The Fans are to blame.

7 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

We haven’t. Simple. Suck it up, our current situation is not remotely comparible to that time.

People are merely throwing the toys out of the pram because their expectation is exceeding what the players and manager is delivering. 

Your so out of touch its unreal...wevare in big trouble on and off the field..believe you me

45 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

We protested under the South Stand because we were desperate and close to losing our football club. 

Now is not even remotely comparible to then. 

It seems things must get that extreme to warrant a protest with our fans. Just doing bobbar and going backwards as a club isn't bad enough.

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I think the frustration now is more about what the owner is allowing to be delivered without him doing anything about it..

Maybe so. But it’s still not comparible. 

We risked not having a club. Not having anywhere to go on a Saturday afternoon (or whenever suits Sky). Not having a club that we all love so dearly, and part with our hard earned cash to see disappoint us. 

I’d take a lifetime in Leagues One and Two under the management of Alan Irvine over not having a club. And we are still the closest we’ve been to a return to the Premier League, bar the past two seasons, since we were relegated from the top tier. 

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

It seems things must get that extreme to warrant a protest with our fans. Just doing bobbar and going backwards as a club isn't bad enough.

Some of our fans were protesting before the end of the regular season last season. 

They fell silent when we reached the Play Offs. 

Do you think our current situation warrants a gathering under the South Stand?

48 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’d be interested to know what the mood was amongst the traveling owls at the final whistle

There was a few chants of we want Carlos out along with booing and a mixture of applausing. There was also mild fighting at the end on the way out.

We have 2 types of fans, the ones who are just happy clappers and the ones who realise something is wrong , the chairman is not a football man although  a good honest man, we urgently need a change of manager , money does not guarantee success , let's get back to being a working  class club again, let's get our Wednesday back !

• Love 1

1 hour ago, owlthorpe said:

Can't understand why years ago we would demonstrate under the south stand and now we just do nothing , the football  is so negative ,so back foot with no pace. Why are we so middle class it's embarrassing ! The first time ever we have had some money but the manager plays defensive football, would rather watch the team from the seventies havi

I think it was made clear today to both Carlos and the players that the fans have had enough.

He cannot claim the fans are backing him and only social media has a problem with him.

FFS.

1 minute ago, owlthorpe said:

We have 2 types of fans, the ones who are just happy clappers and the ones who realise something is wrong , the chairman is not a football man although  a good honest man, we urgently need a change of manager , money does not guarantee success , let's get back to being a working  class club again, let's get our Wednesday back !

That would make me unique. 

I’m not a happy clapper, and I’m no doom merchant. 

I think we need a shake up. Kind of agitating the bottle and getting the chemicals mixed again. However, I am not calling for Carlos’ head. 

I will not clap a pathetic performance purely because they play in a Wednesday shirt, but I won’t boo a loss if I feel we’ve given everything. 

There are changes that need to happen. One of those major changes, as you rightly stated above, is that we need to get back to our working class roots. Our owner needs to know his audience a lot more than he currently does. But we need to get behind the boys.

We can make a massive difference, and I think we have are partly to blame for part of our own downfall. Likewise, we can be a massive part of our uprising, but we need to back the lads wherever possible. 

9 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

There was a few chants of we want Carlos out along with booing and a mixture of applausing. There was also mild fighting at the end on the way out.

There was more than a few.

By the final whistle there was Carlos out chanting but no applauding.

Not sure what mild fighting is but I didn't see any.

FFS.