The Fans are to blame.

13 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

There was more than a few.

By the final whistle there was Carlos out chanting but no applauding.

Not sure what mild fighting is but I didn't see any.

FFS.

Down at the front they were applauding the players when they came over and as I was leaving I heard people talking about fighting and saw some scuffles with about 5 coppers running over

21 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Some of our fans were protesting before the end of the regular season last season. 

They fell silent when we reached the Play Offs. 

Do you think our current situation warrants a gathering under the South Stand?

I was unhappy last year because I was sick of boredom 

Ok I was middle and could only hear Carlos out.

Apart from altercations between Wednesday and Norwich fans, of the i'll see you outside kind that the stewards had been involved in most of the game I didn't see anything.

FFS>

Ps.

I don't mean the stewards were involved in the row but trying to stop it.

55 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Maybe so. But it’s still not comparible. 

We risked not having a club. Not having anywhere to go on a Saturday afternoon (or whenever suits Sky). Not having a club that we all love so dearly, and part with our hard earned cash to see disappoint us. 

I’d take a lifetime in Leagues One and Two under the management of Alan Irvine over not having a club. And we are still the closest we’ve been to a return to the Premier League, bar the past two seasons, since we were relegated from the top tier. 

This is the problem for me, we always look at the worst case scenario. 'Yeah the football is absoloutely awful to watch, yeah we're paying sky high prices, yeah the players look totally devoid of confidence, yeah the manager keeps on making the same mistakes, yeah our squad is totally devoid of pace, wingers, athleticism or flair...but we nearly went into liquidation not so long back so we will gladly take owt as things culd be far, far worse' 

What was that saying...shoot for the stars, you may miss but hit the moon instead (don't think it was about JJ like)?  

There's no denying things could be worse, far worse (liquidation) but does how terrible we are playing now have to be compared to that? Can't we just want better without being taken back to potentially not having a club? 

Edited by Walt

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

This is the problem for me, we always look at the worst case scenario. 'Yeah the football is absoloutely awful to watch, yeah we're paying sky high prices, yeah the players look totally devoid of confidence, yeah the manager keeps on making the same mistakes, yeah our squad is totally devoid of pace, wingers, athleticism or flair...but we nearly went into liquidation not so long back so we will gladly take owt as things culd be far, far worse' 

What was that saying...shoot for the stars, you may miss but hit the moon instead (don't think it was about JJ like)?  

There's no denying things could be worse, far worse (liquidation) but does how terrible we are playing now have to be compared to that? Can't we just want better without taking being taken back to potentially not having a club? 

Of course we can want better. I want better. I always want us to improve. However it’s looking likely that this will be the first season since Mandaric took the reigns that we haven’t improved. 

Despite our continuing improvements, it has not been enough for some fans. Some fans were complaning before the Play Offs last season. We finished fourth. Of course we want to win the Play Offs and gain promotion. But is it really the epidemic that it’s made out to be?

Ok, so let’s not think worst case scenario. Let’s think about when we had Stuart Gray. We finished lower mid table. Many fans saw it as a chore to go to Hillsborough, as it was so boring. We didn’t protest under the South Stand then, why would we do it now?

What happens if we have a clear divide in the fan base? We have a manager that many fans feel the manager is doing well, but the other half absolutely dispise him so strongly that they want to protest? Who’s right? Who’s wrong?

10 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Of course we can want better. I want better. I always want us to improve. However it’s looking likely that this will be the first season since Mandaric took the reigns that we haven’t improved. 

Despite our continuing improvements, it has not been enough for some fans. Some fans were complaning before the Play Offs last season. We finished fourth. Of course we want to win the Play Offs and gain promotion. But is it really the epidemic that it’s made out to be?

Ok, so let’s not think worst case scenario. Let’s think about when we had Stuart Gray. We finished lower mid table. Many fans saw it as a chore to go to Hillsborough, as it was so boring. We didn’t protest under the South Stand then, why would we do it now?

What happens if we have a clear divide in the fan base? We have a manager that many fans feel the manager is doing well, but the other half absolutely dispise him so strongly that they want to protest? Who’s right? Who’s wrong?

And if we finish worse than Gray’s final season that means we’ll be going backwards. 

And we've lost certain traditional things about the club along the way and we’re paying through the nose.  

It’s totally understandable that people aren’t happy. 

I’ve said this before but some of our fans are that bothered about being the nicer club in Sheffield that they are happy to put up with bobbar just to prove their point. 

When are people going to wake up and admit that we are a joke on and off the pitch. The longer this goes on the worse it is going to get yet our fans happy that we have spent millions and we are now worse than we were when we didn’t have a pot to wee wee in.

1 minute ago, Pompeyowl said:

The problem now is the stakes have been raised by the chairman. The message was, however anyone cares to dress it up, 'We're aiming for the Premier League but the fans will have to pay top dollar prices for the ride' You raise expectation, raise you're prices then if you don't deliver you're going to cop some flack in whatever business you're in. That is a natural response.

Before there was no expectation as we were just used to being bobbar and the prices weren't excessive so we more or less accepted whatever we were given.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And if we finish worse than Gray’s final season that means we’ll be going backwards. 

And we've lost certain traditional things about the club along the way and we’re paying through the nose.  

It’s totally understandable that people aren’t happy. 

We’ll be going backwards if we finish any less than fourth. 

It is completely understandable why people are unhappy. I’m by no means over the moon. My entire point is that our current situation is not a patch on the situation we found ourselves in when we nearly lost our club. 

Guest RocketOwl

Not seen hi blamed yet but Westwood was dire on their first goal. Sluggish to get up from first shot and then somehow let the ball in the only place he could shoot.

1 minute ago, Pompeyowl said:

We’ll be going backwards if we finish any less than fourth. 

It is completely understandable why people are unhappy. I’m by no means over the moon. My entire point is that our current situation is not a patch on the situation we found ourselves in when we nearly lost our club. 

But if we’re worse than under Mandaric despite the money and Chansiri’s changes........

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

The problem now is the stakes have been raised by the chairman. The message was, however anyone cares to dress it up, 'We're aiming for the Premier League but the fans will have to pay top dollar prices for the ride' You raise expectation, raise you're prices then if you don't deliver you're going to cop some flack in whatever business you're in. That is a natural response.

Before there was no expectation as we were just used to being bobbar and the prices weren't excessive so we more or less accepted whatever we were given.

I couldn’t agree more. I think many of you are mistaking me for a happy clapper that is justifying our performances. I’m not. Far from it. 

I am literally saying that the comparison between now and 2010(?) is ridiculously incomparible. 

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Not seen hi blamed yet but Westwood was dire on their first goal. Sluggish to get up from first shot and then somehow let the ball in the only place he could shoot.

The defence were nowhere on that goal, nor City’s second. 

When you allow a team two shots directly at your goal the odds are stacked heavily against the keeper. 

Just now, Pompeyowl said:

I couldn’t agree more. I think many of you are mistaking me for a happy clapper that is justifying our performances. I’m not. Far from it. 

I am literally saying that the comparison between now and 2010(?) is ridiculously incomparible. 

I know you are mate. I'm saying don't have the comparison with liquidation as a fall back bench mark. The chairman has raised our expectations so let's set the bar higher.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 hours ago, Pompeyowl said:

We protested under the South Stand because we were desperate and close to losing our football club. 

Now is not even remotely comparible to then. 

You really dont have a clue