Why, just why?

Why do people think spending money is January is the answer to our problems?

If Carlos has proved or one thing it's either that 

1) he hasn't got a clue which players to sign

Or...

2) whoever runs our recruitment doesnt have a clue who to sign and carlos hasn't got a scooby how to manage them.

If this idiot remains in charge I hope we sign nobody. What's the point? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Why do people think spending money is January is the answer to our problems?

If Carlos has proved or one thing it's either that 

1) he hasn't got a clue which players to sign

Or...

2) whoever runs our recruitment doesnt have a clue who to sign and carlos hasn't got a scooby how to manage them.

If this idiot remains in charge I hope we sign nobody. What's the point? 

It’s a worry yes, but the players we have, just aren’t good enough, so unfortunately rolling the dice again, is a must

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a worry yes, but the players we have, just aren’t good enough, so unfortunately rolling the dice again, is a must

No players are good enough with Carlos as manager. That's the whole point of the OP.

I suspect that many of the players we have are good enough though, with the right motivation and approach to playing the game, etc.

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

No players are good enough with Carlos as manager. That's the whole point of the OP.

I suspect that many of the players we have are good enough though, with the right motivation and approach to playing the game, etc.

In my opinion, most aren’t good enough, and we’ll need to strengthen majorly, whoever is in charge

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In my opinion, most aren’t good enough, and we’ll need to strengthen majorly, whoever is in charge

Even though I don't agree (with your opinion), I can see where you're coming from. However, surely you agree that if Carlos is still manager then there isn't any point spending money in January on players because he'll simply waste the talent or recruit (by your opinion) players that aren't good enough - ie, his track record.

The first step is removing the manager. Everything else is a distant second.

Edited by Owl Be Back

3 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Even though I don't agree (with your opinion), I can see where you're coming from. However, surely you agree that if Carlos is still manager then there isn't any point spending money in January on players because he'll simply waste the talent or recruit (by your opinion) players that aren't good enough - ie, his track record.

The first step is removing the manager. Everything else is a distant second.

Well, the tactics employed by Carlos these last two seasons, have all but driven me away Do I trust him to spend the money wisely? No I don’t, but for me the problem lies further up the chain, the chairman and his advisors

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well, the tactics employed by Carlos these last two seasons, have all but driven me away Do I trust him to spend the money wisely? No I don’t, but for me the problem lies further up the chain, the chairman and his advisors

Completely agree. Carlos should be sacked but it won't solve many things going wrong at Wednesday. However, many of the players are good enough to compete with the right approach - this comes from the manager and his coaching staff. Address that and we can at least get back to some decent footy being played and win some respect back as well.

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Completely agree. Carlos should be sacked but it won't solve many things going wrong at Wednesday. However, many of the players are good enough to compete with the right approach - this comes from the manager and his coaching staff. Address that and we can at least get back to some decent footy being played and win some respect back as well.

Yes I agree, but it would mean turning the clock back to the play off final group None of the players signed subsequently, were either, good enough, or needed If we could sell every player bought since Wembley, and address the three shortcomings that were evident then, and still are, then we should wheel and deal

However, of course I’m worried, because the people responsible for bringing in all the rubbish, still have their hands on the tiller

Trouble is we need a sensible approach to January and we are unlikely to get that with the current Chairman and manager.

What we should do before January is

-change the manager now

-change the system to 433 under the new man then

- assuming Hutch gets fit we have enough in midfield

- sign a proper stopper of a centre half. Don't mind if he is not a good footballer as long he is big, strong, fit and can bully people 

- try and sign , probably on loan , a pacy player to play right hand side of a front 3

- hope FF is back and at it to play on the left hand side of the 3

- we have loads of strikers. If anybody is daft enough to buy one then sell. Any of them, I am not precious about any of them.

- get the new man to play an attacking style, giving it a go and see what happens when the players have got the monkey of the current system off their back

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The majority are good players, playing under poor management/tactics, Its that simple.

The squad definitely needs trimming by 8 to 10 players. Matais, Nuhiu, Loovens, Pudil, Abdi, Wallace and Jones for starters...they're either past it, not up to it or injured all the time. It would free up some valuable wages.