The Cult of Megson

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Some of the football under Megson was dire , truly awful  . Yet they are some clamouring for his return who also criticised Carlos for the dire football on show. 

Bizarre.  

And yet megson got the sack because he wasnt affraid to tell the chairman ehat he thought and that the squad was garbage and always wanted to build upon it but MM wouldnt do It

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

lol At the fools betting on Fonseca, Monk, Karnanka etc haha like that’s going to happen...

Cult members we might as well make some money on the return of the messiah by betting on the obvious. HE is currently at 20/1.

Not bad odds for the messiah's return to S6. garymegson

On 13/12/2017 at 01:07, owlmanc said:

West Brom fans love him. He played good football there and had them promoted twice. He took Bolton furthest in Europe than ever before. He has the highest win ratio of any Owls manager. Undefeated agaisnt the blades (2-0 down at the lane and he inspired a comeback) as for style he has always been at clubs ( apart from

west brom ) where the mission was survival and had limited players. You want a manager that knows the league, knows how to get promotion, got bags of experience and is passionate about the club. He's the man. 

If West Brom fans love him, why weren't they breaking their necks to keep him when Pulis went??  Bolton fans hated him - and he just used to shut up shop wherever they played - home and away.  Inspired a comeback at the lane???  Where was he at the start of the game.  It wasn't like we appointed him at half-time to turn that match round!!  Like his enthusiasm and love for the club, but football has moved on and he's a non-league manager at best.  No ta - God I hope we don't appoint hI'm.

2 hours ago, podski1 said:

If West Brom fans love him, why weren't they breaking their necks to keep him when Pulis went??  Bolton fans hated him - and he just used to shut up shop wherever they played - home and away.  Inspired a comeback at the lane???  Where was he at the start of the game.  It wasn't like we appointed him at half-time to turn that match round!!  Like his enthusiasm and love for the club, but football has moved on and he's a non-league manager at best.  No ta - God I hope we don't appoint hI'm.

Bolton fans are a very strange breed. 

The haters keep saying football has moved on but Colin’s team are up at the top McCarthy is doing a good job at Ipswich. And I’m pretty sure I have been watching a so called progressive overseas coach just play 4-4-2 every week for two and a half seasons.