The Cult of Megson

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You mean like Cardiff?

Warnock has always done well where has few years since McClaren shone think Warnock on for record number of promoitions if Cardiff succeed.  once a certain amount of time has passed a person is unlikely to achieve same again. Check stats you will see true. name one manager in any division who has come back after 5 years out of football and achieved anything.

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

Warnock has always done well where has few years since McClaren shone think Warnock on for record number of promoitions if Cardiff succeed.  once a certain amount of time has passed a person is unlikely to achieve same again. Check stats you will see true. name one manager in any division who has come back after 5 years out of football and achieved anything.

I thought you were talking about a Megson.  But neither McLaren or Megson have spent 5 months let alone 5 years out of football.

Just now, s8owl75 said:

Looks like the Cult of Carlos is now officially dead, who would have thought Carlos would pull the trigger himself. Long live the Cult of Megson!

:carlosswfc:

It’s not dead brother we have just resorted to silent tactics in preparation for the return of El Gingero Mesías himself. 

TBC...

1 hour ago, s8owl75 said:

Looks like the Cult of Carlos is now officially dead, who would have thought Carlos would pull the trigger himself. Long live the Cult of Megson!

:carlosswfc:

There was never a cult of Carlos, false news. There will only ever be one true Cult; THE CULT OF MEGSON. 

garymegson

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

There was never a cult of Carlos, false news. There will only ever be one true Cult; THE CULT OF MEGSON. 

garymegson

After what I saw in today's papers I would call it the Cult of Carlos. Thousands taken in by Carlos the Confidence Trickster, all hoping he would turn it around even at the death. We see now, his methods were largely based on Confidence and not the good sound football tactics of Lord Megson.

I agree brother that there is only one true Cult, that of the Cult of Megson

garymegson

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Trust me there is no bigger fan of Megson than myself but in all honesty it isn't going to happen, can you imagine Megson working with the comedy set up of Chansiri and our new CEO, I think he would be up for murder because he wouldn't wear the way the club is being run. 

Exactly ^^^

One day into a new year and in appointing Hurricane Katrina the club has blown away the chariot of clouds that were bearing the Ginger Messiah across the city to his rightful throne. 

All joking apart, Megson until the end of the season minimum would have been salvific. No way will he work in a set up such as we now have. 

As a long standing fan, I've often been pessimistic about our prospects but I'm not sure I've ever had this kind of foreboding before. It all feels a bit Pompey. Maybe we should send for Harry to complete the picture! 

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Exactly ^^^

One day into a new year and in appointing Hurricane Katrina the club has blown away the chariot of clouds that were bearing the Ginger Messiah across the city to his rightful throne. 

All joking apart, Megson until the end of the season minimum would have been salvific. No way will he work in a set up such as we now have. 

As a long standing fan, I've often been pessimistic about our prospects but I'm not sure I've ever had this kind of foreboding before. It all feels a bit Pompey. Maybe we should send for Harry to complete the picture! 

I feel exactly the same. I feel Megson would have solidified the fan base and galvanised the troops for the final stages of the campaign but now... I worry we will get a yes man manager who will have minimal positive effect on the whole situation. 

We are rapidly becoming an absolute shambles.