Right, I've cracked

Bannan? Of all the players to choose...

I thought we played a decent first half by the way - we gave the ball away a bit too much, but we kept on the front foot and kept going again regardless. I thought we'd cut out the mistakes once we got settled after the goal. It was so promising, there for taking, but nothing

Edited by jomaco

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Enough is enough. I've cracked. 

Don't like sacking managers, but with this budget the league position and performances are both totally unacceptable. And it's been going on for months. I thought it was the right decision in the summer, but I was wrong. 

This squad is stale, lethargic, comfortable and clearly lacking in direction, motivation and an old fashioned kick up the Harris. The whole thing needs a complete re-hash, and it fans need to strap themselves in for the long haul. We have blown it. Years of no money, then suddenly we hit the jackpot. We have blown it. Typical Wednesday Chapter 478. 

I didn't pay £1650 for this. We are losing and drawing to very poor teams. The situation reminds of when Laws, Irvine and Jewell went. You just know it is time. 

I've tried to stay positive, tried to back him, but can't anymore. Can't do it anymore. 

Do the honourable thing before it gets toxic, because that is one thing that is not deserved. 

Agree with every word. 

We scored , they were there for the taking , they had the crowd on their backs .

What happened ? 

Carlos decides that is enough excitement for one week and tries to play the game out from 20 minutes in . 

Norwich could have had 5 or 6 . 

Won in a canter at the end . 

That second half performance was pathetic.  It was obvious they were playing to orders, don't take any chances, play keep ball, see the game through.  Well, it rightly exploded in his face and we got nothing against a very ordinary team.  There is no justification to keep this manager considering the money spent and the playing squad at his disposal.  A playing squad, incidentally, that have under performed all season.  The season's gone for me and its time to move him on!

Awful performance, so lethargic.

Ive called for Carlos to go once, that was after the Birmingham game but since hoped he’d get us going again.

After that tonight there’s no coming back for him I feel.

If we do make the change then we shouldn’t just replace coach for coach, we need a proper football manager that is given the freedom to build his own team within an agreed budget

I will always go, because this is what i’ve always done, like generations of my family before me, and i’ve seen the ups and downs. But rarely have I felt so disappointed at such a wasted opportunity, not even the 93 finals. This is different. He’s had so much money to spend that we should be walking this league.  I’ve supported him because I saw him as a good coach. After trips up to Newcastle and that win against Arsenal and the Brighton semi and a load of other games in the early days i’ll say I really believed this could be something special. But this is not now a well coached team.  The OP said it all.  We need to offload a load of players in Jan to free up cash, and keep the 5 or 6 who are carrying the team, and give someone new a chance.  I’m really sorry because i wanted so much that he’d do it. 

His time was up in the summer.

he could've left with his head held high (to and extent bar hull & Huddersfield games).

only we can mess up on a mess scale with the resources at our disposal.

Edited by richowl

18 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Awful performance, so lethargic.

Ive called for Carlos to go once, that was after the Birmingham game but since hoped he’d get us going again.

After that tonight there’s no coming back for him I feel.

If we do make the change then we shouldn’t just replace coach for coach, we need a proper football manager that is given the freedom to build his own team within an agreed budget

I'll support him whilst ever he's in charge. :carlos:

Joke. But now I hope some of these who have negged and had a pop at posters who wanted him gone a long time ago will hold their hands up.

• Like 1

The reason I've hung on, supporting him, is because for the majority of the last 20 years, it's been crap. Carlos changed things, made it good to watch in the early days, and we were close. So sodding close. 

Carlos took us to the next level, attracted players, and made us credible. We now need someone to do the next part of the job. And that's the worry. Who the frig will DC turn to. For me, we need a proven manager at this level. A 'method' manager. Although I don't warm to the bloke, the absolute stand out candidate is Nigel Pearson. Stands out a mile. Would get the fans on side, taken a team out of this league and the kimd of no nonsense character this job requires, right now. And don't buy the nonsense about not managing a side in this City. He's said that out of respect for existing managers. He would jump at the job.

My choice would be Roy Keane. Proven at this level, and did a brilliant job at Sunderland. Point to prove and has spent the last few years learning his trade with ONeill. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

The reason I've hung on, supporting him, is because for the majority of the last 20 years, it's been crap. Carlos changed things, made it good to watch in the early days, and we were close. So sodding close. 

Carlos took us to the next level, attracted players, and made us credible. We now need someone to do the next part of the job. And that's the worry. Who the frig will DC turn to. For me, we need a proven manager at this level. A 'method' manager. Although I don't warm to the bloke, the absolute stand out candidate is Nigel Pearson. Stands out a mile. Would get the fans on side, taken a team out of this league and the kimd of no nonsense character this job requires, right now. And don't buy the nonsense about not managing a side in this City. He's said that out of respect for existing managers. He would jump at the job.

My choice would be Roy Keane. Proven at this level, and did a brilliant job at Sunderland. Point to prove and has spent the last few years learning his trade with ONeill. 

Yup, Nigel Pearson would be my pick, and to think Big Ron wanted to bring him in as his assistant and groom him for the managers job, that decision is where our 20 years went.

Just got in from a Christmas do and seen we've lost 

I gave up on Carlos months ago and stopped posting on here because of my repetitive 'anti Carlos' stance

When will this agony end with this useless bloke in charge?

Not my Wednesday anymore they can fuckoff

I'm not gunna over react and give it the whole club is tats up malarkey that some will because I'm not mental, but that was bad. 

Iv stuck by carlos! not once called for his head, cos it's not my style, n it's still not he will get my support whilst ever he's in charge, but that was awful no excuse for that was the worst Iv seen from us in four years!!! 

Anyone int world could see them scoring an he dint do a thing about it!!  Not a thing! Two subs after we're 2-1 down!!! 

No no excuse for that, at all, angry tonight!!!! 

To be frank, with the exception of the Leeds game, there hasn't been a performance at home this season that has been anything other than completely boring.  As for the away performances, only Villa was anything like good.  The rest have been absolutely dire. 

Today's performance was, I think, the worst of the lot.  We somehow went 1-0 up, courtesy of some very poor defending from Norwich and then as, per usual, Carlos decides that we just sit back and defend a single goal lead, when the correct tactics would have been to go for the jugular and get another couple of goals. 

He is just clueless when it comes to managing a game and hence why he has never kept a job this long before.  Well, sorry Carlos - it's time to say goodbye.... and if you don't have the self respect to resign, then the owner should be handing you your P45 on Monday, first thing.

He's got to go.

It's getting stupid now.

I saw this a year ago but you keep hoping.

The season is finished unless we start winning next couple of games. Why would that happen with no change of manager?.  It wont.

He's been a character and had us on the edge of success but it's obvious now he has no idea how to fix us.

I wish he'd walk. I don't want things to turn really sour against him because he isn't a bad bloke and he is doing his best but it's not working. 

Edited by Eightace

1 hour ago, jomaco said:

Bannan? Of all the players to choose...

I thought we played a decent first half by the way - we gave the ball away a bit too much, but we kept on the front foot and kept going again regardless. I thought we'd cut out the mistakes once we got settled after the goal. It was so promising, there for taking, but nothing

Apart from setting up a goal, setting up Olivera for miss of the season and giving away a penalty he was awesome :nuhiu:

When your star midfielder openly admits in an interview that they dont know what style of football to play then you know you have prombles

Tonight I couldn’t tell if some of the players didn’t know what to do, looked disinterested or just didn’t want to play for the team. Or all three.

At times we were literally all over the place, out of position and clueless 

I can’t see any coming back from this