Carlos Outers...

48 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

I'm a successful business man with millions of pounds turnover a year,kids and a wife and I know carlos has lost the plot.

so get off your high horse and get back in kitchen my big mac aint gonna cook itself 

I don't get what you being a business man has to do with seeing Carlos has lost the plot.

I'm poor as roger and can see Carlos has lost the plot. 

lol

10 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

So carry on regardless eh and expect things to sort themselves out? I could see what CC tried to do but so could everyone else, the problem is that CC can't change his game; it's the same football regardless who he subs. We had a machine, it worked well at first but it began to break down with wear and tear. We didn't replace the broken parts and some Ludite broken the specific parts of the machine they new made it work. The operator got frustrated and started to blame various things for not jury rigging things and ordering spares. Time for a new machine

11 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

So all the happy clappers haven't done into hibernation for the winter.

I'm not sure if to believe you or laugh at you tbh, because  by the seems of things you can't see past them rose tinted glasses

1 hour ago, Ryan the owl said:

I don't get what you being a business man has to do with seeing Carlos has lost the plot.

I'm poor as roger and can see Carlos has lost the plot. 

lol

him saying I spread negativity because I'm miserable and I'm a personal ffailure,just pointing out I'm not.

anyone with half a brain knows clueless needs to go

40 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

anyone with half a brain knows clueless needs to go

I prefer not to take any posts, especially ones on Owlstalk, too literally - or too seriously, most of the time

But what is this?

Humour? Irony? Hypocrisy?

Seems to me like you're validating the other fella's point

• Haha 1

Carlos needs to go because it's stale now, but he's not entirely to blame for what's happened.

At the very outset there was confusion; I mean what mattered most, style of play or promotion?

Chansiri (and the majority of the fans) wanted better football, and so players were brought in to do that.

Fair enough, but were they good enough to play that way AND go up?

Fulham played attractive, attacking football last season ... then lost to Reading in the semis.

If promotion was the objective then we should have done what bonny 'Boro did.

They had similar resources to us, and they brought in a bona fide pragmatist and the players to suit his style.

We brought in an attacking manager with the players to match, then decided to play a different style for the sake of promotion, even thought the manager and players weren't suited to it.

We'd have done better to stick with Gray but give him better players to work with.

14 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Drugs don't do them.

Well, I seem to have opened up a real can of worms haven't I? I've read through it this morning and the over riding impression is that most posters have spectacularly missed the whole point of the thread. I'm accused of being a happy clapper (CheersDB)...of in turn abusing fellow fans??? and of being a part timer who doesn't know jack shi t about the situation.

Well, I seem to have opened up a real can of worms haven't I? I've read through it this morning and the over riding impression is that most posters have spectacularly missed the whole point of the thread. I'm accused of being a happy clapper (CheersDB)...of in turn abusing fellow fans??? and of being a part timer who doesn't know jack shi t about the situation.

Well firstly, let me just fill in a few blanks. I'm not a Carlos remainer...I decide several weeks ago that his time had come because of the results and his inability to change the tempo or style of play. We are poor and on current performances it is not possible to reach the play offs. However, I like the guy and hoped he would turn it round but he hasn't and IMO now can't. So that probably blows about 60% of the replies out of the water to start with.

Secondly, I've been following Wednesday since 1962 and apart from a period of about 10 years when working away have always been a season ticket holder...so someones lost their bet!

And to the posters who couldn't see and abuse of the Head Coach (I stand corrected), or the Chairman then it's you who have your heads in the sand. The only reason this site is not as bad as Facebook and Twitter is because there is a swear filter and moderators.

So, what was the point of my OP...well, it was a defence of the Chairman and his handling of the situation. He is...as has been quite rightly pointed out, inexperienced regarding football matters. He has got himself in a bit of a pickle with his involvement with Doyen and his decision to trust Carlos to go one better this season. So he is now being bombarded with calls to sack his manager and bring in...err! who exactly?...no one has a f*cking clue, and neither does he ATM...so I believe he is giving himself some thinking time till the end of the season. He 'aint daft, he knows this season would take a miracle results wise to get into the play offs and he also knows that's not going to happen with the current coach and squad. He has already made a public statement that Carlos will be here until the end of this season and anyone who is familiar with Thai culture will know that they do not give their word lightly...they give and value loyalty in return, so no amount of threads on here listing his perceived wrongdoings or nagging him because he hasn't bowed to the Carlos out brigade will change his decisions. 

It might however, convince him that English football club ownership is not what he envisaged when he bought us and maybe he should try and get his money back before he invests and more to try and placate an increasingly irate and ungrateful fanbase.

As I said before...be careful what you wish for.

Well firstly, let me just fill in a few blanks. I'm not a Carlos remainer...I decide several weeks ago that his time had come because of the results and his inability to change the tempo or style of play. We are poor and on current performances it is not possible to reach the play offs. However, I like the guy and hoped he would turn it round but he hasn't and IMO now can't. So that probably blows about 60% of the replies out of the water to start with.

Secondly, I've been following Wednesday since 1962 and apart from a period of about 10 years when working away have always been a season ticket holder...so someones lost their bet!

And to the posters who couldn't see and abuse of the Head Coach (I stand corrected), or the Chairman then it's you who have your heads in the sand. The only reason this site is not as bad as Facebook and Twitter is because there is a swear filter and moderators.

So, what was the point of my OP...well, it was a defence of the Chairman and his handling of the situation. He is...as has been quite rightly pointed out, inexperienced regarding football matters. He has got himself in a bit of a pickle with his involvement with Doyen and his decision to trust Carlos to go one better this season. So he is now being bombarded with calls to sack his manager and bring in...err! who exactly?...no one has a f*cking clue, and neither does he ATM...so I believe he is giving himself some thinking time till the end of the season. He 'aint daft, he knows this season would take a miracle results wise to get into the play offs and he also knows that's not going to happen with the current coach and squad. He has already made a public statement that Carlos will be here until the end of this season and anyone who is familiar with Thai culture will know that they do not give their word lightly...they give and value loyalty in return, so no amount of threads on here listing his perceived wrongdoings or nagging him because he hasn't bowed to the Carlos out brigade will change his decisions. 

It might however, convince him that English football club ownership is not what he envisaged when he bought us and maybe he should try and get his money back before he invests and more to try and placate an increasingly irate and ungrateful fanbase.

As I said before...be careful what you wish for.

On 13/12/2017 at 11:54, Hougoumont said:

Apologies for the muddle above...as I said, I'm an infrequent poster and I obviously pushed a wrong button and got a wierd double post all in one. :duntmatter:

lolHowever I'm sure you will get the gist.

No worries, 

What leads you to think Chansiri is biding his time and not simply in a quandary.....?

The doyen situation as we know it?..Is that healthy?

The kit fiasco?..is that acceptable?

The recruitment?...Is that not shambolic?

The 150th anniversary?..is that not akin to a 5yr old  kids bad birthday party?

The cake?

The f.ookin' Derby?

The sodding prices?

"I know little of football"...THAT is looking the only thing that it is spot on!

He needs advice, and advice from someone who has not got his/their own agenda...

You can't fault him for spending his money, but then again..aren't we all

On 12/12/2017 at 19:42, snaykz said:

While not condoning any insults or personal abuse, the idea that people who want the manager gone are not true supporters has to stop.

People have genuine opinions and their own reasons for forming those opinions. We all want what's best for the club.

I would even argue that the Carlos outers are behaving more rationally than the Carlos backers right now (insults apart). Those who want him gone are basing their opinion on two and a half seasons of evidence. Those who want him to stay seem to be basing their opinion on blind hope that things will improve.

But all the evidence of the last 2 and a half years point towards consistent pushes for the premier league. Your point holds no substance 

On 12/12/2017 at 21:01, BRADDO said:

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't support those who personally abuse Carlos. He deserves respect and should leave with dignity in tact. However, with over 30 million spent on players, the playing of Alan Irvine standard football, regression by the week and the impending request by DC that he wants 700 + quid from me to renew my seat in the south, I'm also entitled to voice my opinion. Carlos needs to go now and he must take his backroom cabal with him for the sake of our great club. I hope that's ok with you.

Could be bothered reading after your post @BRADDO but I'm totally with your post .. CC needs to go. No backbiting, i've never called him names and the worst i've seen is Clown to be honest ..

As for DC, again .. no serious hurtful abuse, more clown or clueless comments but again, he's on a steep learning curve and after 3 years he's still making the same mistakes ...

People at the club need to sit down in the summer and have a good long hard think about the direction they want to take the club  and how to do it because this season, our 150th year anniversary season in which CC and DC talked up promotion and everything off the pitch was meant to be absolutely mega ... well its been a flipping sloppy wet fart at the moment .. a real anti climax and has done nothing to gee the fans up. Nothing what-so-ever ...

On 12/12/2017 at 19:08, Lawrie Madden said:

Well said OP 

Surely "supporter" means back your team and surely when things are rough as now then they need backing even more 

That said everyone is entitled to do as they wish and support how they wish to me it make no difference if someone has been to 1 game or every game they are all equally Wednesdayites 

Maybe supporter means that you want the best for this club at all times. That's my view anyway and justifies my reasoning for wanting Carlos gone.

On 13/12/2017 at 11:54, Hougoumont said:

Apologies for the muddle above...as I said, I'm an infrequent poster and I obviously pushed a wrong button and got a wierd double post all in one. :duntmatter:

lolHowever I'm sure you will get the gist.

if you get more frequent, would you mind posting a bit shorter posts?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Year 1 - 6th

Year 2 - 4th

Year 3 - TBA

Looking strictly at facts, written down, what does it tell you 

That this season we are seriously underachieving.

The facts are that we're 15th, 7 points worse off than this stage last season, 10 points off the playoffs with nearly half the season gone, and that in the past 20 years no team in our position has gone on to be promoted.

I'm sorry, but this complete refusal to acknowledge what has happened so far this season compared to previous seasons is bordering on ridiculous. We've seen VERY little to suggest we're capable of even getting close to the playoffs.

The fact is we've gone significantly backwards.