CARLOS - Heartbroken for the fans

How many times can he say ‘we made mistakes that we don’t usually make.’

Surely you can only say that once or twice before it becomes mistakes we do usually make?

A very good first half? Hardly! Acceptable -yes, but it certainly wasn’t anything to write home about! 

He is deluded!

48 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Nobody's actually said he's a horrible man. I agree he's a very likeable guy but the problem is he's not up to the job. This is football and there is no room for sentiment.

Ask McGugan, Matias, Nuhiu, Abdi and that Portuguese center back if he's a nice guy...

He treats certain players like absolute crap.

If you know how the fans feel then you might start fuukkin empathising and start playing more positively and to players strengths.

You might try having a winger on the bench if you aren't going to start with one.

Tepid

If the head coach is as good as he and some fans make out and we have a squad of "superior" players lolthen surely they should be good and smart enough to sort things out on the pitch and adapt to the situation if the game? The performances on the pitch indicate they arent. The players must also know if their fitness levels are as good as other teams and if not they should be professional to do something about it. Change of diet and or an increase in cardio training. The lack of leadership and direction sticks out like a sore thumb.

It really is hard to believe that he was still here at mid-day today.  If Chansiri had any knowledge about football, he would surely have sacked him first thing this morning.  This season has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster and it shows no sign of improving whilst Carlos remains in post.  Even with a miracle worker taking over, it's doubtful we would make even the play-offs now.  

Whatever the case, it needs someone new who can motivate the players and adopt a much more offensive approach to games.  At least watching a team sent out by someone like that would keep us all awake for 90 odd minutes instead of the soporific rubbish we have seen so far this season.  As others have said, something is not right behind the scenes at S6.  Either Doyen have some sort of undue influence or Chansiri is scared of the financial implications of terminating CC's contract.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If the head coach is as good as he and some fans make out and we have a squad of "superior" players lolthen surely they should be good and smart enough to sort things out on the pitch and adapt to the situation if the game? The performances on the pitch indicate they arent. The players must also know if their fitness levels are as good as other teams and if not they should be professional to do something about it. Change of diet and or an increase in cardio training. The lack of leadership and direction sticks out like a sore thumb.

But isn't that all down to man management by the manager. The buck stops with him.

2 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Either Doyen have some sort of undue influence or Chansiri is scared of the financial implications of terminating CC's contract.

I Don't buy the latter one. Contracts for the head coach tend to have termination clauses that Aren't as generous as players. If nothing else you would continue to pay him on gardening leave. Indeed the settlement can take months to negotiate and pay out.

I detest Warnock but however I respect his ability to turn a bunch of lost players into a fighting unit as he did with miraculous effect to Rotherham year before last That type of man management ability is needed right now to motivate this stale bunch 

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Of course it does but sometimes the players need to be able to step up and work out what is required to win a game. Maybe they should take the game to the opponents instead of going backwards and sideways.

I Don't disagree but the tactical approach instilled in them means they can't just flick a switch. Even on Friday they were criticised afterwards for not defending as appropriate.

Just my view but one I have held for well over a year now is that the players Don't respect the tactical approach adopted. Whilst we were scraping results last season then they Don't say a great deal. Their body language and hints / rumours of fall outs are indicative for me of them not being happy or some of them

It's not so.much losing a dressing room more a disgruntled one. Let's not forget whilst they are well paid the financial rewards that could come from promotion have been close and that probably doesn't help. Football is all about margins and a 5% drop off in performance seems to have happened

5 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

We desperately need more pace and the ability to beat a defender and cross from the flank.  Although not world beaters I personally can't wait to see Pudil and Hunt at full back rather than Palmer and Fox. While ever we pick the back four of the last few games we are dead"

Pudil has had his day at full back, was getting done before injury. Prefer Palmer defensively, whereas Hunt is better going forward but for a full back not great at the back.