CARLOS - Heartbroken for the fans

Owls boss Carlos Carvalhal said he was left heartbroken after his side’s 3-1 defeat to Norwich City. 

Around 1,500 Wednesdayites travelled to Carrow Road on Saturday night to watch Carvalhal’s men go ahead in the televised Championship clash through Jordan Rhodes. 

But the Canaries came from behind to claim their first home win in over three months after second half strikes by James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira (penalty). 

Carvalhal said: “This type of situation breaks my heart when the fans come to support us and they have expectations.  

“They saw a very good first half and they were singing and happy at that moment.  

“And after, we compromised everything and the fans had to travel a long way home.  

“These kind of things break my heart because I know what the fans are feeling.” 

He was left cursing the Owls’ defensive errors as their seven-match unbeaten run came to a grinding halt. 

“The instructions at half-time were to stay solid and go looking for a second goal but we allowed them to score on the break and that was very disappointing,” said Carvalhal, who’s personal hearing to respond to his Football Association charge will take place in London today.  

“Norwich are a good team and they have good players.  

“They are a good team and have expectations to get promoted also.  

“We lost a game that we didn’t expect but we must work on the mistakes we made. 

“I’m more frustrated because we made mistakes that we wouldn’t normally do.  

“We conceded from a counter attack and a corner. I don’t like it because we train very hard so these things don’t happen.” 

Carvalhal is confident Jack Hunt, Almen Abdi and Steven Fletcher will shake off their injury problems and be available to face Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers on Friday night at Hillsborough.

...they work hard at letting the tallest defender on the pitch lose every single defender and smash in an unstoppable header...because if they do I suggest that whatever they do when working hard...isn't foooookin' working!!!

...and every single team knows we don't have the pace or organisation to deal with being hit on the break...and havn't for three fooookin' seasons Carlos!

Edited by Freshfish

Guest Copthorneowl

We desperately need more pace and the ability to beat a defender and cross from the flank.  Although not world beaters I personally can't wait to see Pudil and Hunt at full back rather than Palmer and Fox. While ever we pick the back four of the last few games we are dead"

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Owls boss Carlos Carvalhal said he was left heartbroken after his side’s 3-1 defeat to Norwich City. 

Around 1,500 Wednesdayites travelled to Carrow Road on Saturday night to watch Carvalhal’s men go ahead in the televised Championship clash through Jordan Rhodes. 

But the Canaries came from behind to claim their first home win in over three months after second half strikes by James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira (penalty). 

Carvalhal said: “This type of situation breaks my heart when the fans come to support us and they have expectations.  

“They saw a very good first half and they were singing and happy at that moment.  

“And after, we compromised everything and the fans had to travel a long way home.  

“These kind of things break my heart because I know what the fans are feeling.” 

He was left cursing the Owls’ defensive errors as their seven-match unbeaten run came to a grinding halt. 

“The instructions at half-time were to stay solid and go looking for a second goal but we allowed them to score on the break and that was very disappointing,” said Carvalhal, who’s personal hearing to respond to his Football Association charge will take place in London today.  

“We lost a game that we didn’t expect but we must work on the mistakes we made. 

“I’m more frustrated because we made mistakes that we wouldn’t normally do.  

“We conceded from a counter attack and a corner. I don’t like it because we train very hard so these things don’t happen.” 

Carvalhal is confident Jack Hunt, Almen Abdi and Steven Fletcher will shake off their injury problems and be available to face Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers on Friday night at Hillsborough.

lol yeah reyt carlos

“Norwich are a good team and they have good players."

“They are a good team and have expectations to get promoted also."

I think what he meant to say was

"It's difficult for me to excuse, Norwich have not won any of their last 9 league games and have not won at home for 3 months, perhaps I am guilty of worrying about the opposition too much."

8 minutes ago, ANDY said:

But the Canaries came from behind to claim their first home win in over three months after second half strikes by James Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira (penalty)

I think he's said all the bottom 10 we lost  to are good teams  

We need someone new for the rest of the season.

Someone who can instil some discipline and work ethic and self belief back into the team.

Someone who if he does a good job until the end of the season could be considered for the job permanently based on the results from the rest of this season.

Let me think.

garymegson 

• Like 1

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

We need someone new for the rest of the season.

Someone who can instil some discipline and work ethic and self belief back into the team.

Someone who if he does a good job until the end of the season could be considered for the job permanently based on the results from the rest of this season.

Let me think.

garymegson 

Amen brother!

HE is needed now. 

#bringhimhome

#timetofinishwhathestarted

garymegson