Carlos Outers...

20 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

5958e44a1a432_FightClubPunch.gif.ebf36ca9896ad672feefff2136592eb5.gif.828cd677508cf3e3101f54bf91e0fa77.gif

• Haha 7

The ones in denial that things are wrong are insistent on sugarcoating everything

How is the current situation not a problem when you have thousands of fans venting their displeasure? Are they all wrong? Cmon please spare me 

Edited by FreshOwl

25 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm a fairly new and infrequent poster on this site but am a long time supporter of my team. I pop into here now and again to see what people are talking about and lately I'm quite frankly appalled at the level of malicious spite directed towards the Manager, Chairman and some players at our club. OK, the football ATM is dull and the results less than what we all would like but the amount of negativity and sheer nastiness on here has reached another level. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain that this is not what the Manager, Chairman and players want out of choice...but for whatever reason, be it tactics, fitness, recruitment, refereeing decisions, luck or anything else you can come up with, we are going through a bad period.

The guy at the top has burning ambitions to progress this club into the PL so will be acutely aware that things are not going to plan and will have ideas about how he can effect this, be it a change of manager or a turnaround of playing staff or a new approach style wise, and will no doubt be taking advice on the best way forward and then he will act....when he is good and ready. But because he hasn't danced to the tune of the Carlos out brigade and sacked the manager to placate them, they are resorting to some of the nastiest personal abuse I have ever heard. Some are also advocating trying to damage the club with boycotts and protests until their strident demands are met. 

You are not Wednesday fans...you are spoilt children at best, stamping and screaming because you can't get your own way...or at worst you are closet pigs hoping to inflict damage onto the very structure of our club.

You aren't Blackpool supporters with a c**t like Oyston in charge who has almost destroyed your team out of pure greed...you have a Chairman who has spent multi millions to try and get Wednesday back into footballs elite...and who is unlikely to ever see most of his money back unless he achieves that aim.

You don't have a Manager who is totally inept like some of the planks who went before him...he gave us a season of joyful football and a play off final appearance and then another season of more pragmatic but nevertheless winning football. Now, because things are not going to plan you are wanting to demonise them. Well be careful what you wish for...because if Mr Chansiri decides he doesn't need all this aggro and abuse he may offload onto someone like Bates or Cellino...or even Oyston.

Image result for head in the sand gif

• Haha 2

What nonsense, paying fans have the right to voice their opinion however they want.

I can recall the slow hand claps around Hillsborough many times and chants of managers out.

What CC has done to this team with the resources he has had available is pathetic.

The players are not motivated by him, the derby game was a complete embarrassment.

His recruitment as been abject, we must be the slowest, least athletic, out of condition team in the division.

He needs to go now to give the new man a chance to change things in January.

Whilst I agree that abuse is never called for, where is all the abuse?

People want the manager gone and tbh it’s been fairly civilised. Of course you are going to get a few shithouses, but there’s been little chanting at matches and many have said it’s not personal, just not doing a good job.

Questioning the club doesn’t mean you don’t support it, and with the prices fans are paying and the amount of money spent on players then fans have the right to question.

Your post is every bit as decisive as the ones that you are calling out as well btw. Entitled to your opinion but don’t really know what you are trying to prove.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I like the majority of posters on here think Carlos has well passed his "sell by date", but I get where the OP is coming from regarding personal insults to the chairman.

They have been few and far between. Questioning his competence and respect for our traditions does not amount to personal insults. 

I can't really take a post seriously that starts by saying how personal abuse and demonisation is so bad, then goes on to call anyone who wants Carlos out a "spoilt child" or "closet pig" :tango:

The arguments for sacking Carlos are many, well evidenced and compelling enough that every single fan I speak to plus 98% of the voters in the last poll agree its time for him to go. To dismiss those views as mere "stamping and screaming" says a lot more about you than the people you're writing about in my opinion.

Unfortunately the worst abuse to individuals on site has come from those who wish our manager to remain. I am not defending every post because some have been unkind. however the original poster then deems to make nasty comments about some of those calling for cc to be dismissed. if you look at latest poll you will see our manager has very little support, the chairman still has support offans. Think frustration has got the better of some but when situation resolved hopefully all will be well.

By the way i am certain some of those wanting CC to stay are not wednesday fans.

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

I can't really take a post seriously that starts by saying how personal abuse and demonisation is so bad, then goes on to call anyone who wants Carlos out a "spoilt child" or "closet pig" :tango:

The arguments for sacking Carlos are many, well evidenced and compelling enough that every single fan I speak to plus 98% of the voters in the last poll agree its time for him to go. To dismiss those views as mere "stamping and screaming" says a lot more about you than the people you're writing about in my opinion.

Exactly. It's football. It's a passionate game of opinions. What you see on the forums is permanent for all to read but it just about mirrors the vitriol you hear in the pubs and in the ground from all sorts of people for decades. I reckon there'd have been a bit of sweary sweary even in 1867. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

They have been few and far between. Questioning his competence and respect for our traditions does not amount to personal insults. 

Not saying that there have been a lot, just saying I can agree with the idea that we shouldn't need to resort to any to put forward a point of view.