Adam Reach

I remember Reach being benched against Birmingham last season and we won. Granted he came on and scored but my point is I think if Carlos benched him again I think we would win more games. I don't rate him, a fair few on here do but for me he's the worst signing of the lot and his performances sum up the last 18 months perfectly for me.

You need a mix of qualities in the team. Reach has a lot of decent qualities. He is one of only 2 or 3 in the team that can actually get around the pitch, has loads of energy and a decent left foot.

He makes a load of interceptions but 50/50 tackles ain't his strong point.

However we have many who can't get around the pitch, have no energy and still can't tackle. Basically they contribute very little.

If Reach was playing wide in a 433  where the midfield can move the ball forward better or wide in a 442 where the midfield two are the kind of battlers you need in that he would be fine

I find it absolutely baffling that we have a 7 page thread criticising Reach while the performances of Wallace are passing without comment. Perhaps nobody noticed he was playing.

Guest Willow Owl

Sometimes cannot believe what I see on here. Reach has been one of our best players this season. He may not tackle like Hutch, but offers so much more going forward when the shackles are taken off,  (3 goals recently) with rave reviews. The constant slagging he gets on here is both embarrassing and disgusting. How is annialating the guy at every opportunity helping his confidence, when there are a lot more players performing worse. 

A couple of bad results and its all his fault. 

The life of a scapegoat!!!!!! 

13 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

The fact people rate him is embarrassing, he’s a spineless, bottleless player who pulls out of every 50/50 imaginable. He cost us last weeek. He did it again on Saturday for the penalty. It took him about 14 months to beat a player, he’s got zero positional sense and his awareness when defending is non existent. The sooner he ends up at a league 1 mid table club the better. 

So he was to blame for the penalty?? I thought that was Bannan making a pointless challenge. Also Westwood, Van Aken, Fox and Loovens were also to blame against Hull, but yeah blame Reach. FFS.

Guest Fletchers head guard
2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Reach creates more, scores more, tackles better and defends better than Barry Bannan. That's a fact.

Yeah class defending for Ipswich’s second goal. 

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

So he was to blame for the penalty?? I thought that was Bannan making a pointless challenge. Also Westwood, Van Aken, Fox and Loovens were also to blame against Hull, but yeah blame Reach. FFS.

Let’s just miss the point he bobbar himself in them two instances then. 

18 minutes ago, Fletchers head guard said:

Yeah class defending for Ipswich’s second goal. 

Bannan tried to give them a goal in the first half. Missed a header to stop their first goal, bottled out of at least three tackles and gave away a penalty on Saturday.... but yeah keep having a go at Reach who set up our only goal.

7 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I find it absolutely baffling that we have a 7 page thread criticising Reach while the performances of Wallace are passing without comment. Perhaps nobody noticed he was playing.

Yes, Wallace has had a bad time of it at the moment but we’re talking about a player who has promotions to the Premier League on his CV and has been in general a revelation here for a free transfer.

Yet Reach cost a fortune and all he’s achieved for us is playing a massive part in a slow ponderous style of play over the last 18 months that has seen us regress from where we were in season 2015/16. Granted he’s got his fans but it’s not very hard to see why he’s got his critics too.

On 11/12/2017 at 05:56, TaxiMark said:

Im gunna go against the grain here a bit ...people on here love bannan and lee ( i like them ) but I seriously believe you win football matches in the middle of the park and without that you get over run and out muscled...for me since Lee has come back hes offered nothing and bannan can sometime just vanish.

We need two decent quality center mids to drive this team because time and time again we just get over run in the middle .

I do rate bannan and lee but we need better and we def need shut of jones because he is simply awful .

Some hard decisions need to be made im afraid .

Love this. I said the same about a year ago and got about 20 negs lol

Our third best player this season after Hooper and Bannan. 

You have to look a long way back to find the 4th best. Could you look further than Hunt and Westwood, and they have only been ok.

The problems lie elsewhere, certainly not with Adam.

Lets be really honest, we know where the problem lies. We have threads hammering really good players. It's no coincidence. We have a manager who is the opposite of King Midas. He touches golden players and they turn ordinary.

12 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I remember Reach being benched against Birmingham last season and we won. Granted he came on and scored but my point is I think if Carlos benched him again I think we would win more games.

If you’re going to provide an example of Reach being ineffective for us, I wouldn’t have picked a game that he came on as a second half sub and scored for us.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slick. said:

If you’re going to provide an example of Reach being ineffective for us, I wouldn’t have picked a game that he came on as a second half sub and scored for us.

I know but only game I can remember him being on the bench. Starts most games as he’s one of Carlos’ Golden Boys :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Bannan tried to give them a goal in the first half. Missed a header to stop their first goal, bottled out of at least three tackles and gave away a penalty on Saturday.... but yeah keep having a go at Reach who set up our only goal.

We scored two 

On 11/12/2017 at 12:04, ramone said:

He's not a clown though is he.

You know why... Football isn;t played on paper. Its played on real grass, with real human beings and a real ball.

Unfortunately for us, our precious Adam seems to be frightened of all 3 of those things. 

Everyone's opinions here are based on their interpretation of what they see. 

However...Facts are facts. The only people who dismiss those facts are people who have some sort of agenda to blame that suits their own 'argument'. He is statistically our best player this season with the most assists and probably scored goal of the season to boot. Is he the best in the world of course not but having people suggest is league one at best just says more about them really.

As for your comment about 'football not being played on paper' - I am aware of that funnily enough, however I think you need to understand that those stats come from someone who recorded the data based on 'a real person'  'on real  grass' with a 'real ball'. So yeah.. fantastic try.. but keep going lol

So as I mentioned above.. ignore the facts.. run with your opinion.

Typical Wednesday... love a good scapegoat.