't want to face work and I was genuinely devasted until we finally beat them.

Suppose life experiences changes your views on how important football is.

Anyway UTO! Here's to more happy football moments much sooner than we are now expecting. 

• Thanks 1