Adam Reach

On 10/12/2017 at 02:48, CrosbyKitchens said:

Does Bannan bottling it annoy you as well?? Weak as bobbar in the middle of the park. 

Im gunna go against the grain here a bit ...people on here love bannan and lee ( i like them ) but I seriously believe you win football matches in the middle of the park and without that you get over run and out muscled...for me since Lee has come back hes offered nothing and bannan can sometime just vanish.

We need two decent quality center mids to drive this team because time and time again we just get over run in the middle .

I do rate bannan and lee but we need better and we def need shut of jones because he is simply awful .

Some hard decisions need to be made im afraid .

14 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

No I saw it. Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day. 

He is top for assists.

I.e. his involvement has lead to our goals.

And based on performances is statistically our best and most consistent player this season.

But you go tell the time.

Clown. 

15 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Reach seems to be our best provider, he can run at people, he can cross and he can score. Players all have different strengths 

Yep Reach’s strengths seem to be in forward positions, to me he would be best playing in the 3 behind a striker in a 4231.

At the moment he looks like a lightweight attacker being asked to cover in left midfield or worse as a left back 

Anyone who has seen Martial play for Man Utd yesterday or previously will see he often loses out in 50/50 challenges or gives the ball away but his strengths are going forward. And although Reach is NOWHERE near his standard I don’t think you’ll see Martial play as a left sided midfielder or a left back anytime soon and I don’t think Reach should be either

Really thought this lad had turned the corner in recent weeks. Has definitely gone back to the same, spineless shower of poo we saw last season.

Neshing out of the 75/25 tackle (in his favour) in the last minute against Hull did it for me. Isn't prepared to put himself on the line for our club. I simply cant excuse that. We were desperate for the 3 points that day and when it mattered the most, he pulled out of a challenge. Absolute shithouse.

Guest Fletchers head guard

The fact people rate him is embarrassing, he’s a spineless, bottleless player who pulls out of every 50/50 imaginable. He cost us last weeek. He did it again on Saturday for the penalty. It took him about 14 months to beat a player, he’s got zero positional sense and his awareness when defending is non existent. The sooner he ends up at a league 1 mid table club the better. 

5 hours ago, benni8 said:

He is top for assists.

I.e. his involvement has lead to our goals.

And based on performances is statistically our best and most consistent player this season.

But you go tell the time.

Clown. 

He's not a clown though is he.

You know why... Football isn;t played on paper. Its played on real grass, with real human beings and a real ball.

Unfortunately for us, our precious Adam seems to be frightened of all 3 of those things. 

16 minutes ago, ramone said:

Really thought this lad had turned the corner in recent weeks. Has definitely gone back to the same, spineless shower of poo we saw last season.

Neshing out of the 75/25 tackle (in his favour) in the last minute against Hull did it for me. Isn't prepared to put himself on the line for our club. I simply cant excuse that. We were desperate for the 3 points that day and when it mattered the most, he pulled out of a challenge. Absolute shithouse.

The problem with neshing is it's instinctive. If a player has time to think about it then he can pluck up the courage and be brave. But where it's a split second reaction thing then once a nesher it's likely you'll always be a nesher.

Just now, rickygoo said:

The problem with neshing is it's instinctive. If a player has time to think about it then he can pluck up the courage and be brave. But where it's a split second reaction thing then once a nesher it's likely you'll always be a nesher.

You're absolutely right.

I was always taught that i'd get injured if i neshed so i've never understood people that do to the point where it really boils my blood. Tackling is part of the game. If you dont want to tackle, dont play. Its a simple as that for me. In the same way I dont like getting stabbed with a sword so I dont do fencing... 

8 minutes ago, ramone said:

You're absolutely right.

I was always taught that i'd get injured if i neshed so i've never understood people that do to the point where it really boils my blood. Tackling is part of the game. If you dont want to tackle, dont play. Its a simple as that for me. In the same way I dont like getting stabbed with a sword so I dont do fencing... 

Like I said it isn't deliberate. Where they have time to gird their loins and do the right thing they will I'm sure. That's why sometimes Bannan flies into tackles  - but other times he won't put his foot in.

2 hours ago, ramone said:

This.

3 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

The fact people rate him is embarrassing, he’s a spineless, bottleless player who pulls out of every 50/50 imaginable. He cost us last weeek. He did it again on Saturday for the penalty. It took him about 14 months to beat a player, he’s got zero positional sense and his awareness when defending is non existent. The sooner he ends up at a league 1 mid table club the better. 

Reach is the new Petter Rudi. Sometimes when the going is good he occasionally looks a good player but for me doesnt do it consistently enough. His first touch is poor and gives the ball away too many times, the fact that Boro had our pants down for 5 million is even more galling. 500,000 would have been a more accurate reflection on the lad. 

On 10/12/2017 at 12:03, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Reach being a non tackler is an issue seeing as though we have a squad full of midfielders that cannot tackle.

The only one who can is a converted defender, Hutch.

In fact if we put FF into midfield as CC wants to FF would be our midfield enforcer as he is a better tackler than the rest.

As for those that say Reach cannot pass, cannot score, cannot take a man on and cannot cross obviously do not watch us, or do not know what the terms mean.

As mentioned already, Reach's biggest problem is the price tag. Something he had no control over but is anyone surprised given our complete f\/ckwittery of a transfer poilicy

Reach's biggest problem is the f****n idiots on here! 

On 10/12/2017 at 16:47, stanningtonowl said:

No I saw it. Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day. 

Stannington you are in danger of starting to sound like rocket owl and Rhodes.

Not sure if you were there or watched it on the radio but Reach was one of the best of a bad bunch.

At least he put some effort in.

FFS.

8 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

I have seen Reach make plenty of tackles during his time here. The 2 incidents being referred to on here are really poor from Reach. However they are just symptomatic of the level of commitment being made by the team at the minute. Changing room is lost face it.

8 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

You're embarrassing mate.

Maybe look at the stats and he's always up there.

He's quite often left covering the whole left side having to keep an eye open for what's happening behind him whilst been screamed at to 'get forward', but I wouldn't expect someone who judges players by your criteria to appreciate anyone who doesn't look & play like Lee Cattermole!

Bet you'd have moaned about Waddle not putting a tackle in!

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Like I said it isn't deliberate. Where they have time to gird their loins and do the right thing they will I'm sure. That's why sometimes Bannan flies into tackles  - but other times he won't put his foot in.

This is true; I coached a fair bit at junior football.

Some players can be a beast at making a tackle; but petrified of being tackled. Reach won't over one this now.

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You're embarrassing mate.

Maybe look at the stats and he's always up there.

He's quite often left covering the whole left side having to keep an eye open for what's happening behind him whilst been screamed at to 'get forward', but I wouldn't expect someone who judges players by your criteria to appreciate anyone who doesn't look & play like Lee Cattermole!

Bet you'd have moaned about Waddle not putting a tackle in!

I think Waddle had a few other qualities that overrode his lack of tackling ability.