Carlos Outers...

23 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

80 points were needed for the playoffs last season as it stands we now need 2.1 point per game to even make the playoffs. 

Seasons oven in December, Carlos has gotten off pretty lightly so far if you ask me. 

6 wins from 21 games 

Probably need another 17 from 25 games to make play offs. 

Never going to happen 

Guest Jack the Hat

The Carlos outers are entitled to post on here just like you are . Ok some go over the top but most don't. Football is an emotive subject after all. 100% Carlos needs to go for me for us to move forward. You may disagree with me, but if you do I won't call you a spoiled child. What's the point posting about name calling and then doing it yourself. Kinda shooting yourself in the foot really.

1 hour ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

Interesting... 

Feck off

• Haha 3

How do you go from this:

OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level... 

...to this:

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

...without a hint of irony?

5a303f231cab2_Confused3.gif.9a43b7cd7dbb60dc172c8113e4545302.gif

Owlstalk at its finest. Bravo, sir!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

So its the fans fault the team are playing so poorly ? You sound like Carlos 

Never understood why a manager would get so much stick for the apparent crime of encouraging the fans to support the club and players.

Remarkable.

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

Absolutely spot on.

It's no surprise the classless ones doing it are the very same people commenting in this thread and completely missing the point.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well said OP 

Surely "supporter" means back your team and surely when things are rough as now then they need backing even more 

That said everyone is entitled to do as they wish and support how they wish to me it make no difference if someone has been to 1 game or every game they are all equally Wednesdayites 

We are all supporters of the club, but the club can be divided into three separate entities:

(a) the chairman

(b) the manager

(c) the players

In my particular case, I'm staying away because I'm angry with the chairman for retaining Carlos, even though by now he knows he made a mistake extending his contract.

I'm not prepared to indulge his stubbornness, which combined with his ignorance of the game is a dangerous combination for the club.

The players are understandably suffering from a hangover, and Carlos' race is run and he's at the end of his forces.

I feel no anger towards them, it's Chansiri who's nettling me.

they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard.

If this is honestly true, then you really have had a nice life.

Most of the "abuse" I've read is things like "clown" and "clueless", while perhaps these might not be called for, I hardly think they are worth getting upset about, nor do they justify calling other supporters loyalty or character into question.

From a personal point of view, I don't call for managers to be sacked, here or at the ground, I'm just not comfortable doing it... Do I berate those who do? Do I think their concerns are unfounded?

Absolutely not.

This season has been a big wet fart from the club from top to bottom (excuse the pun) and the performances on the pitch have been turgid, fearful and negative. I think people who pay their hard earned money have a right to vent their anger where they see fit (real abuse aside).

I would have far more respect for The Head Coach (he's not and will never be The Manager) if he came out and admitted his part in the proceedings. After all, he was very happy to have Sky TV et al. jerk him off as the next big thing during the first half of his tenure; wouldn't it only be fair of him to shoulder at least some of the blame?

But he hasn't has he? Instead he's blamed the referees, the fixture schedule, luck, the fans... All things that are beyond his control.

When he promises a more attacking style, he doesn't deliver, instead the team regresses back into the usual style and then throws the kitchen sink at it. If we don't get the points he returns to use the blame list above.

Its all very repetitive.

Do you not think it reasonable that people might find this extremely frustrating? Are they not as much entitled to their view as you are to yours?

Of course.

This culture of personality does my fricking head in!!

I don't "support" Carlos or "back" The Chairman, I want (as all of us should) what is best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. It's possible that may mean upsetting the pair of them in some capacity; I'm sorry but I refuse to apologise for that.

Personally I don't think that sacking the manager will suddenly solve all our problems. But do I respect the right of those who think in their informed opinion as supporters, that Carlos' time is up?

Absolutely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't support those who personally abuse Carlos. He deserves respect and should leave with dignity in tact. However, with over 30 million spent on players, the playing of Alan Irvine standard football, regression by the week and the impending request by DC that he wants 700 + quid from me to renew my seat in the south, I'm also entitled to voice my opinion. Carlos needs to go now and he must take his backroom cabal with him for the sake of our great club. I hope that's ok with you.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

What an absolute (Insert any expletive here) the OP is!

I'm a Carlos outer, I'm also a season ticket holder for 13 seasons!

I go to all home matches and support the team for the 90 minutes their on the pitch!

I would love nothing more to beat Wolves, go on an amazing run reach the play offs and go up.

But I am a realist, whilst ever Carlos is in charge he will keep us in mid table playing dull, negative football!

Just because I want Carlos out, doesn't mean I don't support the team!

Isn't the point that he/ she doesn't think that people need to be quite so hateful in wanting Carlos out I.e. all the idiots on Twitter. 

Admittedly I didn't read the entire post... too long. lol

17 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

All good, valid points. This site functions the same most do, they attract malcontents who come on to moan. The other thing with the 'glass half full merchants' is, unlike the rest of us, the desire to spoil everyone else's pleasure and revel in negativity. That way they confirm their miserable view of life and their position in it. I bet most of them are unhappy in their life and circumstances, personal failures spill over into 'their club' their 'Leit motiv' is to confirm their world view that someone has to be blamed. They project their unhappiness with a simple coda, one change will make them happy. That way they can explain away their own failures as all down to one simple thing. Simplistic views for simple people. Lack of self knowledge and a vicious circle of failure all around. Hate to live in their skin. Miserable and cold.

If you derive pleasure from watching the football we are turning out at the moment then Lord help you. And again, please stop insulting everyone on here if they don't agree with you. 

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Whilst I agree that abuse is never called for, where is all the abuse?

People want the manager gone and tbh it’s been fairly civilised. Of course you are going to get a few shithouses, but there’s been little chanting at matches and many have said it’s not personal, just not doing a good job.

Questioning the club doesn’t mean you don’t support it, and with the prices fans are paying and the amount of money spent on players then fans have the right to question.

Your post is every bit as decisive as the ones that you are calling out as well btw. Entitled to your opinion but don’t really know what you are trying to prove.

This

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Never understood why a manager would get so much stick for the apparent crime of encouraging the fans to support the club and players.

Remarkable.

He wasnt tho was he ? 

He was blaming the fans for our bad form and bad results. 

Read some utter sh#te on here but that takes the winners medel.  

We put up with enough rubbish this season Hillsborough is becoming a library recently and everyone’s so down it’s shocking 

cheering against hull when we have a shot on target is about the loudest Hillsborough has been in months.   

Telling kids they can’t have a kit for Christmas as it’s out of stock. 

You say were lucky we don’t support Blackpool but it’s going more that way than the way we all thought it would after Wembley.

Im a season ticket holder with my two boys and I’m Wednesday through and through and will support my team no matter what but every manager has a shelf life and I’m thankful for the times Carlos has had a the club and the highs but as they say the past is the past we all have to look forward and a new direction is needed.  

1 hour ago, Trawdenowl said:

I agree that there is no call for abuse, I do however think it is time for Carlos to go. With regard to Mr Chansiri I just cannot understand the negativity towards him, yes he has done some thinks I don’t agree with,has made mistakes, but just look at what he has invested in the club, we are beyond recognition from a few years ago. 

I believe he is a sincere and principled man, a man who does want to take us to the Premier League. Being from Thailand he may not understand all the negativity/ abuse towards him, I just hope he does not take it personally and he realises that it is generated because people care and have passion for our club.

But like it or not he has bought the football club, it his bat and ball and he can do with it what he wants, for all our sakes I just hope he does not decide this abuse is too much for him and decide to take his bat and ball home with him, then we will well and truly be foooked.

Needs a team of seasoned championship professionals around him, I agree he has good intentions and is willing to back and have faith in his coach, but far too many school boy errors. The kit fiasco prime example, just think he's got the wrong people advising him on matters of football that are skewd by the thought of their own personal gain above what he's trying to do. Under the triumpherate we seemed more focused, better run and had a clear direction, once it broke the cracks started to appear.