Does anybody think he’ll turn it around?

I don't see it now, we have a squad with little potential. 

It's very geared towards Success or Bust.

We've not sold when the time was right, we've not rejuvenated the squad.

We've signed comfortable pro's who've had a taste (premier league) and know they're not capable (Abdi, Boyd, Wallace, Rhodes, Pudil, Jones, Fletcher etc...)

Need massive change in January

1 hour ago, WayneTheOwl said:

You honestly do ? Wow that is some hope. Have you seen how far off the playoffs we now are and how many teams there are between us?

I hope your right but with 3 wins from last 13 games (I think) I just don't see it happening in the slightest, not with the clown in charge.

I have.  10 points off the playoffs.  With more than half the season to go.

Don't get me wrong, we're definitely not on form.  But it's more than a little early to be waving the white flag on the entire season.

Edited by Indoor Owl

46 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Seriously? What have you seen  in the first half of the season to suggest this is even a possibility?

Quite a few dropped games based on questionable officiating decisions, poor form from strikers, and some brainless defending.

We're under performing.

We're not even at the half way point of the season, and 10 points removed from the playoffs.  Way too early to be calling it quits.

5 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

I do think we'll end up 5th or 6th at the end of it all.  Keep in mind, we're not even at the half way point just yet.

Playoffs themselves are a bit of a lottery, so whether we get promoted is dicey.

If we average 2 points per match from now until the end of the season we will get 77 points.

We don’t look remotely capable of that.

And as things stand, 77 points looks likely to miss out this season anyway.

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If we average 2 points per match from now until the end of the season we will get 77 points.

Aye, one win against the ten bottom teams in the league doesn't remotely suggest we are capable of achieving the consistency needed to get 70+ points, that is a given fact.

As the season increasingly appears to be fading towards mid table obscurity, thoughts turn to the possibility of mounting a decent FA Cup run to keep the interest going. Right now, I also fear that Carlisle/Gillingham will turn us over. That is how bad it has become.

4 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Quite a few dropped games based on questionable officiating decisions, poor form from strikers, and some brainless defending.

We're under performing.

We're not even at the half way point of the season, and 10 points removed from the playoffs.  Way too early to be calling it quits.

After 20 games you can't blame the league position on refereeing decisions and poor form of players. We are where we are because that's how good we are! 

Carlos has turned us into an inconsistent mid table side.

We've won 6 out of 20 games!

To reach the playoffs we'd have to win 18 of the next 26 to get us to 78 points!

Do you really think we are going to do it?

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Like 1

I didn't even bother watching. Opted to go out with my wife and her mate.

Only checked score when I got home and just laughed.

I didn't get a threesome. In fairness if I wanted to disappoint 2 people at once I would take my mum and dad for dinner.

• Haha 3

It’s the level of uselessness that has surprised me. Last season we were dropping in and out of the last play off position quite regularly... but we never lost touch.

Right now we’re 14th, won only 6 out of 21 and the squad looks worn out and rudderless. Even our best players have become inconsistent and Carlos is talking jibberish.

Can we reach the playoffs ? I’d be amazed if that happened as there are probably at least a dozen teams ( probably more) in this division with more talent, drive, resolve, pace and direction than Wednesday and our Chairman is an expert on fish not football.

46 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The whole "we are only x points off the playoffs" argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

For a start it's now 10 points, but there are also 8 teams above us we'd need to outperform. 8 fricking teams!!! If people honestly think we are going to overturn those points and those teams I have absolutely no idea where they get this faith from.

Though I'd disagree, I could accept if people wanted to keep Carlos regardless of where we finish. But keeping him on because we still have a "chance" of promotion is hope bordering on delusion.

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

The whole "we are only x points off the playoffs" argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

For a start it's now 10 points, but there are also 8 teams above us we'd need to outperform. 8 fricking teams!!! If people honestly think we are going to overturn those points and those teams I have absolutely no idea where they get this faith from.

Though I'd disagree, I could accept if people wanted to keep Carlos regardless of where we finish. But keeping him on because we still have a "chance" of promotion is hope bordering on delusion.

No bordering about it. It's fully deluded.

Not quite as deluded as Crackpot Carlos saying we'll definately be promoted, but still deluded.

Nope, too far down the wind now. Should not have been given a new contract after the play offs but I was prepared to give him a chance at the start of the new season. Now he's put pressure on himself and verbally attacking the fans and making it even worse. It's crunch time, soon we'll have nothing to lose by getting rid of him in mid season; timing is everything

We need 50+ points to get into the top 6 now

50 points in half a season, which would equate to 100 points over a full season. That’s not just automatic promotion form, it’s tearing the division a completely new arseh*le form

Not going to happen

Edited by Stoop

Twice this season we’ve gone into an international break with a win, feeling a bit more optimistic. And twice they’ve gone back to square one after the break. 

I thought the Villa win and performance signalled the end of our slump. Two weeks later and normal service resumed, and have been really poor since. 

The same mistakes are being made. The same glaring issues are present and have been for the last 2 seasons. 

Nah, all confidence in him to turn it around has diminished. 

Edited by bigdan2003