CHANSIRI OUT CARLOS OUT

19 hours ago, r8frazer said:

The phrase ‘Chansiri out’ is complete nonsense. He owns the club - he can’t leave. He is either bought out or the club ceases trading and no longer exists. Unless I’ve missed something nobody is queuing up to buy us, so it’s a total impossibility at present. 

Any prospective replacement for DC would have to meet his valuation of the club AND repay all debts owed to Chansiri i.e. funds injected via loan notes. Can’t see that happening any time soon.

Not defending DC himself as he’s making clear making bad choices but to turn on him is a mistake. If he chose to cut his losses we wouldn’t have a football club. 

Come on, you're cleverererer than that. People said the same about Allen, Mandaric etc.

Obvisouly he won't just walk away. BUt he can sell up. Best thing would be to get someone in to manage the club properly. Chansiri can make his money back when we're in the prem. We'll never get there with the current management structure of him doing everything and Carlos failing badly

Regarding the chairman you are completely out of line. Tough decisions he has had to make. He has made them for the club. Nobody can please everyone. Unless there is a better option than our current chairman back him. Without any replacements at all never mind the finances he has and put into the club and continues to do so. Calling for his resignation (he can't be sacked) is the worst possible outcome for any swfc supporter. 

14 minutes ago, Jowl said:

Seasoned businessman in 3 year learning curve? How long is the curve - it's longer than Dave Jones'

Evidently so.

Things aren't so bad and I've experiened far worse. It'd take Dave Allen level madness for me to turn my back.

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Regarding the chairman you are completely out of line. Tough decisions he has had to make. He has made them for the club. Nobody can please everyone. Unless there is a better option than our current chairman back him. Without any replacements at all never mind the finances he has and put into the club and continues to do so. Calling for his resignation (he can't be sacked) is the worst possible outcome for any swfc supporter. 

I can't stand the bloke. 

Hope this helps.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

I can't stand the bloke. 

Hope this helps.

Not really. He might not like you. Personalities aside Anyone who puts millions of pounds into my beloved football club can be disliked by everyone. He still a top bloke as far as I am concerned. How can any supporter dislike a guy willing to do this for SWFC. He certainly not making any money from SWFC. Come on wednesdayites !! back the guy regardless of personal judgements on his personality.

20 hours ago, Apple said:

The performanes on the pitch - can't argue. Time for Carlos to go now.

But Chansiri? Are you mad?

Pricing fans out of games - Season ticked sales and attendances beg to differ. Sometime in life you can't afford things. You have no god given right to be allowed to go to matches on the cheap.

Pricing businesses out. Corporate is a shambles.  - Evidently so. I don't know enough about this one.

Retails is awful. - It's been bad, agreed. But he's hitting his own pocket, so he's not doing it intentionally. Learning curve for him.

Charging more than ever for a shirt that we can't put on sale till mid-season. No sign of away or anniversary shirts. - My view on affordability, see above. Learning curve on the shirts, see above.

Ruined the 150th anniversary after promising lots of celebrations - and a big team friendly. - Over zealous in announcements, learning curve.

Doesn't listen to anyone and refuses to sack carlos - Unquantifiable statement. He doesn't answer to anyone so how can he refuse to sack him?

Forced out a club legend and his profilic striker son (Hirst must also take some blame) - Hirst(s) must take most of the blame.

Chansiri out? Get a grip. Had we been top of the league all you'd listed wouldn't be cared about by the majority in my opinion.

Agree with some of this, but very disappointed that you defended his pricing.

As someone who has been priced out of Hillsorough, I don't expect to have a divine right to go and watch Wednesday. But I don't expect to pay a top-end Premier League club price, for mid-table, boring football.

Huddersfield Town are a great example of this, my dad is a Town fan. £170 for a season ticket last year for him to watch exciting football and see them get promoted. I didn't realise it was a god-given right to go and show your support for your team for a reasonable price on a Saturday.

22 hours ago, Jowl said:

Have gone backwards since season 1 - on and off the pitch. Despite spending millions

Carlos gone from exciting attacking football to dull, predicatble and pedestrian stuff without any style or tempo. Or even looking like winning

Chansiri is worse. Pricing fans out of games. Pricing businesses out. Corporate is a shambles. Retails is awful. Charging more than ever for a shirt that we can't put on sale till mid-season. No sign of away or anniversary shirts.

Ruined the 150th anniversary after promising lots of celebrations - and a big team friendly.

Doesn't listen to anyone and refuses to sack carlos

Forced out a club legend and his profilic striker son (Hirst must also take some blame)

I won't be getting a season ticket next season for the 2nd time in 31 years. Once under Allen - now because a) I likely can't afford it and b) You're ruining our club with no regard for the fans,

5/10 flounce - because everything swfc is half hearted

You aren't alone.

16 hours ago, Jowl said:

Come on, you're cleverererer than that. People said the same about Allen, Mandaric etc.

Obvisouly he won't just walk away. BUt he can sell up. Best thing would be to get someone in to manage the club properly. Chansiri can make his money back when we're in the prem. We'll never get there with the current management structure of him doing everything and Carlos failing badly

Under Mandaric the club was for sale at a reasonable price for a good sized Championship club. Chansiri would want his money back for what he paid MM plus he would want out what he’s put in via loan notes at the very least. I expect that would make us look very poor value. Throw in the potential FFP complications on the horizon and I don’t think the club could be sold right now.

I think the Chairman and owner needs some good executive support. Football is unlike any other business as it is a single product company and the product is 100% dependent on the performance of employees. It is also very closely aligned to the local culture and economy so extremely tricky for a Thai businessman to succeed without very good advisors. 

In my my view he needs people on the board with:-

1 Serious English football experience-both managing the game and managing a club

2 A real understanding of Sheffield, its people and culture and especially the local economy

He may make some money eventually if we get to and succeed in the top division. At present, if he sold the club, he would make a thumping loss.  

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:32, Jowl said:

Have gone backwards since season 1 - on and off the pitch. Despite spending millions

Carlos gone from exciting attacking football to dull, predicatble and pedestrian stuff without any style or tempo. Or even looking like winning

Chansiri is worse. Pricing fans out of games. Pricing businesses out. Corporate is a shambles. Retails is awful. Charging more than ever for a shirt that we can't put on sale till mid-season. No sign of away or anniversary shirts.

Ruined the 150th anniversary after promising lots of celebrations - and a big team friendly.

Doesn't listen to anyone and refuses to sack carlos

Forced out a club legend and his profilic striker son (Hirst must also take some blame)

I won't be getting a season ticket next season for the 2nd time in 31 years. Once under Allen - now because a) I likely can't afford it and b) You're ruining our club with no regard for the fans,

5/10 flounce - because everything swfc is half hearted

Get a group of fans who are willing to sell their Houses, Pension schemes, use all their savings and take out massive loans and then you can buy the club and run it as you see fit.