Adam Reach

Palmer, Fox, Loovens, Jones, Wallace and Reach are average Championship players and would struggle to get in any other side in the top half.

Westwood, Bannan, Rhodes and Hooper are good players for this level.

Bannan made a few mistakes today but generally carries us.

Rhodes is a top finisher but all you have to do is look how many chances we are creating, the odds are against him and all our strikers.

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

How anyone can pick on Reach at the moment with the problems we have, is beyond me.

I could name at least 9 players who are more worthy of criticism after that performance this evening.

flipping clueless some of our fans

I agree he was one of the only players trying to go forward The annoying thing is his tackling or lack of.I feel sorry for bannan ran his socks off and tried to get us going forward but all that will be remembered will be the penalty and that loose ball that nearly had us conceding a goal.Even Westwood looked bewildered tonight hed normally be going nuts at the defence but then again they were still jogging back from the half way line 

Reach is a good footballer but people are right to call him out for his bottle.

ive never seen a pro footballer nesh as many tackles / headers as him.

2 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I agree he was one of the only players trying to go forward The annoying thing is his tackling or lack of.I feel sorry for bannan ran his socks off and tried to get us going forward but all that will be remembered will be the penalty and that loose ball that nearly had us conceding a goal.Even Westwood looked bewildered tonight hed normally be going nuts at the defence but then again they were still jogging back from the half way line 

I think Westwood’s body language said as much as anybody’s tonight that any faith and belief that the players had in Carlos has finally gone?

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

So noticeable. He is an absolute wimp like David Jones.

Also the number of times him and Fox have a chance to whip in an early cross and just decide to cut back inside infuriates me.

Reach's first thought is always always to go back. Free kicks, throw ins, passes. Never goes forward.

Utter utter garbage. I've never seen a less winger-like winger in my life.  No pace, no drive, no bottle, no awareness, no skill, a complete passenger. I almost feel bad for saying that cos the rest of them bar hooper,Westwood and baz are equally as bad week in week out.  But I dont. He's awful. The whole set up is a shambles right now.

• Like 1

Not read the whole thread.

But to pick Reach out as todays scapegoat is insane.

He was far from the worst player on the pitch.

Bored shitless and frozen second half I actually thought I am watching a team of bottlers.

Without hardly an exception.

FFS.

3 hours ago, David1867 said:

Recently described on here as being worth £12m and potentially the answer to England's problems on the left hand side.

Can anyone explain how those conclusions were made? 

England play sideways from the left wing. Don't get me wrong he's one of our better players. He could do a job as defensive midfielder or left back. His only problem, which he did not make, was that we spent £5 million on him as a left winger. His work rate is second too none. He can't beat a full back though.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

People are finally realising what a gutless player he is.

Under a Warnock, Megson, Big Sam etc the lad wouldn’t last 1 week. 

under warnock,megson, big sam etc the lad would up his game. as would the whole team

People have had it in for Reach ever since he had a pricetag, since his poor performances at the start of the season he's been our most consistent player along with Hooper and Bannan. 

The fact he was being played a left back for so long was a disgrace, he was completely sold down the river. 

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

How anyone can pick on Reach at the moment with the problems we have, is beyond me.

I could name at least 9 players who are more worthy of criticism after that performance this evening.

flipping clueless some of our fans

Let's face it. For 5 million pounds he's an appalling signing.

He isn't fast

He has no skill 

He can't cross 

He can't take a man on 

He doesnt score 

He's not strong 

He's fit that is all he's got. 

He's probably the worst signing we've ever made when you consider what else was out there. 

Edited by Kenners3896
  • Like 2

Let's be fair here.  Our problems are not down to Reach alone.  I think he's a decent player; the sort of player who would have been great for us five years ago.  

The signing of Reach was maybe the start of our bizarre recruitment.  Not done enough to justify the price tag, and I get the horrible feeling he will be one of those who leaves on a free when his contract expires in a couple of years. 

He's got a goal in him every so often, that much we know.  However, he just doesn't contribute enough to the team as a whole IMO.  Again, in fairness we don't know if that is down to Reach as a player or the fact we've only seen him play under Carlos.

I'm willing to give every player a clean slate when we eventually get a new manager.  It's just a question of how long we will have to wait for that change.  

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Palmer was outstanding  MOM for me and Reach not far behind him . 

Palmer did a few decent things but gets caught out far too often. Hull goal prime example. Also when bannan gifted the ball away tonight, he didn't even attempt to get back, just jogged. Can't accept that.

He's not good enough for a side apparently wanting promotion from the championship. 

11 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Let's face it. For 5 million pounds he's an appalling signing.

He isn't fast

He has no skill 

He can't cross 

He can't take a man on 

He doesnt score 

He's not strong 

He's fit that is all he's got. 

He's probably the worst signing we've ever made when you consider what else was out there. 

Seriously, who crossed it for our goal tonight?

who crossed it for hooper to score at Cardiff?

who beat a man and crossed it for Nuhiu to head in at Ipswich?

who scored 3 in 3 A few games ago?

Ah yeah, Adam Reach. 

You are fake news.