Cold FA Cup games in January

Dad and I were at the arsenal game at Hillsborough in 79?when pat Jennings got pelted with snowballs. 

Oh boy we played well that day. 

No idea how the match went ahead. That is the year we had all those replays with arsenal. 

But the lasting memory was big pat moaning about the snowballs from the kop. 

We were brilliant against all odds 

Was still living in Essex then and got taken to the replay at Highbury by my dad and brother in law (from whom Wednesday chose me) Literally 30 seconds from knocking them out when Liam Brady scored their equalizer. It was heartbreaking and we should have won.

They have broken my heart at least twice since.

Some karma though under Carlos in the League Cup with that 3-0 win. We had gone for a corporate with work. Roger Wylde was the ex Wednesday player who came into the box that night and we chatted about the game. He told me that on 90 minutes (literally seconds before Brady scored) David O Leary had turned round to him on the half way line and said  " I think you've won this"...  Next time Roger looked up they had equalized!

Better still my Gooner supporting mate from work had put a tenner on Wednesday to win 4-0. Would have won him £500!  If only Joao had buried that header in the second half...

as a surprise Xmas box my daughter bought me a photo of the match between Arsenal and Wednesday on Dec 9th, 1967, It shows the Wednesday players stood in a blizzard, surrounding the Referee. The match was abandoned after 48mins. 

She thought it would make a lovely present for my Wed. Memorabilia, and was surprised when I said 'Oh, I remember that. We were there!'.

I remember that 8 of us went in a mini bus. I had always wanted to go to Highbury,and it was my first chance, and I 'saw' 48 minutes.

It was a pleasant reminder of the days my Dad and I travelled to as many away fixtures as we could. I'll attempt to photo and post it.. 

I was at the Arsenal game with my Mum (she loved going to the odd game with me and ended up going to some really big ones). We were sat about a third of the way up the North stand in line with the 18 yard area at the Kop end. haven't spotted us yet though!